Brazilian blow dry correction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually use global keratin but whilst at salon international thought I would buy a trial size of L'kerabelle xtra ( 24 hour wash off one ) .... So tried tonight on a client who has thick hair / short bob tinted hair with few scattered bleach highlights ..... Well I turned the heat to 180 on the top and it still felt like it was singeing her hair! Point cut afterwards to remove some of the visibly frazzled ends .... To be fair was pretty scared lol it was nothin like the global which I've done on and had done my self on heavily highlighted hair ..... Will be interesting to see the result luckily for me client is having frankie cut in couple weeks so she's not concerned if the ends dry out so she is a good guinea pig but I was really Hoping this was going to improve her hair condition alot .... We will see ..... X

I usually use global keratin but whilst at salon international thought I would buy a trial size of L'kerabelle xtra ( 24 hour wash off one ) .... So tried tonight on a client who has thick hair / short bob tinted hair with few scattered bleach highlights ..... Well I turned the heat to 180 on the top and it still felt like it was singeing her hair! Point cut afterwards to remove some of the visibly frazzled ends .... To be fair was pretty scared lol it was nothin like the global which I've done on and had done my self on heavily highlighted hair ..... Will be interesting to see the result luckily for me client is having frankie cut in couple weeks so she's not concerned if the ends dry out so she is a good guinea pig but I was really Hoping this was going to improve her hair condition alot .... We will see ..... X

Ohh please update when it has been washed :D

Hi ours was exactly the same the hair felt like you were drying toffee into it and was snapping off I was so upset that I was crying after work ....and I do not cry! I have never felt anything like it, I told Alan Howard how unhappy I was with the keratin revolution and they just suggested I pay to go to a semina about it and gave me the bill for the product even though I argued that I woul not be able to use it on anyone else.

The message is do not use keratin revolution! Does anyone know of any that are good, we were using keratin complex and it was amazing but now not available because of the formaldehyde ?

Global keratin in brilliant!
My client is washing hair hair tomorrow but stated her hair is the dryist it's ever felt ;(
Fingers crossed and will keep u posted
I watched the models at l'kerabelle stand at salon.international and there hair did most Definatly not look like my clients did last night!

Hi ours was exactly the same the hair felt like you were drying toffee into it and was snapping off I was so upset that I was crying after work ....and I do not cry! I have never felt anything like it, I told Alan Howard how unhappy I was with the keratin revolution and they just suggested I pay to go to a semina about it and gave me the bill for the product even though I argued that I woul not be able to use it on anyone else.

The message is do not use keratin revolution! Does anyone know of any that are good, we were using keratin complex and it was amazing but now not available because of the formaldehyde ?

Thanks so much for confirming this product is a piece of S**T!!

It's washed and client says it feels like it's had a conditioning treatment on ,,,, not wow like clients who have global keratin one and it's dry on ends ..... Hmmmm not good for damaged hair it seems x

Im booked in for a la brasilliana bbd in December and my hair is bleached!!! What shud I do??

Im booked in for a la brasilliana bbd in December and my hair is bleached!!! What shud I do??

La brasiliana is not a very good one! Try global keratin and make sure they iron hair on a lower heat x

It's washed and client says it feels like it's had a conditioning treatment on ,,,, not wow like clients who have global keratin one and it's dry on ends ..... Hmmmm not good for damaged hair it seems x

Which product did you use?

Hey sorry to but in but came across this post, I use keratin revolution and to be honest have not had any problems other than teething issues on first use. Which to be honest was us overloading hair with product as apparently you are only ment to use 50 ml dab at root and comb down after I tried again I got the nack and now find the hair feels lovely after the service before I wash it for them. I must admit i haven't used this product on anyone with damaged hair but one thing comes to mind that these products are basically very concentrated conditioning treatments and I'm sure I was once told overloading weak hair with too much protein does the opposite and will dry and snap the hair. Just a thought x

Hi I have been using Lkerabelle extra for past year in the salon and home clients, im happy with it so are my clients who have had it several times now. No problems with condition feels dry whilst product is on (24hours) then fine had no complaints ( touch wood!). Always carful on dry/bleached hair will only go over lightly and only about 5 times a section. Also very safe which is important. Customer service is great over the phone and when I pick up as I live close to distributor.

Hi, so sorry to hear your stressful experience and thought I'd give you some input from a clients perspective and also ask for a bit of advice myself please if you don't mind? I've got fine, tinted hair with 2 week old bleach highlights and my hair is naturally quite frizzy, even though I really look after it. I had a l'oreal fiberceutic treatment (Botox for the hair) last week and although it looked lovely on the day, the following morning I was back to frizz. Thus I decided on a BBD. Had it done today and my hairdresser used amazon shine brand. It looks gorgeous, healthy, shiny, silky. However I was a bit concerned at the high heat she was straightening the product in at and also she went over each section at least 10 times which I was worried was excessive. My head is actually feeling quite sore now (from the heat?) and I'm wondering whether I should wash my hair tomorrow instead of leave it for 4 days. What do you think? Will that ruin it???
Really hope you get your problem sorted and just wanted you to see that it went into my bleached highlighted hair ok. Also how about recommending your client have the l'oreal fiberceutic treatment? to try and combat some of the damage as I was told it works even better on very damaged hair. Good luck and I hope someone can also advise me too ..,,, x

Had my last keratin treatment in june and now that its washing off i cant wait to have it done again. Quick update, my hair doesnt feel any worse then before (that was my main worry). Also i managed to get my heavily-highlighted and extremely fine and frizzy hair to grow past the usual chin length ( i could never grow it past that point as my hair was just breking off at the ends thus giving me a *chemical haircut fringe thingie* ( i always wear full head of extensions and resigned to the idea my real hair will never be long naturally, but im hoping to grow my *chemical fringe* out into some longish layers and having keratin treatment so far did wonders for me. My usually 'see through ' and frazzeled ends get sealed-like and kinda defined (i think its the best way to desribe keratin effects for my hair). And now i can definitely see it grow, whereas before the ends just disappeared and my *fringe* always remained one length.
As an afterthought ... The lady who does my keratin is brazillian (dont know ifit makes a difference lol), but she is knowledgeable re different brands out there also very aware of different types of hair (as they really have all sorts of hair in Brazil ). Anyway she believes there are different types 'strengths' of keartin solution - for coarse curly hair / afro hair/ damged bleached hair etc,
Which kind of makes sense... So perhaps its not only a straighteners/heat issue
But the strength of product as well... The stuff she uses on me is especially for damaged bleached hair..
Sorry for such a lengthy post, Just thought it may help in future research purposes

The Distributor for the north of England and Scotland had Keratin Complex (i used to work for them) they tryed various types to replace Keratin Complex and now distribute NanoKeratin System, its the closest but has to be left on for 4 days instead of 3 like keratin complex, I use nano and my clients have like the results just as much

I have fine, long, highlighted hair and my stylist uses amazon shine BBD on me and it works like a dream. Hth x

Do you guys find the product is more of a smoother rather than a straightener? Xx

Definitely ! It doesn't make hair poker-straight, but sort of *seals* and smoothes each hair so you don't have frizz split ends etc

Latest posts

Back