Broken capillaries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAILZTONES

Reaction score
Hi geeks, just wondered if you can give me some advice as I know nothing about broken capillaries. I have some on my cheeks, they are not too bad right now, but think they could get a lot worse the older I get (I'm 39). I do remember as a kid, my poor old nan having them quite severe and I'm a little concerned that mine may get a lot worse. My mother doesn't have any at all, but I take after my fathers side of the family.

Due to the broken capilliaries I have to wear Estee Lauder Double wear foundation as I can't really find a foundation that will give good enough coverage to hide these other than that and sometimes I want to wear a lighter weight foundation. During the summer they are not too bad and can get away with a tinted moisturiser, but during winter, they look terrible.

My question is, Is the answer to this only Laser surgery, or can anyone recommend any creams that may help. Aslo if laser is the only solution, should I be doing something sooner rather than later.

Really appreciate any feedback. Thank you. :)
Haylz

Arnica cream has shown some good results.

I have them to around my nose and one of clients reccommended this cream to me,

Skin Doctors — Capillary Clear

I haven't bought any yet but she swears by it, she is quite a new client so I didn't see how bad the capillaries were before she came to me but she said she has been using it for 6 months and it has made a huge difference.

Hi I think it would be worth starting a regime to prevent against them becoming worse in the future. As you mention genetics are a factor and of course the natural ageing process - our skin becomes thinner over time making us more susceptable to these conditions. Laser/IPL correction may certainly be an option as is advanced electrolysis and sclerotherapy. Check out your options with an a registered and experienced consultant.

Use of professional AHA's are proven to thicken the epidermis and dermis over time - this will also need a consultation with a skin therapist to assess suitability. Protect all year round with sunblock. Be especially careful when there are extremes of temperature - cold/hot weather , spicy foods, alcohol and wind - always wear a scarf across your face. I had one client that had bad red veins caused by going out in really windy weather. Some supplements are also worth looking into that strengthen capillary walls. HTH

the best natural aid is horse chestnut as this helps to strengthen the capilliary wall. I have had really good results both with myself and clients when using this. Try www.katherinejackson.co.uk she is a first class therapist and incorporates chinese medicine in her treatments she also produces her own products so she can probably help you will probably find she is less expensive than a lot of larger companies. Good luck

Thank you everyone for your advice and taking time to reply. I will look into all your suggestions.

I have treated many clients for red veins with the advanced electrolysis methord(diathermy).I have found this very effective over the years and it is a fraction of the cost of laser treatment.Also the skincare company Guinot retail a cream to help reduce redness and strengthen capillery walls,its called Anti Rougeur Creme.
As was said earlier wear a sun block all year round and be aware that drinking excessive alcohol and coffee,smoking,excessive temperature(very cold weather,sunbathing and sunbed) can all aggrevate the problem.

Latest posts

Back