Bringing products back from the USA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we were in Florida in October and i brought 24 bottles of OPI back in different colours for my own use they were $2.75 i was like a woman possest with them. It was fantastic to see the nail bar's over there places with about 100 chairs doing nails i was totally gob smacked

Hi All,
OK here goes . I might get slammed for saying this but what the hell!!.I have to disagree that the prices in the UK are higher than the states . Not on all products there not !!!

I am the Sole UK distributor for Light Elegance Gels.

Light Elegance is manufactured in the USA and we, obviously import it BUT our prices in the Uk for Light Elegance are about the same and in the case of the larger sizes CHEAPER than in the states .Our prices were set to enable us to make a profit but also be a fair price to LE users here

The only item we do not purcahse now from the USA is our cleanser as so many of you have said it is a flammable product and the shipping costs are WAY too high . This we purchase and mix in the Uk .

Kind Regards
Karen
Light Elegance UK

perfect10kb said:
Hi All,
OK here goes . I might get slammed for saying this but what the hell!!.I have to disagree that the prices in the UK are higher than the states . Not on all products there not !!!

I am the Sole UK distributor for Light Elegance Gels.

Light Elegance is manufactured in the USA and we, obviously import it BUT our prices in the Uk for Light Elegance are about the same and in the case of the larger sizes CHEAPER than in the states .Our prices were set to enable us to make a profit but also be a fair price to LE users here

The only item we do not purcahse now from the USA is our cleanser as so many of you have said it is a flammable product and the shipping costs are WAY too high . This we purchase and mix in the Uk .

Kind Regards
Karen
Light Elegance UK

Why should you get slammed??? If it is the truth, then all I can say is that Light elegance must give you one hell of a discount on your products!! :lol: Lucky you! :lol: However, the facts are that for most companies this is not the truth. Your nail technicians should then be doing al their services at US prices or are they in fact doing what we have been accused of doing and being a bit on the greedy side?

Almost everything we carry from our supplier is flammable. Enmels, prep soluions, monomer, removers, hand sanitiser, nail sanitiser, etc. We carry almost 250 SKUs and perhaps Light Elegance does not have all those supporting lines.

Hi Again,

I do not know what the techs charge who use our products . That is for them to decide .

I do know though (and I am not just refering to our products ) that different prices are charged by techs in different parts of the country.

For example you may get a tech in Scotland using X product that charges £25 a set and another tech in London using the same X product will charge £40 a set .

This does not mean that the tech in London is being greedy rather that their prices are set according to the market. I am sure that when most techs set their prices what they look at is the competition around them and will price accordingly.

Kind Regards
Karen
Light Elegance UK

Oh and yes we do carry all the supporting lines . Removers,nail enamels,files prep ect ect . But these are not purchased from the states but from Switzerland .
Karen x

just to add a small point.
the main reason that a london tech will charge more than some further up the country is the excessive cost of rent, rates, & london wages.
which means that most techs, if they have priced correctly to their complete overhead cost, will b earning very much the same amount of profit.
liza xx

Yes I agree with what you say Liza in the case of salons

However the same pricing structure seems to apply to mobile and home based techs where the overheads are going to be the same

As a small point of interest I read (I think is was in Nail Pro Europe) a survey that what done asking where nail techs worked from and something like (can't remember exact % so don't quote me !!!!) 60% were home based.

Karen xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back