Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but they've shot themselves in the foot with this marketing ploy cos now their lamps are out of stock and breaking left right and centre and all the techs have been told not to use another brand lamp with Shellac. So now Shellac techs with no lamp are buying another system so they can still service their clients. Oh dear.

I find these posts unnecessarily inflammatory & lacking relevance. I say this as someone who doesn't use CND.

I offered shellac in my salons for 3 years. If 2 of our lights broke, or 3, or even 4, it would have had no impact on running my business. It would have annoyed me. But the financial impact would be nil.

There are minimal costs involved in offering nail services. Any business plan regardless of industry has a contingency for faulty equipment. There is only one electrical device crucial to nail services & if it is your livelihood you protect your reputation/finances by allowing for this.

This situation is annoying but it should not impede anyone from running their business unless there were underlying logistics issues already.

I'm not sure why OPI Gel Colour is being portrayed in that clip as a copy of Shellac as it's a totally different product?

It's a cheap stunt. Dirty tricks. I'm very surprised. I thought they were better than that.

I find these posts unnecessarily inflammatory & lacking relevance. I say this as someone who doesn't use CND.

I offered shellac in my salons for 3 years. If 2 of our lights broke, or 3, or even 4, it would have had no impact on running my business. It would have annoyed me. But the financial impact would be nil.

There are minimal costs involved in offering nail services. Any business plan regardless of industry has a contingency for faulty equipment. There is only one electrical device crucial to nail services & if it is your livelihood you protect your reputation/finances by allowing for this.

This situation is annoying but it should not impede anyone from running their business unless there were underlying logistics issues already.

Please explain how if 4 of your lamps broke that there would be no impact on your business. Okay if you've got 20 nail stations but most of us don't and would probably have 4 as a maximum. If those 4 broke and there was no way to get a replacement, how would you service your clients? Not being able to offer the service would most definitely have a financial impact as no client would be paying you.

And why has this thread been merged and moved to "chit chat". Since when has this become a non industry related topic?

I do feel for you with regard the lamp but I am not sure all the blame can be placed with S2, I would not have waited until the end of Jan to check if lamps I sent 3 and 4 months ago had been received. I would have checked at the time they had been received we can't really expect the distributor to be responsible for contacting people as how are they supposed to know who will be sending them what. Your understandable anger should really be placed with the makers of the lamp (CND I assume). :Love:

Just to clarify. The phone call had already been placed and a replacement sent out. S2 were expecting the return and it was addressed to the specific person with a reference number attached.

So we the consumer can make a decision as to what to do perhaps x

As a business you are not a consumer. Sweet Squared, and every other distributor supply goods on a B2B basis (business to business) not B2C. (Business to consumer)

As a business customer consumer law does not apply either.

Please explain how if 4 of your lamps broke that there would be no impact on your business. Okay if you've got 20 nail stations but most of us don't and would probably have 4 as a maximum. If those 4 broke and there was no way to get a replacement, how would you service your clients? Not being able to offer the service would most definitely have a financial impact as no client would be paying you.

And why has this thread been merged and moved to "chit chat". Since when has this become a non industry related topic?

Personally I think this topic it is beyond the point of being industry relevant.

4 lamps as a percentage of my supply is not enough to impede my business. If you manipulate the comment and apply it to a 1 person business that obviously at maximum would probably have 3/4 it certainly takes on a different meaning.

By altering the meaning & discussing quantity rather than percentage affected vs stock held you are describing a scenario which no one is suffering. Due to the laws of probability the likelihood of it happening is negligible. So debating it is rather pointless.

I'm not sure why OPI Gel Colour is being portrayed in that clip as a copy of Shellac as it's a totally different product?

To the above poster and Mobile, I'm glad they've differentiated between shellac and OPI (okay the fake bit is underhand but how many of your clients watch that programme?) OPI, takes seconds to cure, shellac minutes, OPI lamps are fine and OPI can cure under other LED lights if you so wish, (okay like most companies they'd prefer you not to) shellac seem to go all :twisted: like a witch from Oz if you even mention another light, or so the message seems to be!!

And if you bad mouth OPI a few of us will come onboard to defend it, slag shellac/CND/SS2 and many (mainly noticeable by their very limited appearance on this thread) are like Pavlov's dogs and you're left waiting to 'swim with the fishes'

:wink2:

Personally I think this topic it is beyond the point of being industry relevant.

4 lamps as a percentage of my supply is not enough to impede my business. If you manipulate the comment and apply it to a 1 person business that obviously at maximum would probably have 3/4 it certainly takes on a different meaning.

By altering the meaning & discussing quantity rather than percentage affected vs stock held you are describing a scenario which no one is suffering. Due to the laws of probability the likelihood of it happening is negligible. So debating it is rather pointless.

Maybe a little insensitive to those people who do not employ a number of techs to suggest lamp problems will not affect their business?

I think what is pointless is your analogy. Yes you may have a super duper business mind and hats off to you but the fact is that the vast majority are one man bands and for them the impact of having NO lamps available to buy is catastrophic for their business

At best most would keep one spare lamp but if that goes wrong and there is no way to get another lamp what are they supposed to do?

