Brisa And Cracked Ice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hi

First of all I have two questions.

My delivery of cracked Ice has just arrived and I was wondering if

a) Can I apply the ice on top of my last layer of gel before applying finishing gloss? Would the fishing gloss be strong enough to hold in the ice?

b) Is it ok to leave the last layer of pink tacky so the ice will stick? By this I maen I would usually wipe with scrub fresh, file and then apply finishing gloss.

Thanks

Em

Come on peeps, go someone booked in at 6 and i am dying to try it

xxx

Sorry Emma, can't help anymore than this, as I'm frustratedly waiting for my delivery to arrive also! (When did you order yours...was it from NSI? I want mine now!:eek: )

However, in this momths Scratch (which inspired me to buy it) it appears to have the cracked iced being set into wet gel, the cured, then another layer of gel applied, wiped buffed and a sealing gloss applied.

I'l have a play when I get mine, but for now thats all I know!

Hi

First of all I have two questions.

My delivery of cracked Ice has just arrived and I was wondering if

a) Can I apply the ice on top of my last layer of gel before applying finishing gloss? Would the fishing gloss be strong enough to hold in the ice?

b) Is it ok to leave the last layer of pink tacky so the ice will stick? By this I maen I would usually wipe with scrub fresh, file and then apply finishing gloss.

Thanks

Em

never used cracked ice but i assume your doing cracked ice smiles?? (am i wrong !)

- Get your gel applied and apex all built up
- then file / buff to shape
- then apply a clear or white gel smile cure
- then cracked ice over the smile then cure
- clear just over the cracked ice and make sure no RIDGE, take the gel back towards the apex if there is
- then gloss

done - lets have a pic then lovely !!

amb x

Hi

I got mine off Ebay, that place in Hong Kong. It took exactly a week to come so I was happy with that.
The reason I wanted to only put the finishing gloss on was so I could buff it out easier if they wanted to change their nails on their next appointment.

xx

Come on peeps, go someone booked in at 6 and i am dying to try it

xxx

Not used this hun, but my advice would be never to try something out on a client until you have fully road tested it on yourself.

ok ok i'll help ... i love this stuff and wear it often on my own gel nails

i tend to sculpt and this is how i do them ....

- apply sculpting form (or clear tip) and apply thin layer of clear gel on sculpting form (tip) and cure
-then place your cracked ice (or anything for that matter, glitter etc) onto the cured sticky gel
- build and complete the nail with clear gel cure
- wipe inhibition / sticky layer - buff to smooth and refine shape
- finishing gloss cure

if you put the cracked ice on just before finishing gloss you may not get the smooth finish you want if you cant lay completely flat !

goodluck and enjoy ....

sorry for the rush - gotta go

kxx

if they want to change their nails / ends of nails at next apt - you could do it this way or .... you could clip the nails at the free edge / smile - reshape the nail bed to a nice smile and then sculpt a new end / tip with whatever they fancy butted upto nail bed ! obviously little more difficult if Natural Nail Overlay !

kx

Hi

I got mine off Ebay, that place in Hong Kong. It took exactly a week to come so I was happy with that.
The reason I wanted to only put the finishing gloss on was so I could buff it out easier if they wanted to change their nails on their next appointment.

xx

HI,
I hope this link will help/work.
Its for the NSI on the nail magazine on page 19 there is a demo on to create cracked ice nails. Yes its using NSI balance gel but the theory will help you with your brisa application.
www.nsinails.co.uk/media/nsi_on_the_nail_winter06.pdf

That link is coming up blank for me Jo? Or is it just me?

Thanks for you advise, I will follow it carefully tonight.

I allways try new things on my clients, they love it and I never charge them extra when I am having a play. Some get as excited about new stuff as me! Cant wait.
Once they have had it once and like it, that's when I add on my bit extra. This way they are getting a treat, Im getting practice and everyone is happy.

xx

can you use cracked ice with L&p or just gel, i think it looks gorgeous?

xxx

link doesnt work for me jo:Scared:
it didn't work for me either, however, if you go to the nsi homepage you can see a link for step-by-steps.

I copied and pasted this from their 'Bling Bling' step-by-step...
1. Apply the nail tip of your choice, prepare then apply Balance Bond Primer over the entire nail (including the tip).
2. Apply a thin layer of Balance Builder Clear/Blush over the entire nail surface and press in Hologram Shapes, Diamond Glitter, and Sliced Glitter to create the desired effect. Cure in a UV Lamp for 90 seconds.
3. Apply another layer of Balance Builder Clear/Blush over the entire design taking care to build to a slight thickness at the stress area. Cure for 90 seconds.
4. Wipe the nail with NSI Cleanse, then smooth and shape with a Black 180/240gt file. Dust the nail thoroughly.
5. Apply the Glaze 'n Go over the entire nail and cure for 90 seconds.
hth's

you can use it with l&p too hun yes

best way i have found is to mix the cracked ice with clear powder, then pick up a bead as you would normally from the mixed pot and apply - usually to zone 1, apply other zones with whatever powder you would normally use

refine and finish as normal

kx

can you use cracked ice with L&p or just gel, i think it looks gorgeous?

xxx

Thank you, i can feel a purchase coming on!

xx

Strange that the link doesn't work?!?!
Here is the step by step
1)Apply one coat of balance one step clear or blush gel to the entire surface. A thin coat of balance builder clear or blush can be substituted for the one step gels.
2)Pick up the cracked ice glitter flakes with the tip of your brush. Begin to postion the cracked ice on the nail.
3)Cure in the NSI Ultra Pro Full hand lamp for 90 seconds. Apply balance builder clear or blush as a second layer of gel to sandwich the design. cure for another 90 seconds.
4)After removing the tacky dispersion layer with NSI cleans, shape and buff the nail.
5)Apply NSI Glaze 'n' go for a permanent high gloss shine over the entire nail surface. Cure for 90 seconds. No dispersion layer to remove.

Hope this helps
:D

Latest posts

Back