Bright red hair extensions! - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
So I have lined up a couple of models for hair extensions and I get a message today from one of them saying that she wanted to know if I could get red hair extensions as she was dying her hair bright red!
I have narrowed down a couple suppliers but even if they do bright red hair, then there is problaby little chance that it will match exactly to her coloured hair. What do you do in these situations? I dont know if she is box dying it or professionally. Wouldnt they fade at different rates even if i could get a good colour match?

Also when people ask you who you use to supply your hair do you tell them? If you tell them then surely they can work out how much you are charging for fitting? As it happens on these models I am only charging for the hair.

So I have lined up a couple of models for hair extensions and I get a message today from one of them saying that she wanted to know if I could get red hair extensions as she was dying her hair bright red!
I have narrowed down a couple suppliers but even if they do bright red hair, then there is problaby little chance that it will match exactly to her coloured hair. What do you do in these situations? I dont know if she is box dying it or professionally. Wouldnt they fade at different rates even if i could get a good colour match?

Also when people ask you who you use to supply your hair do you tell them? If you tell them then surely they can work out how much you are charging for fitting? As it happens on these models I am only charging for the hair.

I would never fit bright red as the clients hair will fade and the extensions won't! So its best to either fit extensions to the clients base colour and advise she have the, professionally coloured at the same time as her hair (or if your a hairdresser dye them yourself - this is what I do) then I fit them. If your in doubt and uncomfortable fitting them then just don't use her as a model and refund her as you've not ordered yet. Guess you need to Decide what route your going down as an extensionist. It's hard not to offer the extra services like dying extensions especially with reds being a popular colour.

Never disclose your hair supplier. They will know how much you are adding onto the cost of the hair that way. Although, it won't take long before they realise these sites online but its good they don't know which brand of hair you use.

I had the same with a girl who was dying her hair purple. But she turned out to be a time waster anyway, be cautious with this one x

Never disclose your hair supplier. They will know how much you are adding onto the cost of the hair that way. Although, it won't take long before they realise these sites online but its good they don't know which brand of hair you use.

I had the same with a girl who was dying her hair purple. But she turned out to be a time waster anyway, be cautious with this one x

so how do you tactfully avoid deflect the question when they ask you outright who is your supplier? - ps how is the hair trials going? Im really liking volumize but i would really like 2 suppliers - one who does 0.8-1g bonds and one who does smaller 0.5-0.6g bonds for people with fine hair.

I would never fit bright red as the clients hair will fade and the extensions won't! So its best to either fit extensions to the clients base colour and advise she have the, professionally coloured at the same time as her hair (or if your a hairdresser dye them yourself - this is what I do) then I fit them. If your in doubt and uncomfortable fitting them then just don't use her as a model and refund her as you've not ordered yet. Guess you need to Decide what route your going down as an extensionist. It's hard not to offer the extra services like dying extensions especially with reds being a popular colour.

Im not a hairdresser but I am hoping to start my level 2 in September. I did think that the hair would fade at different rates. I wouldnt try colouring them myself as I definitley feel that this should only be done by a professional. I even dont like box dyes as I know how much damage they can cause.
Thanks for the advice *hugs*

In the past when people have asked me where I get hair from I always say"I purchase from several professional places" that way it's not rude but being firm about professionals and as said before you can purchase bright red but Itl fade fast on clients own hair I normally talk them into more just having red highlights through the extensions, hair rebellion have red hair think there 16 inch are on sale x

When it comes to red extensions its quite rare to get them perfect matching shade AND maintain it at the same pace. My own are fire red and it's quite a balancing act to get them to stay the same shade. But I know what works for me.

Latest posts

Back