Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can completely understand the frustration of people who have no lamp. I can even understand the non-CND users who are obviously enjoying this thread as they feel they are jumped on in other threads when it is their product / supplier under scrutiny.

However, how is the CND lamp expensive? If you work out the number of minutes per set of bulbs and divide that by the number of minutes per service...your profit, if you are charging what you should be charging, is huge.

Yes, you need the lamp to be working to achieve this but the lamps aren't expensive.

They are a lot more expensive than the other branded and non branded lamps. I'm not including LED obviously.

My cnd lamp broke too. Brought from s2 in March and had 'broke' by September. Fortunately s2 sent me a replacement out the next day. I was obviously lucky they had some in stock. Mind boggles if they hadn't.

For what CND shellac has done for my business I don't think the lamps are expensive. That is my personal opinion.

I am not disputing that they should last longer than one bulb change and that I wouldn't be annoyed if my lamps were broken and I couldn't replace them. I really feel for people that has happened to and have lent my spare lamp to a local therapist it has happened to.

I wonder how many lamps have been affected by this problem??? It seems to me a vast number!! Including me. Id love to know the figures...obviously never will. Also has this affected the USA too??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

What are S2 or CND advising you all do while you wait for replacement lamps? I believe when they had a shortage of shellac base or top coats they recommended using the shellac colours with another systems base/top so are they saying to use any other lamp in the meantime?

No advise has been given. Just 'We'll send one out to you as a priority WHEN they're are back in stock in the UK'!
Great help when its going to be weeks still :banghead:

No advise has been given. Just 'We'll send one out to you as a priority WHEN they're are back in stock in the UK'!
Great help when its going to be weeks still :banghead:

So they are just advising you to stop work then? That's APPALLING. How can a company treat their customers in such a cavalier fashion? There has to be an alternative.

Uh ohh on our lamp at work, the fan had started making a loud noise sometimes.
Is this how others peoples lamps started to break?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

There should be an alternative.

However, I'm afraid it looks like you will have to make your own way.

It's a shame as a lot are really suffering now

Surrey Girl through and through x

Uh ohh on our lamp at work, the fan had started making a loud noise sometimes.
Is this how others peoples lamps started to break?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

My first one went like that. :(

Surrey Girl through and through x

Sweet squared only sell to professionals. They will do the right thing by their customers as they always have done and always will do.

I generally always agree with you Geeg but not this time i'm afraid. S2 did not do the right thing by me they lied by telling me they'd had no other complaints about half the lamp not working when a quick search on here and various other sites told me otherwise.

Also I was told I must have dropped or bashed it, when I explained I had not dropped it as it was never getting used on clients or moved (i was working doing just lashes and brows) i was told i may not have noticed i did it!

My lamp had been used less than 40 hours was around 3 weeks out of warrenty with a blatant manufacturing fault which they were well aware of. Yet they wouldn't even send me a reconditioned lamp which I think should of been the least they could do.

Instead their only advice was to take it to an electrician. My electrician had to call S2 for some help sourcing the broken part now I don't know the ins and outs of the conversation but he said he couldn't believe how rude they and CND America were.

So as a S2 customer i can safely say they have not done the right thing by me and countless other nail professionals.

Interested to hear if anyone has had a problem with Ellisons? After my last lamp was replaced for the 4th time I bought another one for toes from Ellisons and it has been fine (touch wood!). Also very strange about the 110 hours figure being banded around as that was when mine went kaput too!!

Interested to hear if anyone has had a problem with Ellisons? After my last lamp was replaced for the 4th time I bought another one for toes from Ellisons and it has been fine (touch wood!). Also very strange about the 110 hours figure being banded around as that was when mine went kaput too!!
Interesting and your comment has made a lightbulb go off in my head.

Are you certain your particular lamp is broken and not just switching OFF at 110 hours ?

The CND lamp is DESIGNED to switch off after 100 hours and won't work until you replace your bulbs, at which time you then then hold the re-set button down until the lamp resets to 100 again and will then switch on!!

