Book Day (fancy dress) at school..need help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
god i feel for you, ive been through this so many times in last 10 years, my eldest not doing it this year thank god, what would a 13 year old boy goes as fgs lol, my daughter (who has a separate wardrobe for dressing up outfits may i add) decides that her favourite book is 'the little lamb' so ive been sewing a sheep costume all weekend , it was easier than i thought though, (as i have done dressmaking in the past thank god, but my 8 yr old boy didnt wanna know any of our suggestions spiderman, harry potter, etc, so we said 'right then what do you wanna be?', youll never guess who he's going as ......

'chandler from friends', dont ask lol, hes reading the book that accompanies london episode and thinks chandler is 'sooo cool' great thing was hes got khakis and tshirt with sweater vest over and ive made him a badge with "hi im chandler, could i BE anymore pleased to meet you" on it, hes chuffed well small things eh:lol:

good luck hun, i cant suggest anything for girls boys are easier, dennis menace, hp etc, but ill keep thinking

xxxxx

When our school did that my daughter went as a character called Alice from a Jacqueline Wilson book called Best Friends, i think. She wore her own stuff! Quite a lot of the girls had similar outfits too! (She's 9) My younger one went as Snow White as we had a costume but at 9 they're not as into dressing up (either that or we're really boring down here on the south coast!) HTH xx

might be short notice, not sure if you're sorted but what about 3 little pigs (there were 3 weren't there?) pink clothes, pink cardboard ears sewn onto hairclip and curly tail (piece of pink material sewn with a florist wire in it)

still haven't a clue what to do....will be tears at bed time...i think everyones ideas sound brill....just my kids think differently....so I'm afraid its gonna be...do it my way or you ain't doing it !!!...its doing my head in...

oh i love fancy dress at school, may be a bit of a hassle sorting outfits but just think of all the blackmailing you can do when they're teenagers!! what about meg and mog for the littlies and hermione granger for the older one or just go with good old princess dresses. had to dress my daughter as a donkey for the last nativity, now that was a challenge xx

still haven't a clue what to do....will be tears at bed time...i think everyones ideas sound brill....just my kids think differently....so I'm afraid its gonna be...do it my way or you ain't doing it !!!...its doing my head in...

You tell em hun they should be glad you care enough to be worrying about it - you'll do em proud

My two boys have had thier fancy dress days today, 1 went as Sponge bob square pants and the other went in a pair of jeans and a bart simpson t-shirt, dont ask me why but he said that he looked like bart!:confused:

How about the tin man from wizard of oz ? You could make one of them a dress or some sort of costume out of tin foil ??? Cheap but not sure if they will like it lol

well its sorted now....amber and tayla are going as bratz...(well if the cap fits...:lol:)....so jeans and funky top for them.

problem child Ria..(i am so mean)...has decided that she is going as a ice queen ??????....she is wearing a long white dress and wings.....????.....i don't care as long as she's happy.

roll on 9am tomorrow when they are dropped off at school and i don't have to hear another word about it....it'll be done.

had some ideas from my clients too....."shave her head and send her as Britney spears"......"spill red sauce over her and send her as the chain saw masacher"....."keep her home and she can be the invisible man".......:lol:....says alot about my clients eh...but we did have a laugh.

thanks all for some great ideas....sorry my kids are so fussy...but if i ever have a fancy dress party to go to i shall be looking up this thread...:lol:

thanks again xx

Latest posts

Back