It is NOT their fault or bad business planning . It is not unreasonable to expect your supplier to be able to provide the essential tools that you need in order to carry out your work

I fully agree, I would be really really upset if I depended fully on my lamp and it broke and there was no future info on when a replacement would be offered! Shellac is a high earning service for most people. A few days wait is acceptable but it's been weeks! I feel it for people honestly as it's their livelihood - kids gotta eat, rent/mortgages needs to be paid!

Thats now the situation i find myself in as of today, cant believe it!!! Very shocked at this issue from a company as big as CND & S2. No options available just a "we're really sorry" from S2 customer service :cry:

I have 3 lamps, 2 for hands, 1 for feet, and they have more than earnt me my money back. Well worth having the spare to avoid situations like this!

Clearly there is a problem with these lamps and it's bad customer service if nobody from cnd bothers to reply.

Even Geeg has been suspiciously quiet.

Surrey Girl through and through x

Oh and I am on my own working from home.

I have 3 lamps, 2 for hands, 1 for feet, and they have more than earnt me my money back. Well worth having the spare to avoid situations like this!

Its all well and good having spares but what happens when the spares are breaking?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think this thread has gone far enough personally ....does it do any good to slate a business, a company or a person? No it doesn't....things happen, that is life...as I stated before in this thread the one unfortunate part of this lamp issue is that shellac is so popular and for lots of us the main part of our business....months ago there were threads about other companies like bio sculpture and their new led lamp and the problems that came with it, there were threads on here and elsewhere of techs having problems with opi gel colour and wanting to sell their kits as I am sure there were also about other companies for which I cannot remember all.....my point is ALL companies especially in our industry I would say have had problems at some stage it just depends how big or small the company or how popular the product to what extent the threads get to but we as technicians work through the problems we face not against them!!

At the end of the day our businesses are our own and we make the decisions FOR our business on our own, yes maybe we are influenced but we still make the final call...for me as shellac is what I do the majority of all day I decided to invest in a second lamp and have been contemplating a third just to make sure...do I have back ups of everything I do?? No I don't but that is because I rarely do a. Spray tan so would be pointless having more than one machine...I do lots of pedicures so yes I have more than one pedi spa, I have more than one glue, more than one box of tips...pretty much more than one of everything I do quite a lot of. At the same time at the moment I am working on my own in my salon so do t always get to respond to my answering machine on time, don't always get to update my Facebook page or my website as my day to day business takes over....the point I'm making is that sweet squared and associates have responded to this thread more than once already but are busy working towards rectifying the situation and stop it escalating than responding daily to this thread......shellac and CNd are worth investing in as are sweet squared and I find it very unfair to say that they don't care. The dealings I have had with sweet squared and the sweets in particular tell me as a consumer that they do care, yes that is my opinion on its own but it is an honest one. I do not work for CNd or sweet squared, I am not affiliated in any way I just believe in their products and there principles.

Have you never given someone or something a break??

you are right can you get cnd to remove the youtube video then

I think what is pointless is your analogy. Yes you may have a super duper business mind and hats off to you but the fact is that the vast majority are one man bands and for them the impact of having NO lamps available to buy is catastrophic for their business

At best most would keep one spare lamp but if that goes wrong and there is no way to get another lamp what are they supposed to do?

It is NOT their fault or bad business planning . It is not unreasonable to expect your supplier to be able to provide the essential tools that you need in order to carry out your work

Whilst the lamp situation is extreme I would argue that it is common for a supplier to not have available stock. I have suffered weeks of unavailability with most of my stocked brands at some point or other & I am prepared for that eventuality.

There are numerous posts that people cannot operate their business due to one lamp not working. That actually seems to be the most commonly reported scenario in these threads.

I think my original point is transferable to a business of any size. Investment, commitments, business. There should always be a plan b, c & d. It is very common apparently to not even have a plan b & I find that peculiar.

Quite obviously the intention was not to come across as boastful. It's not productive & gauche. Reading it back I maintain I haven't. But I'll take it on the chin. Everyone is entitled to their opinion after all :biggrin:

I agree-this post is merely salt in the wounds of those struggling to provide a service and keep their business going with no lamps. Knowing that it wouldn't affect your business personally doesn't help anyone here and now, it's no consolation if anything it only serves to make people feel more riled, so I don't really understand why you've posted it at all.

It's not sweet squared's fault at all though but it must be frustrating to those who depend on this.

I think I'm going to buy a back up and then a back up for the back up!

Whilst the lamp situation is extreme I would argue that it is common for a supplier to not have available stock. I have suffered weeks of unavailability with most of my stocked brands at some point or other & I am prepared for that eventuality.

There are numerous posts that people cannot operate their business due to one lamp not working. That actually seems to be the most commonly reported scenario in these threads.

I think my original point is transferable to a business of any size. Investment, commitments, business. There should always be a plan b, c & d. It is very common apparently to not even have a plan b & I find that peculiar.

Quite obviously the intention was not to come across as boastful. It's not productive & gauche. Reading it back I maintain I haven't. But I'll take it on the chin. Everyone is entitled to their opinion after all :biggrin:

Perhaps it's a case of learning the hard way for some people who don't have x3 backups but still, it's unhelpful to draw this to their attention at the current time? Too soon. Wait to make this valid point AFTER they've got their new lamps, as now it's only going to be received badly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back