Broken Tips Leaving Perfect Curve???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2littletoys

Reaction score
HI i think i know the answer but can the more experienced of you confirm it.........

My whites are breaking off leaving the pink product in a perfect inverted smile line, is the purely because im not butting it to white enough? or is it that im not building the apex enough? or both?

it doesnt happen on all nails- just the pointer and thumb........:|

thanks guys

Without seeing it it's hard to say. Could be apex not high enough or not in the right place. Could be tips too long for lifestyle adding to the problem. Could be your mix ratio affecting the strength of your product. Is it a common problem for you?

its not a common problem- its only just occured- its just it leaves such a perfect line i get the feeling its the "butting up" that isnt right.

i have used different tips- ah- could it be that?

It shouldn't make any difference which tips you use, I have always placed my bead in zone 2 and pulled it over zone one and then bead in zone 3 and pulled it over zone 2 that way,
No possibility of gaps and when you file the slight amount of pink thats pulled over the white it's filed away.
Is this your nails or a client?
If yours then watch your appex when you redo them, you'll see for yourself if thats your problem and if its a client and never happened before
Then this might be a case of fell of in her mouth syndrome:smack:
Hope this helps

thanks susie- its just my nails- think im not pulling a little from z2 to z1 as i ve done p&w and was worried about the white turning pink :eek: but - doh forgot that my filing would clear it anyhow.

cheers again!

thanks susie- its just my nails- think im not pulling a little from z2 to z1 as i ve done p&w and was worried about the white turning pink :eek: but - doh forgot that my filing would clear it anyhow.

cheers again!
If your worried about the white turning pink, use clear powder over your white and pink on your z2 and z3

if I'm making any sense.....I'm rushing out the door at the moment....

think i would be better doing that !:)

maybe you are not working fast enough with the white and not butting (leaving an airpocket underneath, but not visible from the top), get my drift? Many panic with the white application (it is a different consistency) and then there's some that work too slow, the air pocket underneath scenario, would explain your breakage points.

Latest posts

Back