Brazilian waxers, how many sticks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
Hey all,

How many sticks do you use for a brazilian? I need something that allows the sticks to dispense as I need them because I never seem to have enough out. By this time, gloves are on and I'm all over their bits and not wanting to touch the sticks for more.Sometimes I am lucky enough to grab a few sticks that slant in my bowl without touching the others. What do you all do?

Thanks,

I just lay out a pile on a piece of couch roll beside my wax pot. I don't think I've ever counted how many I use, as many as I need.

Hello,

So then do you throw away what you don't use at the end of the service, due to touching them?

I think thats a bit health and saftey gone mad.
If this really concerns you take your gloves off get the spats and then put new gloves on. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I take mine straight from the container that I keep them in. I've never counted them but if you really want to, put about 20 spats out. Don't throw the others away; that's crazy.

Well I hate to have to throw anything away but I won't keep anything that has touched privates, so if that is going mad then I'm glad I am:wink2:

Well I hate to have to throw anything away but I won't keep anything that has touched privates, so if that is going mad then I'm glad I am:wink2:

Hold on! This is what you said 'So then do you throw away what you don't use at the end of the service, due to touching them?'. We were referring to not throwing away unused spatula's……….NOT used spatula's. Big difference.

I see you're in Canada so you best check out your local regulations as it may be different from here in the UK.

I can see what your thinking but I think your going a bit crazy with cross infection!

Also think about it like this ....

Imaging the end of the spatular you hold is blue and the end that goes in the wax in red, so when you've waxing you've grab the blue end, dip the red end into the wax... Are you with me so far??

So when your waxing with your gloves on your gloves touch the blue ends of the other spats when you go to get a new one... This is what your worried about, correct??

But when you go to wax your next lady you've got your gloves on and your going to grab the blue end of the spat that has already been touch by used gloves but you hold this end with gloves on!! So does it really matter?? The red end goes in the wax so the gloves are not touching the end of the spat that goes in the wax??

Does that make since??

I use loads of spatulas for a brazillain, I've never counted them, just use as many as I need. My spatulas are in a pot on my waxing trolley and I just take one when I need it. Obviously after one use each spatula is thrown away, but I would never throw away an unused spatula just because you have touched it, that would be way over the top, a total waste of money and materials, and is in no way proportionate to the risk of cross contamination.

Hey guys,

I didn't mean to get anyone heated about this, honestly just trying to get geniune answers to what you all do. No matter how careful I am I tend to touch sticks that I may not use, therefore contaminating sticks for the next client. I am not making myself clear I suppose, thanks anyways.
Local regulations shouldn't be different in Canada as they are in the UK when it comes to passing bodily fluids by sticks. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

I don't throw away unused spatulas. Maybe if you feel that strongly about not touching the others, then lay them out individually. Personally I don't have time for that, I work clean, my tools are disinfected after every client. I think if you work clean, you needn't worry about possibly touching a spatula you may not use. Or have a few little pots with 10-15 spats in each, so if you do decide to throw out unused, but touched spats you not throwing out loads.

I just re-read your last post. I'm not sure how your passing bodily fluids onto the other spatulas. I know brazilians are quite an intimate treatment, but maybe you need to get your clients to freshen up before you start if there's that much fluid around. lol

There are no visible fluids but we are in an intimate area, not sure I made myself clear, I'll bow out and leave this one alone, sorry.

I understand what you are saying about working in an intimate area just lay sticks out x
This it why it puts me off posting on here sometimes..... Hugs x

There are no visible fluids but we are in an intimate area, not sure I made myself clear, I'll bow out and leave this one alone, sorry.
Pretty sure everyone knows what you're trying to say. I thought AmeliaR's response made a lot of sense!

I was only teasing on my last post. Sorry, didn't mean to offend :)

Hey guys,

I didn't mean to get anyone heated about this, honestly just trying to get geniune answers to what you all do. No matter how careful I am I tend to touch sticks that I may not use, therefore contaminating sticks for the next client. I am not making myself clear I suppose, thanks anyways.
Local regulations shouldn't be different in Canada as they are in the UK when it comes to passing bodily fluids by sticks. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.
That's ok. I don't think any of us too offence, just discussing points of view. Sometimes the written word and all that. :hug:

I kinda see what's being asked, how I view it is if you're using 1 hand to stretch and 1 to wax with, use the waxing hand to get more spatulas as that wouldn't have touched the clients intimate areas. You could remove your glove, or e en use hand gel over your glove.

I've got my spatulas in a glass drinking glass (sounds odd i know!) but it's a quite rounded shape. When i go to get another spatula i take it from the edge so i don't really touch the other one. I also don't over-fill the glass with spatulas so they spread out more. Hope this helps you :)

Latest posts

Back