Brazilian blow dry help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lush9876

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me which product they have found to be the best for a Brazilian blow dry?? There seems to be so many different types and when doing research they all have mixed reviews. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx :) x

I have had Kerastraight twice now and makes my hair so much smoother and manageable

i use kerastraight in my salon, i have found my clients love the finished result.. but i haven't used any other keratin based straightening treatment.. i think global keratin is another strong contender.

As a client I have had the Coppola keratin smoothing system. Loving it.

Jacqui xx

hi i also recently researched loads about this, and narrowed it down to beox as a few geeks on here swear by it..but the outlay was huge and they dont do sample packs so felt uncomfortable spending so much without testing the product or even seeing if my clients would want it.
So i tried Global keratin..and its fab...and suprisingly doesnt smell AT ALL..i was prepared for fumes, possible stinging eyes for client as these were all effects i had read about during my research. you can also get it in a sample pack including a mini shampoo,conditioner,training dvd, application bowl and brush for £20...so ideal if like me you want to test your clients response before investing in the full kit. my clients love it to.. x

I researched the one I had as well (Coppola keratin smoothing complex), but out of curiousity did you look at this one and if yes why did you reject it?

I use Beox but unfortunately the suppliers have come across a stumbling block and have had to withdraw it from the market, absolutely gutted as it was the best I've used.

I researched the one I had as well (Coppola keratin smoothing complex), but out of curiousity did you look at this one and if yes why did you reject it?

hi the 3 day waiting time put me off for this one, and i also hadnt noticed it mentioned on here much..i just figured that theres loads to choose from and how long you leave it on your hair is a massive selling point for me..thats why i liked the sound of beox..only 24 hours. Global keratin's is 48 hours which i could live with, coupled with good reviews and the option to trial it in a sample pack..

I use global keratin it's fantastic and I've never had a complaint great results every time!
And like u say no smell or itchy eyes x formaldehyde free x

Iv got balmain hair extensions could I still have this treatment done? And can I still curl my hair?
Thanks hair geeks

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek
**Beckie**

Iv got balmain hair extensions could I still have this treatment done? And can I still curl my hair?
Thanks hair geeks

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek
**Beckie**

You could have it done when you next have them removed, but before they're rebonded.

Can anyone please tell me which product they have found to be the best for a Brazilian blow dry?? There seems to be so many different types and when doing research they all have mixed reviews. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx :) x

Sorry but would you mind telling me what a brazillian blow-dry is?? ;)

It's a keratin solution that is applied and blow dried and the sealed with straighteners into the hair, after 48 hours it is washed off leaving smooth, frizz free hair that is more manageable and cuts styling time in half, in other words a life saver lol xxx

Hi I have very long dyed hair and have had my hair done 3 times 1st was la brassellina? 2nd global keratin 3rd Nov Max. I only have an opinion as a customer not a hairdresser. The Nov Max was by far the best re results. I liked them all to be fair and found my hair much easier to do etc but I didn't get people complementing me until I had the Nov Max done. Obviously this is just my opinion and I don't know if your hair gets better the more times you have it done so the last one would then be the best. With the Nov Max the fumes were bad and I don't think I would want to be breathing this in all the time if I was a hairdresser. The other good thing was the Nov Max was washed out immediately which I loved. So strangely the one I would have again is the one I wouldn't use if I was a professional unless I had a mask and goggles which would probably scare the customers off! :eek:

I have been looking into this and really want to offer it to my customers but do i need training for this?
Its like chemically striaghtening and i have done that and perming.
Anyone got any advice?

Over the last 2 years we have tried Global Keratin the original version, very heavy to use but good for really curly hair, La brasiliana, lighter but not as strong, we changed to kerastraight as this was only 48hrs before washing and really had good feedback. We changed to a product called Eternity Liss because the hair could be washed straight away and the results are amazing, however quite fumey if you overload the product, now we have gone back to kerastraight new ks complex, no fumes and same day wash- plus fabulous marketing material and support.

The bbd for us has a repeat booking rate of at least 90% now.

I have looked into kerastraight but Unfortunatly they do not supply to freelance hairdressers! I put a post up the other day asking if anyone ha any experience with l'kerabelle but no replies so guessing not! Do love global bit just looking at cutting down on the 3 days of no hair washing as like you say that does put people off I'm finding apart from the ones who took the plunge and know how great the results are x

that was the problem for me too, my salon is in a health club and people snook into the gym, meaning they didnt get the best results.

I havent heard of kerabell so cannot comment really, the Eternity Liss we get from a salon in covent garden, by far the best product and the one for my hair, but is big commitment depending how many you do with all the 3 steps it around £400.

Over the last 2 years we have tried Global Keratin the original version, very heavy to use but good for really curly hair, La brasiliana, lighter but not as strong, we changed to kerastraight as this was only 48hrs before washing and really had good feedback. We changed to a product called Eternity Liss because the hair could be washed straight away and the results are amazing, however quite fumey if you overload the product, now we have gone back to kerastraight new ks complex, no fumes and same day wash- plus fabulous marketing material and support.

The bbd for us has a repeat booking rate of at least 90% now.

Hi do u have the supplier details?? Sounds just what I have been looking for in my salon x

Latest posts

Back