Brisa and Onycholisis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
I use Creative Ret+ L+P and Brisa, and I've noticed Onycholisis on 2 of my Brisa clients..... They were both existing Ret+ clients who decided to try Brisa - no problems beforehand. I did a full set of tip and overlay on both using a pink bonder layer, POW, clear to build and finishing gloss - looked good.

At the rebalance both had no lifting or breaking but both had pronounced onycholisis on some fingers, and with the clarity of Brisa it was really obvious. I've gone back to l+p on them now and the separation is improving, but why would this happen??

Is it the Brisa? Something I'm doing? Can anyone shed any light?

Thanx,

how odd ! i would be interested to hear the responses on this!

I've never had it happen to anyone using brisa, i did have it randomly appear on somone who has bio but she had an underlying illness.

Foxed Vetty sorry i cant help !

Amb xx

Anyone got any ideas on this??

Are your clients perhaps wearing their nails longer with Brisa?

If it is indeed onycholysis...

It could be from a tip slightly undersized (or incorrect c curve match - were they velocity?) combine that with the higher shrink ratio of gel and it could have put enough force on the nail plate to cause seperation.

Pocket lifting would have been my first guess in all honesty. It's easy to mistake it... IMO

I tend to think along the same lines as envy on this one, I`ve never had any problems with Brisa clients and I`ve been using it since the launch.

Envy said:
If it is indeed onycholysis...

It could be from a tip slightly undersized (or incorrect c curve match - were they velocity?) combine that with the higher shrink ratio of gel and it could have put enough force on the nail plate to cause seperation.

Pocket lifting would have been my first guess in all honesty. It's easy to mistake it... IMO
I thought the shinkage of Brisa was pretty much the same as Creative L&P??

Is it possible that you could be overfiling on the gel. It's softer to file than L&P so maybe your still filing as if it was L&P????

Is it possible this could be the gel lifting at the free edge, rather than onychylosis? This happens more with gel than l&p.
HTH
Julie

Latest posts

Back