Bridal questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
After working in salons for many years I have recently gone mobile and having had 3 enquries the last week for bridal makeup which is really good! However I really dont know how much to charge for the makeup for the bride, maids, mother in law etc. I have googled mobile beauty therapist etc in my area and it looks like im the only one advertised. The makeup I use is a collection of MAC, benefit, YSL, Stila and some others I dont want to be too cheap but really lost as i cant really compare my prices with other therapists if there are none to compare with lol.
HELP!!!!

Hi I think you will find that what people charge will vary greatly as I did when i started doing bridal (2 years ago). I charge £40 for the bride including a trial, £25 for bridesmaids and mother of bride etc without a trial and a further £10 if they want a trial. Also for little bridesmaids I just usually put a little gloss on their lips free of charge. If the booking is a large one say 5 or more adults then i sometimes offer a discount hth

I think that sounds a bargain. When I got married 5 years ago I got friend of my hairdresser to do my make up and paid £50, with a trial. I was perfectly capable of doing it myself but I wanted to be treated like a princess for the day. She was very good, but not qualified at all. I think when it comes to weddings people will pay a bit more, and it sounds as though your make up is a good well known range which will appeal too.
x Wendy

we charge 45 for the bride (includes trial) and 40 for the bridesmaid/mother of bride etc (includes trial) and 25 if they are not having a trial.

We dont charge for little ones if they are just having a bit of lipgloss etc.

we also say that one bridesmaid is free if there are more than 6 people to make up .

we also charge a call out charge if we have to close the salon and so if it is more than 3 miles from the salon, a charge is applied.

tigi

Thankyou for the advice ladies, I decided on £35.00 for bridal make up and trial and £20.00 for other make up such as bridesmaids, mother of bride.

Hiya yeah as someone else mentioned when i first researched prices they vary everywhere, you will find you can charge more, the more experience you have. I charge 25.00 for trials, 35.00 for bridesmaids/mothers of groom/bride. and 45.00 for bride. and i require a deposit on the trial for the day makeup if they decide to go with me, to ensure i wont loose out if the client cancels nearer the time. :)

Beware of undervalue! You are offering a skilled service. The photographers will be charging hundreds and hundreds of pounds but your make-up will be the key to those photographs.

Professional service deserves a professional price!

wish some of you ladies were closer to me! Some of the prices i've seen are very expensive in my opinion, £50 trial, £150 on the day for example, lots are higher then that too! (though some are a little lower!).
What i dont understand is how they charge half the price for a wedding guest or bridesmaid as they do for bride? How much difference in the make up can there really be!? I will be doing my own bridal make up as a result!

Perhaps look on a bridal forum and ask how much people in your area are paying for theirs? xx

Well said Artdeco Couture. I couldn't agree more.Why should the make up be the part that people scrimp on. The bride also spends a fortune usually on her dress and she isn't going to want the make up to let her down. I think if you come across as being too cheap it gives the wrong impression. That said no way would I pay £150, but I think £50-£60 is perfectly reasonable.
x

Latest posts

Back