Budgie hates Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kattyj

Reaction score
Went to my sisters tonight and she has a budgie, when I normally put my finger in the cage he goes mental and bites it. Not been round for ages and tonight I kept putting my finger in the cage and he just kept staring at it, he never went for it like he normally does.

Thought he must be ill cos he normally attacks anyone who does this, then my mum and sister both tried, and again he just looked and stared, they both have Gelish too. My dad then put his finger in (he doesnt wear Gelish!!) and the bird did his usual nearly ripping your finger off thing!

How weird, it was like he was completely mesmorised by our fingernails but not my dads and wouldnt go near us!

Anyone else had pet who do this?!?!?!

He could see his reflection in it ;)

No but my cat....whenever i plug in my cnd lamp suddenly perks up....and when i hit th button and the lights come in she goes wild. I have to keep ahold of it or lock her out as she stalks the lamp...runs, pounces on it, hits it then runs off and stalks it again!

Pets are so funny!

Wonder if its a smell of gelish that somehow the budgie is scared???

No but my cat....whenever i plug in my cnd lamp suddenly perks up....and when i hit th button and the lights come in she goes wild. I have to keep ahold of it or lock her out as she stalks the lamp...runs, pounces on it, hits it then runs off and stalks it again!

Pets are so funny!

Wonder if its a smell of gelish that somehow the budgie is scared???

Ha ha your cat sounds funny!!

I wondered if there was a smell from our nails?

I like the idea from Marion about seeing his reflection in it, after all it is super shiny!!

One of my cats comes and sits on my table and watches me do my nail. It's like she's waiting in turn to get her nails done lol

One of my cats comes and sits on my table and watches me do my nail. It's like she's waiting in turn to get her nails done lol

Ah thats so cute! Animals are funny!

I must take a pic next time I'm doing my nails. She's hilarious. Her favourite "toy" is my nail file lol x

i had a clients cat keep turning my lamp on, it had found the sensor and kept doing it! funny little thing. i said to my client i think ur cats trying to tell u something, it wants some gelish on! haha

I reacon its the smell because i did a clients nails in acrylic and she had a very verbal african grey parrot. And he loved his owner but as soon as she had her nails done he would try and rip them off when she put her hands near him. I think some pets pick up on things more than others

I reacon its the smell because i did a clients nails in acrylic and she had a very verbal african grey parrot. And he loved his owner but as soon as she had her nails done he would try and rip them off when she put her hands near him. I think some pets pick up on things more than others

Oh my god!! Well at least Gelish seems to have tamed my sisters budgie, he normally tries to rip your fingers off when we havnt got it on!!

I'd say it's probably the smell or colour.

One of my friends had a cockatoo growing up. He used to sit under the stairs and when the mother walked up the stairs, he used to attack her toes if she had nail polish on, no nail polish and he wouldn't attack - so the opposite of the budgie..

When I went snorkelling in the Caribbean last year my fins were rubbing me so I took them off and went barefoot. I thought my boyfriend had pinched my toe to get my attention but it was loads of big fish trying to get at my hot pink nail varnish!x

Last edited:
When I went snorkelling in the Caribbean last year my fins were rubbing me so I took them off and went barefoot. I thought my boyfriend had pinched my toe to get my attention but it was loads of big fish trying to get at my hot pink bio sculpture!x

He he he he do sorry to laugh its just a funny thought...;) xx

Latest posts

Back