Broken Shellac lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
Hi, got half way through a set of shellac toes tonight and my lamp just beeped continually, did it about two seconds after I turned it on, gna ring ellisons tomorow but does anyone know why?? Xx

check your bulbs ... they may need changing ! hold the reset button down till the number of hours show .... do not hold any longer as it will reset ... but i suspect it may show 0

if its your bulbs once you have changed them ... hold the reset button down until the number of hours reset to i think its either 100 or 99

kx

Hi, got half way through a set of shellac toes tonight and my lamp just beeped continually, did it about two seconds after I turned it on, gna ring ellisons tomorow but does anyone know why?? Xx

Will this be why it's not working? I've had it since spemtemberish time so not long, didn't think that would happen when the bulbs died? X

Will this be why it's not working? I've had it since spemtemberish time so not long, didn't think that would happen when the bulbs died? X

The bulbs last for 100 hours, at the end of 100 hours the lamp will not turn on, it comes on for a couple of seconds and then beeps continuously till you turn it off. This means your bulbs need changed. You need to check the life of your bulbs periodically by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds, this will show you how many hours of use you have left. Your lamp is not broken, just time for a bulb change.

Omg we're do I get new ones from? I bought my kit from ellisons and never saw any buls on there?! Also how much are they? Fully booked next week!!

Omg we're do I get new ones from? I bought my kit from ellisons and never saw any buls on there?! Also how much are they? Fully booked next week!!

They should have them. If not, Sweet Squared definitely will.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I always have a spare set in stock. Without a set of bulbs you can't do shellac; why run the risk of not being able to work?

I always have a spare set in stock. Without a set of bulbs you can't do shellac; why run the risk of not being able to work?

I have a spare everything..bulbs, scrubfresh, colours, base and top coats, IPA etc.

It's worth budgeting for two lamps too. Gives you a back up if one fails and makes treatments so much easier to carry out.

Your lamp is not broken! One of the best features of the CND UV lamp is that you always can check the bulb life on it by quickly pressing the re-set button which will display the useable hours left in the bulb's life, so you need never be caught out like you have been, by the lamp stopping temporarily because your bulbs are too old to cure the Shellac properly and thoroughly.

This must mean you have never taken a class with Shellac and a CND Education Ambassador as this situation could have been avoided if you had. You would have been told all about the lamp, how it works and how to change your bulbs.

As Lynne says .... Always have a spare set of bulbs! and with all the lovely lolly you are making by bring fully booked you should also have a second lamp to work with so that in any eventuality, you can still work and not disappoint clients by cancelling their appointments.

Last edited:
I've got a spare lamp but not a shellac on but it did the job. Always have spares of everything just never thought of this! Anyone know how much they are?

I don't think you can put prices on here but the bulbs can be bought from S2 and Ellisons and they cost not much more than a good set of nails xx:D

I've got a spare lamp but not a shellac on but it did the job. Always have spares of everything just never thought of this! Anyone know how much they are?

If your lamp is not a CND lamp then it will not have 'done the job, of fully cutting the Shellac. You must know this! It may look as though it has hardened but the Shellac will not have completely cured without the CND Lamp and now you have put your client at risk of becoming allergic to an uncured product, or the product not lasting and peeling, in which case your next job will be to replace your faulty work for free when the client complains.

It doesn't matter what price the bulbs are ... You need them and you need them fast.

I haven't done the course yet as I can't afford it, I know the bulbs need changing eventually but didn't think it would be this quick. Lucky I work wed-fri so I have time to buy new ones

The bulbs are £39.95 I think....always best to have a set sitting ready. Lesson learned lol :wink2:

I haven't done the course yet as I can't afford it, I know the bulbs need changing eventually but didn't think it would be this quick. Lucky I work wed-fri so I have time to buy new ones

I dont buy that argument! lol. The course is not the least bit expensive and I would say you cannot afford not to do it. You must be making money if you have used your lamp for 100 hours since September!

No the course is not expensive but at 19, only just going self employed and everything happening so quick and opening my shop and moving house, the course is a lot to put out with everything else I already am, especially when you add travel and taking a day off work.

Fair enough to say its not expensive but different people have different circumstances.

No the course is not expensive but at 19, only just going self employed and everything happening so quick and opening my shop and moving house, the course is a lot to put out with everything else I already am, especially when you add travel and taking a day off work.

Fair enough to say its not expensive but different people have different circumstances.

I'm in the same boat and managed to go for a day on the course. And I am doing my degree too. Just sayin' ;)
It's worth it. I promise x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I know it's definitely worth it, but finding a day to take off and the money to cover a day of isn't always easy, I am going to do it

I know it's definitely worth it, but finding a day to take off and the money to cover a day of isn't always easy, I am going to do it

Can I just say I am taking 3 days off in the beginning of July to do training with CND.
I don't mind the cost of the training that's minimal, but I will be down 3 days takings which will be considerable .
But I want to do the training so I am prepared to forfeit 3 work days to get it.

I know I will recoup my costs tenfold because of it but that's not why I'm doing it ...I want to be up there with the best of the best ...

Latest posts

Back