Books that will help me before I start my nail course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolly30

Reaction score
hello

I start my training in april towards becoming a nail technician, and from this AWESOME site i have realised (not that its an issue) that it is going to be a long road to be as good (and hopefully as successful) as i'd like to be.

so to go alongside any practical training i am going to do what id like from you throughly helpful people is a list of essential (and not as essential but helpful) reading that will help me learn all that i can.

thank you :)

Gigi Rouse (Geeg on here) has written the "bible" for nail techs. Def one for your list! No doubt someone will come along with a link for amazon!

Marriane Newmans new book is out end of April, an updated version of her previous book will defo be getting this myself and Gigis Nailclass book is also a must have.:)

Thank you people for recommending my book, available by ringing 04852106060

I think though at this stage of starting out, that my book won't be of much use to you as it is a book on the techniques of making nails. It will be of great help when you are learning though and can understand what the book explains.

For now, I would recommend Marian Newmans book, The Complete Nail Technician (make sure you get the latest edition).

And Doug Shoons book, Nail Structure and Product Chemistry ( this is really a must for every nail tech in the world to read). It is readable and understandable and not as scary as it sounds. No college training will ever teach you the things in this book and no private training will ever teach you the things in this book and no company training apart from CND training will ever teach you the information contained in this book. It is also available from 08452106060.
All the best.

As Gigi says, I think that Doug Schoon's Nail Structure and Product Chemistry should be the very first book you buy. It will give you the crucial underpinning knowledge, then Gigi & Marian's books when you're starting to find your feet. xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I have Gigi's book in my hand now. It goes everywhere with me. Every time I read it there just seems to be that snippet that clicks into place. :)
vicki xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I totally agree with everyone Gigi nail class book is totally fab. I also like the Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman.
The Encyclopedia of Nails by Jacqui Jefford & Anne Swain and
Nail Artistry by Jacqui Jefford, Sue Marsh & Anne Swain

For now, I would recommend Marian Newmans book, The Complete Nail Technician (make sure you get the latest edition).

Her newest version is released 18th April 2011 - I've just pre-ordered it now.

Latest posts

Back