Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread has gone far enough personally ....does it do any good to slate a business, a company or a person? No it doesn't....things happen, that is life...as I stated before in this thread the one unfortunate part of this lamp issue is that shellac is so popular and for lots of us the main part of our business....months ago there were threads about other companies like bio sculpture and their new led lamp and the problems that came with it, there were threads on here and elsewhere of techs having problems with opi gel colour and wanting to sell their kits as I am sure there were also about other companies for which I cannot remember all.....my point is ALL companies especially in our industry I would say have had problems at some stage it just depends how big or small the company or how popular the product to what extent the threads get to but we as technicians work through the problems we face not against them!!

At the end of the day our businesses are our own and we make the decisions FOR our business on our own, yes maybe we are influenced but we still make the final call...for me as shellac is what I do the majority of all day I decided to invest in a second lamp and have been contemplating a third just to make sure...do I have back ups of everything I do?? No I don't but that is because I rarely do a. Spray tan so would be pointless having more than one machine...I do lots of pedicures so yes I have more than one pedi spa, I have more than one glue, more than one box of tips...pretty much more than one of everything I do quite a lot of. At the same time at the moment I am working on my own in my salon so do t always get to respond to my answering machine on time, don't always get to update my Facebook page or my website as my day to day business takes over....the point I'm making is that sweet squared and associates have responded to this thread more than once already but are busy working towards rectifying the situation and stop it escalating than responding daily to this thread......shellac and CNd are worth investing in as are sweet squared and I find it very unfair to say that they don't care. The dealings I have had with sweet squared and the sweets in particular tell me as a consumer that they do care, yes that is my opinion on its own but it is an honest one. I do not work for CNd or sweet squared, I am not affiliated in any way I just believe in their products and there principles.

Have you never given someone or something a break??

Totally agree Souz, these things happen although frustrating I'm sure people are trying there hardest to get it sorted.
That's life! Things happens!! Xx

Last edited:
fuel to the fire .....?shhhush...!!!!cnd sisters though and through right...?
maybe this thread should be deleted altogether
i bet when all the lamps arrive everyone will be sorted and be happy and i bet at the show there will be loads may even be on offer ?? then we can get back to seeing your designs and ideas and above all everyone having fun again ( i know some of you cant show them of untill you get your lamp just a joke..!!:biggrin: )
but yes
negativity does get you know where and breeds it you can see it in this thread it really is not nice

Clearly there is a problem with these lamps and it's bad customer service if nobody from cnd bothers to reply.

Even Geeg has been suspiciously quiet.

Surrey Girl through and through x

Geeg has already commented on this thread, she gave an indepth explanation of what she knows of the situation.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just seen a CND status update on FB saying that the cofounder, Jan Arnold, will be taking over the page to 'chat with you'...

Maybe, the geeks who are seeking answers could enquire direct to CND?! There might be a better answer or, at least some kind of time frame for the lamps, if lots of people ask at once on a more public platform?

Saves S2 getting the bashing for something that isn't their fault and is more likely to get some sort of answer as this thread clearly isn't working?!

Also, I don't know how much of this has already been discussed but there is a post on the page from someone asking if they're 'still planning to launch an LED lamp to cure Shellac in 2014' to which they've replied 'LED is our future, stay tuned!'.

Like I say, this may have already been discussed elsewhere but I thought I'd mention it too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I think this thread has gone far enough personally ....does it do any good to slate a business, a company or a person? No it doesn't....things happen, that is life...as I stated before in this thread the one unfortunate part of this lamp issue is that shellac is so popular and for lots of us the main part of our business....months ago there were threads about other companies like bio sculpture and their new led lamp and the problems that came with it, there were threads on here and elsewhere of techs having problems with opi gel colour and wanting to sell their kits as I am sure there were also about other companies for which I cannot remember all.....my point is ALL companies especially in our industry I would say have had problems at some stage it just depends how big or small the company or how popular the product to what extent the threads get to but we as technicians work through the problems we face not against them!!

At the end of the day our businesses are our own and we make the decisions FOR our business on our own, yes maybe we are influenced but we still make the final call...for me as shellac is what I do the majority of all day I decided to invest in a second lamp and have been contemplating a third just to make sure...do I have back ups of everything I do?? No I don't but that is because I rarely do a. Spray tan so would be pointless having more than one machine...I do lots of pedicures so yes I have more than one pedi spa, I have more than one glue, more than one box of tips...pretty much more than one of everything I do quite a lot of. At the same time at the moment I am working on my own in my salon so do t always get to respond to my answering machine on time, don't always get to update my Facebook page or my website as my day to day business takes over....the point I'm making is that sweet squared and associates have responded to this thread more than once already but are busy working towards rectifying the situation and stop it escalating than responding daily to this thread......shellac and CNd are worth investing in as are sweet squared and I find it very unfair to say that they don't care. The dealings I have had with sweet squared and the sweets in particular tell me as a consumer that they do care, yes that is my opinion on its own but it is an honest one. I do not work for CNd or sweet squared, I am not affiliated in any way I just believe in their products and there principles.

Have you never given someone or something a break??

