Body Treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellishbellish

Reaction score
Hi,

For body treatments I'm currently only doing massage and the Environ treatment that helps with cellulite. What other body treatments does everyone else do and what brands are good for them? I've heard about the Universal Contour Wrap and also Thalgo - what are your opinions on these?

Thanks

I use Gerard's skin and body treatments.

They offer spa like body treatments such as compresses, chocolate massage, chocolate wrap, green tea abdomen treatment (as featured on Supersize Vs Superskinny), Ritual candle massage, shea butter treatment, dead sea salt exfoliation, honey treatment, mum2be, and more.

I think you can't go wrong with a body wrap system, HOF do a lovely Algae wrap.

Universal contour is well known.

I've just started using Spa Journey, they offer Bali spice heaven ritual, also Tahitan and a Rainforest treatment.

How about body scrubs?

I am a spa therapist and these are big hits with clients!

we use elemis and the treatments will deffinatley get your clients snoring and also rebooking!

you introduce the client to the treatment with hot mitts on there feet.. drizzle hot oil up one side of the body followed by a deep exfoliation.. repeat on other side then leave the client to shower.. then you do a deep moisturise:)

lovely treatment to carry out too!

Hi

I've used UCW for nearly 2 years now. It's a great treatment and because people have heard of it, the company advertise in major mags and they also have a 'find a salon' service on their website people will come to you.

It's quite a bit of work - prep and washing afterwards - but I do have quite a few ladies who keep coming back for more, plus a constant supply of new clients, so in terms of getting people through the door it's great. (I don't use big names as I'm very 'holistic' so had been looking for an easily recognisable brand to get people in and it's definitely suceeded in that way)

HTH

That's one of the many things I like about Decleor, I ge face and body treatments from one company, and the Decleor spa mosaic body treatments are to die for! If you go to my webpage there's a whole list of them and what they include.

Thanks for the help guys. Gerard's sound really good! Just had a look at their website and they do loads of exotic sounding treatments! Have these worked well for you and do they smell good?

I trained with Elemis in my last job and are you talking about the frangipani or lime and ginger wraps? I enjoyed doing them too and tried to get in touch with them (twice!) when I was deciding brands etc and they never bothered getting back to me :cry:... spose I could use their ideas of treatments as I like the fundamentals but I have a problem... no shower!! Any ideas of how to get round this as I don't think mitts get rid of all the scrub and the person doesn't always feel 100% clean coz they can still feel it on their skin after.

Decleor were the same as well - after contacting twice no one ever got back to me! Love their products though which is a shame.

With the UCW do you have to have a shower as well really?

Yes I love the gerard's and although I have shower facilities, i generally use steamed mitts to remove.

I offer quite a few of the treatments, but not the spa ones like Tibet as I am a one woman show.

Decleor and Elemis tend to only stock you if you have a few rooms, perhaps why they didn't get back to you.

I personally find Elemis overrated, I've had a few treatments and not been wowed by them. The frangipani wrap was 50 minutes of a basic treatment for premium prices.

I can't comment on the UCW as not experienced one.

If you are looking for an exciting new body wrap, check out Provence Cosmetics Bioslimming which is a Revolutionary Body Wrap which Detoxes, Slims, Firms & Tones, it targets Cellulite & Fat, diminishes the appearance of stretch marks, spider veins and varicose veins (and much more). It really is an amazing product which produces visible, long lasting results from first treatment. This is an ideal body wrap that helps you stand out from the crowd as it is still quite exclusive in the UK. The website is Provence Cosmetics - The next generation in Skincare and Bodycare products **Direct from Beverly hills**.
If you are a BABTAC member you will be able to read the Tried & Tested article in Dec/Jan issue of the Vitality Magazine.

Yes I love the gerard's and although I have shower facilities, i generally use steamed mitts to remove.

I offer quite a few of the treatments, but not the spa ones like Tibet as I am a one woman show.

Decleor and Elemis tend to only stock you if you have a few rooms, perhaps why they didn't get back to you.

I personally find Elemis overrated, I've had a few treatments and not been wowed by them. The frangipani wrap was 50 minutes of a basic treatment for premium prices.

I can't comment on the UCW as not experienced one.

the frangipani is a gorgeous treatment, i have also used ESPA and think there body wraps are really nice, the ful range of products are lovely! xx

You could mix your own scrubs with oil and salt/sugar but with no shower you would still have to mitt that off.

Another therapist once mentioned to me that she does a treatment using warm oil and exfoliating gloves (not sure if she means those plasticy ones or loofah ones), apply the oil, scrub with the mitts then massage in left oil. Could give that a try? Not sure if they would feel a bit too rough hth :)

I'm doing a winter warmer back treatment at the moment. I use my minx lamp to warm the muscle's, then exfoliate, then use a warm massage oil which I have heated under the minx lamp, 30 minute massage on back, neck and shoulders then a hot towel, then moisturiser.

Also a top to toe which is full body, includes face and scalp so it;s about 1hour 30 minutes in total. I do a full body exfoliation, front of body then back, remove with hot mitts. Then a massage which isn't as long as the swedish full body massage, then finish with miosturier. Finished with a facial cleanse, tone, exfoliator, facial massage, miosturise, then a scalp massage. Had some great response to them clients love them.

I looked at Gerards but there is a minium spend and you have to take on 3 treatments. I would have been happy taking on one then building to it every 6 months or so. I really wanted to do the bamboo massage, looks fab.

Hi, sorry, for not responding sooner, I've been off-line for a while....

No, you don't need a shower for UCW - infact clients are discouraged from showering afterwards as if you can keep the clay in the skin it'll keep working even after they leave you.

I would say you need a washing machine on-site though. The used bandages are pretty heavy and there is quite a bit of washing to get through.

Latest posts

Back