Brow Shaping Disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were all doing legs and the teacher made everyone stop so that she could come over to everyone and check their technique. My partner and I were last - as a result the wax was left on my leg for about 15 minutes. By the time it was removed a hell of a lot of skin came with it! I am not sure but I assumed that that was the reason.

True, I didn't feel like she was supporting the skin when she did my brows. I just couldn't believe it, I've had my brows waxed a million times and have NEVER had anything even remotely like this happen. Worse, a few of the girls have told me that it was clear after she removed the first strip that the skin had lifted badly, and then she went ahead and did the other one! She could have used hot instead after seeing that reaction. I'm cross! Anyway, it's really helpful getting feedback and reading other threads on here.

A friend did my underarms and we thought we'd give the oil a go - the (hot) wax was lifting at the edges so we weren't sure it was going to work, but it was great! Can you use oil under strip? My strip wax tub says the skin must be free of any oil....

Thanks again to all you lovely geeks who have offered your point of view x
Yep, oil under strip wax is fine. You just need to make sure you use the tiniest amount. You'll get the hang of it.

I was trained to use powder n the skin first for bikini and underarm... Should I not be doing this? We were taught that it cushions the skin :-/ xx

I was trained to use powder n the skin first for bikini and underarm... Should I not be doing this? We were taught that it cushions the skin :-/ xx

It still is taught that way by a lot of trainers but once you get going yourself, switch to using oil. You'll find it a lot better and so will your clients.

I learnt the oil trick from here. Works great.

Latest posts

Back