Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lamps are made for CND not Sweet Squared. It will be made by a manufacturing plant to specifications laid down by CND. I suspect that the only people who will know if any other company uses those specifications will be the manufacturers. I wouldn't be surprised if those specifications are CND's intellectual property and as such will not be replicated for other companies.

Jo, I'm sure we were told at the Event that an LED lamp was on its way in 2014?? Or did I dream it?

Can anyone clarify??

Yes CND will be coming out with an LED light this year. If you check their Facebook page, they announced it there. I have used LED for 8 months with cnd shellac now with no problem.

As far as I can see this thread is going around in circles....steered mainly by an educator from another Nail Company a non customer of CND and other disgruntled non nail geeks.

If this had been about any other company other than Sweet Squared/CND it would have been closed down once the personal remarks and accusations of a Consiracy started. Only if that had happened there would be an outcry of bias!

As to whether there is a plan of action can I again point you in the direction of page 6 of this thread where Samuel Sweet explains the situation and what is being done.

Nothing has happened to change the situation, and if it had I am sure we would have had an update from Samuel.

What do you mean by "disgruntled non nail geeks"? If they are disgruntled because of lamp problems for shellac, a professional nail product surely that makes them nail geeks?

Also i doubt it would be shut down if it was about another company. I've seen plenty of threads about other companies on here in all forums (dermalogica springs to mind) that
were not shut down. it's just them threads probably wouldn't be as long due to the majority of nail geeks using cnd. And no other company seems to have such a problem with stock.

As a side note i don't think cnd make lamps for anyone else as it is patented. That's why the electrician i used had problems sourcing the part.

If by 'non nail geeks' you mean me Izzidoll, can I respectfully remind you that although I work as a hairdresser in my chain of salons, I'm a fully qualified beauty therapist, and have a beauty salon. I'm not just an interested bystander, thank you.

Just wanted to say I'm sure 'MOST' CND/S2 customers are NOT jumping ship!!

I'm in the same position as you but, I've decided that I'm going to wait it out and stick with Shellac! After all, there's not bound to be many stock shortages in the future. If this thread is anything to go by, most CND/S2 customers are jumping ship so that's means there'll always be enough for me :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Just wanted to say 'MOST' CND/S2 customers are NOT jumping ship!!

I will also add that the vast majority of Shellackers are still happily working with lamps that have not malfunctioned, thank god. That doesn't make it any better for those who are affected at this time nor does it make us any less sorry for the inconvenience to thoes in that position ATM. If it had happened to me I too would use any means I could to accommodate my clients even if it meant using an incompatible lamp for a few weeks and getting clients permission ... What other choice would I have? In a busy business, the show must go on.

Meanwhile here on salon geek for anyone who has followed this thread, it really is very easy to see what is happening with a small number (3-4) people only who keep this thread at the top of the board ... And curiously, 3 of thoes four are not even users of Shellac at all but have some sort of agenda/grudge and they are obviously getting satisfaction from stirring the pot. It's pretty transparent, would you not agree?

Just as an example ... The biggest stirrer (I will let you judge who that may be) says she uses Shellac .... And has had numerous CND lamps fail on her .... Yet amazingly, when in looked into it yesterday, neither she under her personal name, nor she under her salon name, has ever bought anything from Sweet Squared, never bought anything from Ellisons and never bought anything from The Fingertips Centre or any other CND authorised distributor in the UK.

There is no record anywhere on any 'returns' data base that any lamps have ever been returned for replacement from this person at ANY authorised UK distributor.

CND lamps can only be bought through S2 ... No unauthorised distributors have the CND UV Lamps as every one of them is shipped to S2 wired for the British market voltage and ONLY S2 ... Begs the question of where the Shellac supplies are coming from and exposes the lie about having purchased multiple lamps. It's not CND being attacked in this thread by these people, it's very plainly S2.

So readers ... Judge for yourselves what is going on. It's pretty ugly to say the least. The only reason I can think of that it has been allowed to go on is that with every page, it becomes more easy for everyone to see who is on the attack and why. By now we are all aware.

To those in genuine distress, I once again sincerely apologise for that distress. We carry on doing all we can do behind the scenes. The lamps are being air freighted in at CND expense so they too are helping where they can. As soon as they are in our hands it will be announced loud and clear ... If in the meantime you have made other arrangements to accommodate your business, who can blame you? We'll see you on the other side after the storm blows over. X

Jo, I'm sure we were told at the Event that an LED lamp was on its way in 2014?? Or did I dream it?

Can anyone clarify??

No definitely NOT as told by Dr Dave.

