Brave Day!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Zoo

Reaction score
OK who's going to start it off???? ME!!!!!!!!

:o I remembered how to make my pick small enough to upload :o

I am not at all happy with the nails but I did as was asked and came out of my comfort zone......big time!!!!!:eek: They are Brisa Gel and I have sculpted them on myself. I have never been shown how to sculpt with gel so it was a really big challenge.

I will not say what I know is wrong with them:lol: :lol: Carry on and have your say!!!:eek:

Lets get this Brave Day rolling!!!!PMSL!!!!

Attachments

• Brave Day 1.JPG
    Brave Day 1.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 153
Good Morning Nikki! How brave are you?? First of all brave to sculpt on yourself with gel (which is not an easy task) and second of all, to post it for critique.

I think you have done very well and with a difficult medium i.e. the White Sculpting gel. I can see one or 2 tiny bubbles which is easily sorted next time. I like the length. Shape I would personally make less wide at the corners of the smiles. Your smiles on one or two could be crisper but really these are by no means bad. Over all for stepping out of your comfort zone and having a go I would give you a few stars. :hug:

Well done nikki for starting lol
Boy this is hard giving critique when i know my own are not up to par!

From what i can see, the white tips are not consistant, maybe a little free edge showing where zone 1 & 2 meet?? (might be the light)
Im not a gel user so im a bit stumped (prob something obvious lol) other than that i think they look pretty good hun :hug:

The pic below is of my attempt but i have started my own thread...got a bit excited and started gate crashing nikki's...sorry !!

I am not an authority on gel and cannot add more than has been said except I know the challenges you faced. I think you deserve a treat - well done!:hug:

Thanks Geeg....it had to be you to comment first!!!!LOL!!!!! Thanks for the costructive critique it's much appreciated :hug:

Pips, I think your nails look really good....I am useless with the nail trainer:o

Chris thank you as well!!!

I did these a week ago....I have not worn enhancements for a good few weeks as I have been 'doing' the salon. I was going for my date with Robbie and thought I couldn't go without my nails!!! I wouldn't have felt dressed!!!! So I decided to have a go and I actually WORE them and they are still on!!!LOL!!!! Now thats BRAVE!!!:rolleyes:

Well done. Line of light is good. Your smiles could perhaps be a little crisper, but I like the shape. You should be well pleased to have done these on youself!

The pic below is of my attempt but i have started my own thread...got a bit excited and started gate crashing nikki's...sorry !!

Hey hun....you weren't gate crashing!!!! I wasn't sure if we were all posting in one thread or if we were all starting our own :hug:

Well done Nikki you have done well :hug: good.

great shot very clear, nails look lovely, whites look longer on last two nails than first two, and can see a few bubbles as has been said before, but very nice , very elegant looking nails, brave girl lol!!

i think they are both great !! my fisrt (ond only )gel sculpts were horrrid :lol: so you both deserve huge pats on the back for being brave !!

Well done for coming right out of your comfort zone and sculpting with Brisa Gel...its not an easy thing to do. A bit narrower at the sides of the free edge and they would have been brilliant:hug:

can't really add to what's already been said... Gigi is so right, gel is hard to do on yourself and even harder when sculpting as those forms can be a swine to apply one handed :wink2:

excellent job Nikki, well done for being brave :hug:

great job and lovely shape...dont know why you was so worried...xxx

well done Nikki - for being brave first and sculpting with gel xx

Well done for coming out of your comfort zone. I agree with what has been said about the smilelines but think they look pretty good overall. :hug:

Latest posts

Back