Brisa gel problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grace

Reaction score
Hi every one, its been a while since i last visited, had a lot to do.
I bought the brisa gel kit last year just after the launch but since then on the occasions I have tried it, i have had no joy, I have watched the video inside out and followed step by step, i have also followed the advice of others with there methods but still no joy, they look great when i do them and then within a matter of days they just peal away and come off. I had 3 clients all say the same so I tired it on myself and the same thing happened.

I can not understand it as I have used Faze gel for ages and just loved it got on really well but then got told Brsia was better and now my clients have lost faith in gel. I also noticed that Ez flow have brought out a new gel does any one know what this is like?

I am stuck now not knowing what to do about my brisa kit, keep at it and try and try again or just sell up and try something else.

Help geeks please.
regards
Liz x

Hi

I have been wearing brisa for a while now and although its not without its faults peeling is not one i have found.

1) do you use scrub fresh ?
2) do you scrub in your first layer of gel?
3) do you use the brisa lamp?

i have used it for a while now and i am an experienced gel user so i have found some faults with it, but there are ways around them. All products have their faults its just a matter of sussing them out and allowing for them IMO

I know from other techs that there were a few problem batches at first maybe your gel is faulty?

Hi Liz,

Just a thought but before you give up on Brisa totaly, which incidentaly I think is fab why don't you go on one of the new classes in Brisa such as the Skillbuilding Application??

Sarah

Hi thanks for the advice, yes it may be an idea to go and get more training from those who know best and in answer to the other question yes yes and yes. I have followed procedure to the tee. I always scrub fresh and do all the little fiddly things as i call them.

Maybe i need to try and try again then.

Thanks again for the help.
Liz x

Hey Grace. Peeling is a sign that it didnt stick at all.
Is this happening on a large protion of your clients? If so, then I would bank on PREP (check the tutorial on PREP as that is applicable).

HTH's

Hi ya Hun,
Also adding to Angels great advise and yes Sarwaa is right, did you do the Brisa conversion course........... it's fab, I have used Gel for 10 years+ and found the Brisa class showed me how to get the best from this new Gel....

When you have done your prep and removed the shine with a 240 grit Koala, remove any dust with the fab little white brush. Make sure you use the little bottle of brush on bonder..this is a must!!!!.... this will make the gel adhere to the nail plate.......Use this on 2 nails at a time, because it has a working-time limit....so bond 2 nails, then use a small amount of sculpting gel to base the 2 nails, dont just paint the first layer on, work it into the nail,apply some light pressure to the brush, so the gel is pushed into the keratin, apply to 2 more nails the same way, then cure the 4 fingers you have worked on....then work the same way on the other hand and then lastly the thumbs........ with L&P you press firmly, with Brisa you use the same principle, I scrub mine into the nail......so it has just a minimal coating but maximum grip, then proceed with the rest of the service as advised............Also make sure you cap the free edge, so when the gel shrinks it grips the edge of the nail and clamps itself tighly around the free edge..........

Give it a try, I have been using Brisa since the lauch last year and have had no problems so far.....appart from the flickering Brisa Gel lamp and that has been sorted as they send me a new one immediatly......I have used Faze and much prefere this one..............

I must admit, I have never had a problem with peeling.

Follow Ruth's advice and maybe dig your step by step book out again and follow it to the 'T'.

The only problem that I have had is when people bash them about, thay seem to be a little weaker than L&P. Other than that it was when a client used Cillit Bang to clean with and didn't use gloves. "BANG....and the nails are gone!"

Just a thought but did you buy your kit at the show as there were a few faulty lamps..... might be worth investigating to see if your lamp is the problem?

Latest posts

Back