I will also add that the vast majority of Shellackers are still happily working with lamps that have not malfunctioned, thank god. That doesn't make it any better for those who are affected at this time nor does it make us any less sorry for the inconvenience to thoes in that position ATM. If it had happened to me I too would use any means I could to accommodate my clients even if it meant using an incompatible lamp for a few weeks and getting clients permission ... What other choice would I have? In a busy business, the show must go on.

Meanwhile here on salon geek for anyone who has followed this thread, it really is very easy to see what is happening with a small number (3-4) people only who keep this thread at the top of the board ... And curiously, 3 of thoes four are not even users of Shellac at all but have some sort of agenda/grudge and they are obviously getting satisfaction from stirring the pot. It's pretty transparent, would you not agree?

Just as an example ... The biggest stirrer (I will let you judge who that may be) says she uses Shellac .... And has had numerous CND lamps fail on her .... Yet amazingly, when in looked into it yesterday, neither she under her personal name, nor she under her salon name, has ever bought anything from Sweet Squared, never bought anything from Ellisons and never bought anything from The Fingertips Centre or any other CND authorised distributor in the UK.

There is no record anywhere on any 'returns' data base that any lamps have ever been returned for replacement from this person at ANY authorised UK distributor.

CND lamps can only be bought through S2 ... No unauthorised distributors have the CND UV Lamps as every one of them is shipped to S2 wired for the British market voltage and ONLY S2 ... Begs the question of where the Shellac supplies are coming from and exposes the lie about having purchased multiple lamps. It's not CND being attacked in this thread by these people, it's very plainly S2.

So readers ... Judge for yourselves what is going on. It's pretty ugly to say the least. The only reason I can think of that it has been allowed to go on is that with every page, it becomes more easy for everyone to see who is on the attack and why. By now we are all aware.

To those in genuine distress, I once again sincerely apologise for that distress. We carry on doing all we can do behind the scenes. The lamps are being air freighted in at CND expense so they too are helping where they can. As soon as they are in our hands it will be announced loud and clear ... If in the meantime you have made other arrangements to accommodate your business, who can blame you? We'll see you on the other side after the storm blows over. X

So our personal info is being looked at is it?

Nothing is safe anymore - even on a forum which is part of S2!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree, no one should be losing earnings because of a lamp, CND or s2 are not in control of any of our businesses, only we are in control. Just use a different lamp until it's sorted.

I've used one by the edge and it works perfectly fine, the clients came back after 2 weeks without chips just as they do with the CND one, luckily I have a working CND lamp but have had to use the edge one on occasions and it's fine so there must be other lamps out there that work as well. X

Oh and while i am here who is to say that people go by an alias?

For a selfish point of view I really want them to hurry up, been waiting for the starter kit for what seems like ages!!!!

So our personal info is being looked at is it?

Nothing is safe anymore - even on a forum which is part of S2!

So you recognise the person I was referring to? If the cap fits as they say. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing wrong with exposing liars and to do that, it's necessary to check the facts. But usually they hang themselves with their own behaviour don't you think?

So you recognise the person I was referring to? If the cap fits as they say. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing wrong with exposing liars and to do that, it's necessary to check the facts. But usually they hang themselves with their own behaviour don't you think?

So your pointing the finger at me? If you want i can message you my name and then you can go and snoop all you want!

I genuinely have had 6 in the last year... You can check with sweet squared if you wish. I've literally just got off the phone to them

Hi
I have had 2 lamps that have broken in a matter of days of each other. One was replaced very quickly but the second lamp, I am still waiting for a replacement!! Luckily, my colleagues have their own lamps which they are using but I am very disappointed that we are having to wait so long to get the second lamp back:sad::rolleyes:

Is the second lamp still in warranty? If so, and they can't offer a replacement, have you asked for a refund? They must refund if a replacement cannot be offered.

Explains a lot! I can understand that you are annoyed but surely there is an answer somewhere to help these people with busted lamps

Last edited:
Only on SG could the company which has screwed up blame it's clients for pointing out that they screwed up!!
Take your tin hat off Gigi, I'm a bona fide client of SS. Just sick of the way they behave.

Im leaving this thread as it is becomming far too bitchy and personal.

Due to the nature of my job i never use my real name when signing up to forums etc. Its a security thing and i am probably not the only one.

Good luck with your lamps.

Only on SG could the company which has screwed up blame it's clients for pointing out that they screwed up!!
Take your tin hat off Gigi, I'm a bona fide client of SS. Just sick of the way they behave.

No one has blamed any genuine clients of S2 ... For anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back