Bras-where to buy from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisymayw

Reaction score
I find it so hard to get a nice bra that fits well. I don't want a m&s granny bra! Where can I buy from where they will actually bit properly. I have so many but hate every single one of them! I'm a 38GG... Adsa is poor quality and some don't fit well. M&s do the wrong shape I need round not pointy. Tesco, dp, new look and sainsburys don't do my size x

Next do nice bras that are comfy that are a good price and also VS nice but pricey

Just see you a 38gg lucky you :) not sure if next go to that size have you tried bravissimo they are meant to be really nice

Bravissimo.

Go in; don't guess your size. They don't use tape measures - they look at you and assess, then give you bras to try on. They will also see how they look with your top on, so wear a t-shirt.

Different makes will come up differently.

My favorite is john lewis as they have many different plus size brands and you can be measured and fitted correctly

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I can only find nice, comfortable bras in either Bravissimo or Figleaves online. I too am on the big busted side, 32J. Would rather have a c, but suffer with what I have. M&S do not go that big and find that they always get their measuring wrong.

I have trouble finding good bras that are a decent quality but big enough. I had so many that were quite comfy but would fall apart in the wash or the wire would come through the material. And good ones are something you need to put a few quid in to get something longer lasting. I've got a cheapy matalan bra for round the house/spare, a bravissimo and a sculptresse.

If you fancy a trip to Chichester I highly recommend Alison at tinks pretty things - Lingerie - Chichester - I had a fitting with her and I am now confident to be wearing the correct size :) And not a tape measure in sight!

Rigby and peller. Bit pricey but are very comfy. Debenhams sometimes do nice ones too x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Debenhams do a range I think called age defying. Ignore the title, the bra is a seamless tshirt bra with inbuilt shaping and well placed padding.
Can't say enough good stuff, good shape, good uplift, looks good, wash well and only £23. I have 3 colours.

Bravissimo.

Go in; don't guess your size. They don't use tape measures - they look at you and assess, then give you bras to try on. They will also see how they look with your top on, so wear a t-shirt.

Different makes will come up differently.

I've been meaning to visit my nearest Bravissimo store - my beauty therapist has always recommended them. And I like their Pepperberry dresses.

WONDERBRA!!!! I've never looked back, so comfy, fit perfect... Strapless ones are fab too I hate wearing strapless & no support but WONDERBRA keep them in place for sure xx

WONDERBRA!!!! I've never looked back, so comfy, fit perfect... Strapless ones are fab too I hate wearing strapless & no support but WONDERBRA keep them in place for sure xx

Ha! This reminded me of a funny thing someone once said about Wonderbra. "She takes it off and you wonder where they have gone!":biggrin::biggrin:

Ha! This reminded me of a funny thing someone once said about Wonderbra. "She takes it off and you wonder where they have gone!":biggrin::biggrin:

Lmaooooooo!! Xx

Bravissimo all the way - I haven't bought from anyone else in about 6 years.

You have no excuse - go and get fitted, there's a shop in central Cambridge :)

Before that I went to John Lewis every time for about 10 years.

Probably other online bra retailers also have a good selection, but Bravissimo have got it totally right IMHO. If you buy mail order or at a shop, your purchase goes on your record, you can then log in online and see what you have bought previously. They also expect you to return mail order bras until you are happy.

Being a 32 GG-H, I just expect to pay around £30 or more for a bra - you wear your boobs all the time, so they need to look as good as they can ;-)

Since I was 19 (I am 48 now) I have had ONE M&S bra that fitted me well. Even now their support is often lacking. The other chain stores? Forget it!

The strapless wonderbras are my best friend, they transformed me wardrobe love strapless now

The strapless wonderbras are my best friend, they transformed me wardrobe love strapless now

Mine too! I've got one in
black with lace and one white/skin colour with lace :) I love that they have built in hand like things that hold you in place lol! These bras are the only strapless ones I've ever been able to wear! 💜

Only place I can get nice bras is ann summers & Boux avenue.

I am 32F and most places start their F's at 34 or if they don't they are very mummy.

La senza measured me at a 32F told me they didn't make an F so put me in DD's & E's and said that will do for you, they look lovely - I said yes, all 4 boobs look great. I mean it's not like you need to look after your kahooners!
I would never buy there now if they did make my size.

Unfortunately if you have a small back and big tits manufacturers think you you must be taller so even on the shortest strap size the straps fall off ( except BA & AS)
I'm 5'2" maybe they should make a big boob but short size

Brastop.com I find good, you can get pretty underwear in bigger bra sizes!
I also found lasenza awful, they measured me all wrong!

Only place I can get nice bras is ann summers & Boux avenue.

I am 32F and most places start their F's at 34 or if they don't they are very mummy.

La senza measured me at a 32F told me they didn't make an F so put me in DD's & E's and said that will do for you, they look lovely - I said yes, all 4 boobs look great. I mean it's not like you need to look after your kahooners!
I would never buy there now if they did make my size.

Unfortunately if you have a small back and big tits manufacturers think you you must be taller so even on the shortest strap size the straps fall off ( except BA & AS)
I'm 5'2" maybe they should make a big boob but short size

Oo I agree with this! Love boux avenue as well. But Ann summers I find don't last very long x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back