Booking in too late - how do I handle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

111caz111

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a new client I have been going to on a Thursday for the last 5 weeks. I have said about 3 times now face to face and through Facebook, could she let me know if she wants the appointment every Thursday as a kind of 'set in stone appointment' as Thurs and Friday are very busy for me and get booked up very fast and I don't want her to be disappointed.

Yet still I have asked her 3 days before Thursday twice now, do you want this appointment, and she always says yes.

So last week at the end of the treatment she said. "Ok I'll let you know about next week, times etc on Facebook".

I received a message on the Wednesday saying can I book in and I said well I am fully booked sorry! Now she is being very rude and saying, but I always get this appointment, why didn't you save it for me?"

How do I deal with this as I don't want to be rude, but I also want to make clients aware that they need to book at least A BIT in advance. I've only just started in the industry 4 months ago so any thoughts would be helpful! x

Just say that you cannot hold provisional bookings due to the risk of losing money. I think with this woman it's being firm but fair. Say that you are really busy on Thursdays and Fridays so bookings need to be confirmed by the client.

Just say that you cannot hold provisional bookings due to the risk of losing money. I think with this woman it's being firm but fair. Say that you are really busy on Thursdays and Fridays so bookings need to be confirmed by the client.

Thanks for your reply! Ok I'll try that, what you said sounds fair and not rude at all.
She is now saying I should of just assumed that she would take the appointment! I previously tried to get her to agree to a 'set in stone' appointment but she wasn't responding. If someone says 'I want this appointment every week for the foreseeable future' I'm going to say of course you can! I am not however going to hold a 'maybe/maybe not appointment' and knock back other clients I could be making money from! (ranting here sorry)

Maybe try saying sorry I think we must have crossed wires, with you saying you would let me know and not doing so earlier I'd already presumed you didn't want it so when another client asked I gave it away sorry, would you like too keep this appointment slot every week for you now too prevent happening again? If she says when your leaving house again that she will let you know just say ok that's fine but I can't hold the app if someone else asks for it then so she really needs too let you know ASAP xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe try saying sorry I think we must have crossed wires, with you saying you would let me know and not doing so earlier I'd already presumed you didn't want it so when another client asked I gave it away sorry, would you like too keep this appointment slot every week for you now too prevent happening again? If she says when your leaving house again that she will let you know just say ok that's fine but I can't hold the app if someone else asks for it then so she really needs too let you know ASAP xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you! that sounds completely reasonable! Ok I've messaged her with exactly what you have both suggested.
Hopefully she can see reason and doesn't insult me a over Facebook!

Yeh she is not seeing reason! She says she doesn't understand what I mean as she contacted me about the appointment. :S but two days isn't enough time as other people book in all the time! rar!

I don't understand some people! Why can't they just be reasonable and accept you're busy and move on!
I would try and end any communication with her as it's just going round in circles. I would reiterate that she told you she would let you know and in the meantime someone else has requested the same time slot. You also don't hold provisional bookings as you've been let down in the past and can't afford for it to happen again (perhaps a white lie but hey ho).
She's digging herself a hole as I wouldn't even want her back now!

Say to her that you pop her on your cancellation list and if on the odd chance someone cancels you call her, failing that she will have book for another day.

You could "provisionally" hold her Thursday appt for her until, e.g. 4 days beforehand. If you don't get a confirmation from her by this deadline this appt goes. You could also send her a mesg the day of the deadline to remind her to confirm her booking because you already have a list of clients who want that appt. If you receive no confirmation, that time is gone.

Had she ever let you down or cancelled last minute for an appointment?

I actually think when she said she'd contact you on Facebook you should have been more firm in checking that she wanted the exact same appointment again and clarifying why it's important that you know. If she genuinely does have the same appointment every week and hasn't yet let you down then I think it's fair to kinda expect that you're taking charge of this.

I had a client doing the same until I actually took charge and messaged her saying I've booked you in every 2 weeks at 12.45 until so and so date if any issues with the appointments please let me know and from then onwards we've a 'set in stone' day and time...

I actually think when she said she'd contact you on Facebook you should have been more firm in checking that she wanted the exact same appointment again and clarifying why it's important that you know. If she genuinely does have the same appointment every week and hasn't yet let you down then I think it's fair to kinda expect that you're taking charge of this.

I had a client doing the same until I actually took charge and messaged her saying I've booked you in every 2 weeks at 12.45 until so and so date if any issues with the appointments please let me know and from then onwards we've a 'set in stone' day and time...
Yes I do agree that I have learned to be more forthright with clients from this experience as not everybody thinks the same. I did explain that it was busy and she would have to book in but I should have just said 'Ok you really need to let me know if this is a definite appointment every week'. Then that way she would of had no excuse to be annoyed.

I think you should make a eflyer on your appointments/ cancellations policy link it to your website etc then keep reposting it. so that she cant get cranky and everyone knows the score.

Chill, your just starting out.Id polited say "omg darhling (made in chelsea voice!) you didnt tell me you was going to the parday, i rewlly rewely sorry, but you should have got back to me sooner, you know how busy i get darhling! Lets arrange it for next week and if you want it badly get back to me! :p(intentional spelling mistakes!) xoxo

Latest posts

Back