Brush Care... Using Gel... BioSculpture Specifically

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleivy

Reaction score
Morning everyone,

Was just reading with interest thread on brush care/brush murder:cry:, but it related to L&P. Is anyone, (or more than one anyone) able to offer the best advice to give me long life from my brushes.

One survived near death, a near fatal fracture, but due to massive surgery by my DH, was drilled and metal pin bonded two halves together.

PurpleIvy

Be sure to wipe your brushes with sanitiser/cleanser using wonderwipe or a nail wipe before and after gel application, and store them flat in a tin or similar.

I am still using the brush supplied with my starter kit, 3 years ago.

Be sure to wipe your brushes with sanitiser/cleanser using wonderwipe or a nail wipe before and after gel application, and store them flat in a tin or similar.

I am still using the brush supplied with my starter kit, 3 years ago.

Wow! That brush has had a good life!

I have killed many a brush before now :irked: through my own stupidity mind, I'd do a set, and then leave my brush slightly in the line of light, and then I'd think, 'Oh Bugger, thats another one dead then!' LOL!! :green:

I have learned, and now my brush stand on my technicians tidy is well out of the light, and if it falls off, can only fall onto the table, so no skydives onto the floor! lol! xxx

I just clean my gelbrush with a nailwipe to remove the excesive gel. I don,t use any cleanser for my brush because i noticed before that the hairs from my brush started to dry out and jump out of place here and there.
After that i wrap some aluminium foil around the top of the brush and store it flat in my drawer.

i never clean my gel brush...i just remove the excess gel with a lint free wipe...i ruined a brush once from keep wiping it with cleanser. x

My Bio Sculpture training specifically included instruction to cleanse and wipe my brush before, between and after gel applications ... maybe it's different for other gels systems. 3 years on, and my brush is still perfectly ok.

My Bio Sculpture training specifically included instruction to cleanse and wipe my brush before, between and after gel applications ... maybe it's different for other gels systems. 3 years on, and my brush is still perfectly ok.

Ahhh, yes i use a different gel..sorry your right :hug:

i never ever clean my brush with anything i use a file off and a soak off...ONLY EVERY USE MY FAVOURITE BIO BRUSH...... and only ever wipe it /clean it on a nail wipe after use and its stored in a tin.

I have had my trusty bio brush for over 2years and still going strong.

I have slayed loads of other brushes with cleaning them! However i think my bio brush is sable and the others were synthetic (could be wrong on this one though!)

Yes Amber, Bio Sculpture application brushes are sable.

Im sure i read somewhere you shouldnt use sable for gel:green: i cant get on with any other brushes at all, i love my brush gonna be gutted when it dies!

I too lurve my Bio brushes. Have several....one for clear, the french brush, one for glitter, one for light colours and one for dark.

I was trained to clean them with Bio sanitiser on a clean wipe after each client....for hygiene reasons, but at the end of each day to clean with bio polish remover, as the oils then protect the brush. I store them flat (with the cap on if there is one) Then it is cleaned with sanitiser before the next client. I've never lost a brush yet!They are as good as the day I got them.

Hi,

Was at friends for her to do my toes the other week and I saw a pink Bio Sculpture brush. I love it for doing French, my application has improved a great deal with it.

What I found irritating is that they have been around for a while and I didn't know about them. I would have thought it to be in BioSculpture's interests for me to know about new products that I might like to try.

thanks for the help everyone concerning cleaning brushes. It was more or less what I was doing anyway. Now I have heard how long the brushes will last if looked after well, I'll make sure I give them the proper treatment.
PurpleIvy

Hi,

What I found irritating is that they have been around for a while and I didn't know about them. I would have thought it to be in BioSculpture's interests for me to know about new products that I might like to try.

Please please please tell this to BioSculpture as well. I have told them for very same (about new stuff in general) thing this week, in conversations with them about what their techs want to see, but it re-inforces it if more than one person will step up and tell them.

I'm asking for them to send out their newsletter to active techs as soon as they are printed, and not wait for us to place an order. If I've ordered and its been delivered...its too late to order something I've just found about, as I'm not making up another £40 order or paying 2 lots of postage (OK I can collect, but that costs me fuel too)

LOL not sure I'm quite an active tech as such, but would like to be! Once I have my assessment behind me I will feel a bit more confident about actively seeking more clients. I have had a few people coming a lot of times, so some things I have had more practice with. In a way it was an insurance policy to make sure I was getting things right. If I got something wrong, then my guinea pigs knew that I was the person to talk to. For the time being I don't have my treatment room while the building work is going on, so sticking to friends and possibly friends of friends and getting a couple more courses under my belt.

THanks for all your help so far, when I have a few minutes I'll get onto Bio about the publicity thing.

PurpleIvy

Just one thing to add about caring for you brushes...
I don't use my brushes every day (ones supplied with my Calgel starter kit) and they were getting very hard in between use. After using them, I would clean them carefully with sanitizer, wrap them in foil, then store them in a dark drawer. Still, a few days later... hard as a rock. I just got this tip that has been working for me. I quickly wipe them with sanitizer, so that a little gel is left in the bristles before wrapping them in foil and keeping them in a DARK and cool cupboard. I have been doing this for the last few weeks, and it's kept them soft and supple. I know this thread is a few wks old, but thought I'd share in case others are having this problem.
alex

Just one thing to add about caring for you brushes...
I don't use my brushes every day (ones supplied with my Calgel starter kit) and they were getting very hard in between use. After using them, I would clean them carefully with sanitizer, wrap them in foil, then store them in a dark drawer. Still, a few days later... hard as a rock. I just got this tip that has been working for me. I quickly wipe them with sanitizer, so that a little gel is left in the bristles before wrapping them in foil and keeping them in a DARK and cool cupboard. I have been doing this for the last few weeks, and it's kept them soft and supple. I know this thread is a few wks old, but thought I'd share in case others are having this problem.
alex

if mine ever goes a little bit hard:green:i dip in my gel b4 use and WORK IT in the cap of the gel and VOILA nice and soft again

if mine ever goes a little bit hard:green:i dip in my gel b4 use and WORK IT in the cap of the gel and VOILA nice and soft again

Great tip ... when mine was hardening I was resorting to dipping it in product remover. It did soften it, but I could see it was ruining the brush by drying it out. Little hairs kept separating to the sides. I never thought of working the gel into it. Thx!

Great tip ... when mine was hardening I was resorting to dipping it in product remover. It did soften it, but I could see it was ruining the brush by drying it out. Little hairs kept separating to the sides. I never thought of working the gel into it. Thx!

glad i could help:hug:

Latest posts

Back