Your lamp may not be broken at all but just doing what it is designed to do so that you are not using ineffective bulbs.

Try hitting your reset button. Hold it down until you see it reset itself and then switch on again.

As for Elisions, they buy their CND lamps and CND products from S2 so they will have had the same percentage of faulty lamps and from the same batch.

Last edited:
Interesting and has made a lightbulb go off in my head.

Are you certain your lamp is broken and not just switching OFF at 110 hours ?

The CND lamp is DESIGNED to switch off after 100 hours and won't work until you replace your bulbs, at which time you then then hold the re-set button down until the lamp resets to 100 again and will then switch on!!

Your lamp may not be broken at all but just doing what it is designed to do so that you are not using ineffective bulbs.

Try hitting your reset button. Hold it down until you see it reset itself and then switch on again.

Mine went at 110 hours as well, but I had replaced my old bulbs at 92 hours, so already had new bulbs in. It didnt just switch off either, mine smelled of burning & was crackling.

Mine went at 110 hours as well, but I had replaced my old bulbs at 92 hours, so already had new bulbs in. It didnt just switch off either, mine smelled of burning & was crackling.

Crackling and a smell is definitely not the same problem as using the re-set button, which is another factor.

I do know, though, that many have just not understood that the lamp needs to have the timer re-set every time you change the bulbs or it will just go off at what it thinks is the appropriate time until it is re-set.

For example. If you change the bulbs at 95 hours and do not re-set the hours, the lamp will not know you have changed them and switch itself off when IT reaches the 100/110 hour mark. See what I mean?

So, I rang sweet squared today as Geeg advised me to do. They will not replace my lamp as it is out of warranty despite being only used for 110 hours. I pointed out that their terms & conditions of sale as follows :-
12. OUR LIABILITY

12.1 We warrant to you that
(a) any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied;

However, they still wouldn't do anything as its out of warranty. I pointed out that a lamp lasting 110 hours was not of satisfactory quality, but they said they could not do anything. I asked if they thought it was ok then for a lamp to last 110 hours to which I was told, " I'm not saying its ok, I am saying its out of warranty and we cannot replace it or send it for testing" I was advised to take it to an electrician as it may be something simple !!

I am disgusted with this service. Sweet Squared always put such an emphasis on customer service & 'love & respect', however, I have received poor customer service & no 'love & respect'. It is appalling that they will not replace it after lasting 110 hours !! They say its not ok for it to last that length of time, but on the other hand wont do anything about it.
At the end of the day, like all other businesses it is about the money, not the customer, whatever they may say to the contrary!!

Crackling and a smell is definitely not the same problem as using the re-set button, which is another factor.

I do know, though, that many have just not understood that the lamp needs to have the timer re-set every time you change the bulbs or it will just go off at what it thinks is the appropriate time until it is re-set.

For example. If you change the bulbs at 95 hours and do not re-set the hours, the lamp will not know you have changed them and switch itself off when IT reaches the 100/110 hour mark. See what I mean?

yes I see what you mean....if only mine was so easily sorted out.

At the end of the day, like all other businesses it is about the money, not the customer, whatever they may say to the contrary!!

Without customers there IS no money.

Interesting and your comment has made a lightbulb go off in my head.

Are you certain your particular lamp is broken and not just switching OFF at 110 hours ?

As for Elisions, they buy their CND lamps and CND products from S2 so they will have had the same percentage of faulty lamps and from the same batch.

Thanks Geeg but it's definitely the same fault that's been reported of the two left hand bulb connectors not working. Changed the bulbs at 100 hours. Thanks though :)

Thanks Geeg but it's definitely the same fault that's been reported of the two left hand bulb connectors not working. Changed the bulbs at 100 hours. Thanks though :)

Worth a try. Sorry it was not that. Still useful information for others that do not know that the lamp hours have to be reset when you make a change. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back