Totally agree Souz xx

Last night I posted a question with regards to the UV lamp issue on the CND- creative nail design Facebook page. I wanted CND to respond to my problem & answer some questions. Guess what, ive just checked & my post has been removed!!!! Interesting, very interesting!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Conspiracy!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

People who love and support CND/Shellac/SW2 have to realise that some people are facing real difficulty just now due to these lamps. Especially the ones whose work lamp and standby lamp has gone kaput. This is a chat and help site, a place to vent for some people, especially when people are going through similar problems. Occasionally companies that people are devoted to will come in for flak, often rightly so and sometimes not. In this case, with these amounts of problem lamps I think people have every right to have a good moan. I'm sure if someone comes along and tells them the name of the Chinese factory that makes them they too would come in for the same flak but the people on here are dealing with SS2 therefore they are the focus for peoples ire. If all is fabulous with you and your lamps, if SS2 has only ever been wonderful for you (I've bought from them once with no problem.) on many occassions, if your business is fine and dandy due to working lamps then this page may not be for you.
Venting at a company is not a direct attack on anyone on here, just on the company. I will never ever fly Ryan Air, I abhor the company, doesn't mean if I meet a steward or pilot from the company I'll hate them. It's the high heid yins (sic) who I reserve my hatred for, not the girls on the desk, the phone, etc. Same in this situation, people aren't disliking certain individuals who work for SS2 they are disliking the 'corporate', the situation and the lack of clear and concise help and advice.

Last night I posted a question with regards to the UV lamp issue on the CND- creative nail design Facebook page. I wanted CND to respond to my problem & answer some questions. Guess what, ive just checked & my post has been removed!!!! Interesting, very interesting!!!!

Probably why this post has swiftly been moved to @chitchat instead of it's original home in @nailgeek!

Probably why this post has swiftly been moved to @chitchat instead of it's original home in @nailgeek!

What is going on??? Im really quite annoyed about this situation, and the fact it seems to be being discreetly hidden away is making me MORE cross!!! This is my business & income for my family. Its not a small problem its a huge problem!!! Those out there who seem to think its not that bad, I bet if it was them & there business they wouldnt be so quick to dismiss it!!! :banghead::mad:

This thread was not swiftly moved to Chit Chat ... it was moved yesterday actually, following the merging of several threads and the topic relating relating to equipment as opposed to product.

What is going on??? Im really quite annoyed about this situation, and the fact it seems to be being discreetly hidden away is making me MORE cross!!! This is my business & income for my family. Its not a small problem its a huge problem!!! Those out there who seem to think its not that bad, I bet if it was them & there business they wouldnt be so quick to dismiss it!!! :banghead::mad:

Agreed!

This thread was not swiftly moved to Chit Chat ... it was moved yesterday actually, following the merging of several threads and the topic relating relating to equipment as opposed to product.

How convenient. :suprised: it was swiftly moved yesterday to chit chat to hide it.

If its because its about equipment rather than peoduct then why is there a thread regarding nail tables still on the nail thread? And UV lamps vs LED lamps, and nail brushes.....I could go on.

So what happened to Jane? Was she not meant to be joining this discussion?

How convenient. :suprised: it was swiftly moved yesterday to chit chat to hide it.

If its because its about equipment rather than peoduct then why is there a thread regarding nail tables still on the nail thread? And UV lamps vs LED lamps, and nail brushes.....I could go on.

I would have thought the thread title and subject matter is what is really matters here, not where it is placed on the site. Everyone is free to participate wherever it may be after all, and no attempt was made to hide it.

However, if it is really so important, it will be moved back.

For those whose lamps are out of warrenty like mine I thought i'd let you know how I finally managed to fix it, with the help of my friends boyf who is an electrician.

My lamps fault was one side of the lamp stopped working. So he tested all parts and found it was one part on one of the circuit boards. He phoned s2 to ask if they sold parts, or could give him the number for the part so he could order it and was told no. He even phoned CND America where he asked the same and again was rudely told no.

In the end rather than going on a wild goose chase trying to find the part and because I felt awful about how awkward it was for him. I bought another broken lamp and he put the working circuit board in for me. Now it's working like a charm. So maybe it's worth scouring eBay and gumtree and even asking geeks on here (I did) for a broken lamp. Xxx

For those whose lamps are out of warrenty like mine I thought i'd let you know how I finally managed to fix it, with the help of my friends boyf who is an electrician.

My lamps fault was one side of the lamp stopped working. So he tested all parts and found it was one part on one of the circuit boards. He phoned s2 to ask if they sold parts, or could give him the number for the part so he could order it and was told no. He even phoned CND America where he asked the same and again was rudely told no.

In the end rather than going on a wild goose chase trying to find the part and because I felt awful about how awkward it was for him. I bought another broken lamp and he put the working circuit board in for me. Now it's working like a charm. So maybe it's worth scouring eBay and gumtree and even asking geeks on here (I did) for a broken lamp. Xxx

What a joke! It shouldnt be like this for us loyal CND girls. Nobody should have to buy a broken lamp to get parts to fix an existing lamp. Thats just shocking. At least your lamp is now working but unbelievable the lengths you had to go to in order to have a lamp! X

That is shocking customer service, I would put in an official complaint to head office, either that or flog your kit and re invest
Glad youv got it sorted now x

this is not advised for so many reasons...

Well what else do you do? It's a no win situation. Boycott CND?

All that chat on Facebook was about the new LED lamp. That's no good. It's probably why they don't care or give answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back