Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet if this was about a different brand post wouldn't be moved and all the cnd ambassadors would have been on gloating.

The led lamp bein released is great news for some, however everyone with broken lamps (some out of warranty so paying!) are waiting for new ones and have even advised to get a back up... A lot of money for a 1 man band... Then out comes new lamp (which all cnd ambassadors said wouldn't happen as no need for) then tech left sitting with 2 "old " lamps but financially in pinch so can't afford new led lamp!

Bit of a bummer eh! Happy Sunday ladies 😂

Bet if this was about a different brand post wouldn't be moved and all the cnd ambassadors would have been on gloating.

The led lamp bein released is great news for some, however everyone with broken lamps (some out of warranty so paying!) are waiting for new ones and have even advised to get a back up... A lot of money for a 1 man band... Then out comes new lamp (which all cnd ambassadors said wouldn't happen as no need for) then tech left sitting with 2 "old " lamps but financially in pinch so can't afford new led lamp!

Bit of a bummer eh! Happy Sunday ladies 😂

Hang on.... Just to be clear? There is an LED coming out? For definite

Xxx

To be fair I'm taking that from previous posts above mine Hun. Would defo help explain the lamp shortages as well. If I'm wrong, apologies.

I'm just a grumpy mare this morning, 3 year old up far too much thru the nite last nite!

Hang on.... Just to be clear? There is an LED coming out? For definite

Xxx

Yep , which is maybe why you can't get a lamp right now.

Surrey Girl through and through x

I've been following all of this with interest. After an 'incident' with the owner of SS, I no longer deal with them, and sold off all my shellac and lamps. I've seen these 'stock shortages' so many times now, and them having to backtrack on their 'never use anything but CND' advice.
Funnily enough, I've never known Gelish to run out of top and base coat, or lamps, despite also having to import.
L'Oreal often pull the 'out of stock' ruse when they are changing formulas or packaging, us hairdressers always groan when they do it.
Having been on the recieving end of the owner of SS' ire, all I can say is don't fall for the marketing ploy, they DONT 'love and respect', it's just a business like any other.

I will be really really angry if this is the reason I only just bought my UV lamp and was told there was no LED planned any time soon, I've invested heavily in CND!

If ya'll hate CND why are you Salon Geek? :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

CND has nothing to do with Salon Geek!

S2 does though!

But S2 stocks more than just CND product.
Salon Geek is not sweetsquared dot com. There are many other brands represented/loved/discussed here.

I don't hate CND, I'm just not blinkered by them! I think they have fab products and mostly haven't had too many problems but at the end of the day there IS problems and there is definitely some products that are inferior to others.

There isn't 1 brand in the world I would defend to the hilt even when in the wrong as there is no brand/company that's faultless, I'm not that naive!

S2 does though!

Surely this is just a forum for professionals. There are many people on here who don't use a single CND Product at all?! There are 100s of hairdressers on here who don't even do nails?

Yes it is a forum for all pros, just simply stating that if people were boycotting s2 so religiously they wouldn't be on here. All brands have issues but going dorect to them might get a better answer instead of going in circles. Ranting on here won't get any extra lamps nor will it generate customers.

Yes it is a forum for all pros, just simply stating that if people were boycotting s2 so religiously they wouldn't be on here. All brands have issues but going dorect to them might get a better answer instead of going in circles. Ranting on here won't get any extra lamps nor will it generate customers.

Well I can't speak for others, I'm not boycotting but I would be furious if my lamp broke down with no replacement. I think people are justified

Well I can't speak for others, I'm not boycotting but I would be furious if my lamp broke down with no replacement. I think people are justified

Amen!

It's ridiculous! So basically your uv lamp is b******* but it's okay because cnd are bringing out a new LED lamp which will probably cost £50 to make (maybe by some poor soul in china) and they will retail it for a good three figures. You then have to restock and start again.

Cnd Shellac is fantastic - I cannot fault it, apart from the new open road collection which I think is hideous. What I don't agree with is the enforcement of uv lamps and products,

Surrey Girl through and through x

Last edited by a moderator:
I told s2 over a year ago about my faulty lamp I was told no one else had had this fault apparently I must of dropped it, I hadn't dropped it and at the time I was only doing shellac on myself so had only used the lamp for 40 hours in 12 months. low and behold I come on here and found thread after thread about the same fault.

So although I love cnd and shellac i'm a bit concerned that they were warned about a fault but obviously chose not too look into it. Telling people its just been a bad batch is lying in my eyes as I don't believe my lamp which I bought over 2 years ago is from the same batch that people who bought recently are having problems with. It's obviously a manufacturing fault, and that should have been addressed as soon as problems started arising.

And with a manufacturing fault surely our lamps should have been recalled regardless of whether they were in warrenty or not. X

For those whose lamps are out of warrenty like mine I thought i'd let you know how I finally managed to fix it, with the help of my friends boyf who is an electrician.

My lamps fault was one side of the lamp stopped working. So he tested all parts and found it was one part on one of the circuit boards. He phoned s2 to ask if they sold parts, or could give him the number for the part so he could order it and was told no. He even phoned CND America where he asked the same and again was rudely told no.

In the end rather than going on a wild goose chase trying to find the part and because I felt awful about how awkward it was for him. I bought another broken lamp and he put the working circuit board in for me. Now it's working like a charm. So maybe it's worth scouring eBay and gumtree and even asking geeks on here (I did) for a broken lamp. Xxx

I did exactly the same, the lamp which banged and smoked needed a new lead, this lead is a generic lead that can be found anywhere and I actually used one from an old printer. The second lamp had a faulty bulb connection which an electrician fixed.

This is not the ideal solution and I would advise everyone to get an electrician to do any work and not yourselves however what else are we supposed to do? Invest in an nsi lamp? Oh ok! So that will cost me £££ and then CND will bring out an LED lamp which I will then probably have to buy at some point!

Times are hard and we have to do what is necessary to work and not lose clients to our competition who's lamps are fine!

We have 3 lamps and the most recent one I bought was 1 year ago. 2 of ours have broken in the space of a week, one went bang and smoked the other had a bulb that broke and then wouldn't accept new bulbs.
I called sweet squared and I would have to send both back to be tested. One may still be in warranty but I personally don't know which lamps are which.
I can't really afford to wait for the new lamps, nor send off the broken ones only to be probably told that it is out of warranty and they can't fix it.

I need to make a living and I appreciate s2 aren't necessarily to blame but I will not let my clients down, sooo...I got a friend of a friend who is an electrician to take a look. Both lamps fixed in an hour and it cost me £20.

Just out of curiosity, does this mean that if a lamp is out of warranty it can't be mended even if you pay for it?

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, does this mean that if a lamp is out of warrenty it can't be mended even if you pay for it?

I don't think s2 will fix it out of warranty but I'm not sure? They may if you pay, I didn't ask? I personally couldn't wait the time it would take to send it off, get the decision and then get it sent back.
I got ours fixed the same day the second one broke, and the £20 I paid probably wouldn't have covered much of the postage price to send it off to CND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back