Brisa Gel nails - advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papillonbeauty

Reaction score
hey everyone,
i'm pretty new to salon geek:eek:, but finding it so helpful! was wondering if any of you could give me some much needed advice on Brisa Gel nails by CND

I recently bought all the kit to do Shellac, including the UV lamp, scrub fresh, d-solve, d-perse etc, and although this has had some interest i'm now looking at doing the Brisa Gels, could someone explain the difference so i'm not being dumb.. am i correct in thinking they are extendable?? do you need to have a nail tech qualification to do this? I am level 2 trained in manicure but nothing else, do you use an electric drill or anything like that? does the gel set under same UV lamp? how do you build up the nail?? many thanks and sorry for all the questions! i looked into Bio sculpture but the course near me costs over £700 and i can't afford that!

You wont be able to use or purchase Brisa gel if you have not got a qualification hun im afraid.
You will need to book yourself onto a course to learn all the health and safety aspects and correct procedures of applying and using Brisa.
Give sweet squared a ring on 08452106060 or www.sweetsquared.com they will be able to give you the relevant information regarding courses and training.
As for the difference Brisa is a hard buff off gel used for strength and creating length on nails.
Shellac is a hybrid polish which while it contains polymers like Brisa it also contains solvents making it a step up in strength from polish but not as strong as a hard gel.
The application of Brisa is also completly different to that of Shellac.
Hth's
Jen xxx

Hi Paplion I was wondering how you got on with the gel nails, did you get on a course?? I have the same questions as you did back in April? It would be good to know how your getting on?
Thanks SS

SmillieShellac I am the same as you! I was also wondering how Paplion was getting on as I was also thinking about adding in Brisa Gel. I love Shellac but some of my clients do have bendy, thin peeling nails and have thought that a hard gel would be better with Shellac over the top. I will do some research and find out costs as I'm just off to do my eyelash extensions course with lash perfect tomorrow! Not sure I currently have enough budget but have so many cnd products due to doing Shellac!

the brisa gel course is about £900 + vat. unless you have already done a course in gel through someone else and then you have to pay to do the conversion course which is about £209 + vat. there is no point in doing someone gel enhancements and then placing shellac over the top this would be too costly. if you did gel enhancements you can paint them with normal polish just as you would acrylics. other wise you are going to have to charge the client for the enhancements + the shellac

stephanie x

SmillieShellac I am the same as you! I was also wondering how Paplion was getting on as I was also thinking about adding in Brisa Gel. I love Shellac but some of my clients do have bendy, thin peeling nails and have thought that a hard gel would be better with Shellac over the top. I will do some research and find out costs as I'm just off to do my eyelash extensions course with lash perfect tomorrow! Not sure I currently have enough budget but have so many cnd products due to doing Shellac!

To get the correct information on the price of CND courses and what they include in that price plus the options that would suit your own personal circumstances, please call and talk to Debbie (education manager) or one of the Sweet girls who will be glad to discuss and to send you information. For Debbie ring 01132173801 or for other helpers ring 08452106060

Thanks Minnie844 and geeg! I trained in acrylics and gel at college and nails enhancements years ago! Level 2 and 3 NVQ I don't think I need to fully train surely conversion course is enough with CND?
Minnie844- I was going to continue to use Shellac as I have way more colour choice than just normal varnish (And some clients love Shellac I only wish it was more long lasting!) A lot of my clients are hard on their nails!!1) and I do realise it will be more costly! But surely it will be helpful that it is instantly dry.
Sorry I'm a bit vague it was back in 2000-2002 I was doing all the gels etc... You forget little bits but comes back quickly I've found!
I think I will contact Sweetsquared for some more clarity on the matter!
I have found Salongeek so so helpful though!

Latest posts

Back