Buff to shine....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, i need to ask your advice and what you feel would be a good way to solve my problem.

When i do my L&P nails i always buff them to a high shine with my snow monkey and my miracle shine cream. Only problem i have, is i am getting an aching elbow from all the buffing.

I don't need to refine much when i have done my L&P nails, but my clients love the shine i get when i buff them, even compared to doing a layer of gloss gel at the end to save my elbows from buffing.

How can i get the same results from buffing, without worrying about the elbow joint aching all the time? I had thought about an E-file, but then i wouldn;t use it for anything else except buffing.

Can anyone come up with another idea?

Thanks.:hug:

im the same hunnio..... achey elbow city!.... well i suffer with my elbow anyway.,... so i do use an efile as well...... but nothing gets the shine like my ol snow monkey miracle shine combo

Jess
xox

The glossing buffer from CND few strokes and it shines better than giving it baffy with my girlfriend buffer. hth x

Thanks Jess, glad it ain't just me. My clients just love the shine you get with a snow monkey and prefer it to the gloss gel, which i have to say, so do i.

My clients always say i seem to go hell for leather, but the shine is excellent. Feel like i have one arm like popeye...lol.

I agree with Sarah no fuss at all with the glossing buffer or block it really is a couple of swipes hth's

The glossing buffer from CND few strokes and it shines better than giving it baffy with my girlfriend buffer. hth x

I have heard of that one, will have to look into it. EZ flow also do a few strokes buffer, but i find it wears out really quickly, how long does this one last?

I have heard of that one, will have to look into it. EZ flow also do a few strokes buffer, but i find it wears out really quickly, how long does this one last?

Well as long as you dont get any oil on it and just do the few strokes quite a while, When I was training we all ruined ours by trying to use them like a girlfriend buffer lol

imo the snow monkey lasts forever ive got one ive had for months!
where as the proshiners and the like dont last 5 mins (in my experience)

i have started to buffer more with my sandshark... use my okay one then oil and use a really old one (only dark green side) then go onto my snow monkey
and.....as ive always been told if you think youve sand sharked enough do somemore! ;)

hth

Jess
xox

imo the snow monkey lasts forever ive got one ive had for months!
where as the proshiners and the like dont last 5 mins (in my experience)

i have started to buffer more with my sandshark... use my okay one then oil and use a really old one (only dark green side) then go onto my snow monkey
and.....as ive always been told if you think youve sand sharked enough do somemore! ;)

hth

Jess
xox

I will also try this then Jess, i don't always sand shark enough actually, so maybe this is why i need to go for it when i use my snow monkey. Mine is still the original, i defo think that the snow monkey gets better with age.

I find they are great value for money,and as long lasting as the girlfriend once you use it properly,i find the block easier to use which makes it more long lasting for me iykwim :lol:

I will also try this then Jess, i don't always sand shark enough actually, so maybe this is why i need to go for it when i use my snow monkey. Mine is still the original, i defo think that the snow monkey gets better with age.

totally.... i dont wanna get a new one.... plus the more miracle shine thatsbeen worked into it over timet the better it works and the less m/s you need ;)

Hello all....I just want to add that if you graduate the abrasives you use up to the buffer, your shine will come up with very little effort....Entity files and buffers are made just for this.....if any of you are already using Entity, then you may want to try it.....at first it seems like its more work, you know this file, then that file....but the strokes are easy and really not anymore time...and the pain is not there...(I have bicep tendonitis and carpal tunnel)....I just thought I would share!

hth
Darlene:)

Thanks Jess, glad it ain't just me. My clients just love the shine you get with a snow monkey and prefer it to the gloss gel, which i have to say, so do i.

My clients always say i seem to go hell for leather, but the shine is excellent. Feel like i have one arm like popeye...lol.
just curious to what gel you're using? I'm waiting for my intense seal to arrive..meanwhile i have been hand buffing with girlfriends and miracle shines ( i dont much like the latter). my clients are looking forward to getting back to the sealant..and so am i!
i havent tried any ezflow products (yet) the snow monkey sounds very interesting!

Hello all....I just want to add that if you graduate the abrasives you use up to the buffer, your shine will come up with very little effort....Entity files and buffers are made just for this.....if any of you are already using Entity, then you may want to try it.....at first it seems like its more work, you know this file, then that file....but the strokes are easy and really not anymore time...and the pain is not there...(I have bicep tendonitis and carpal tunnel)....I just thought I would share!

hth
Darlene:)

With EZFlow you do the same (well with any system). you go through 4 stages of files and then use the snow monkey with miracle shine with EZFlow. So, yeah by the time Wendy has got to the snow monkey shiner she has got little work to do really. Think what she is saying is the buffing bit can be hard work (especially when you've got client after client).

I dunno Wendy! I use Creative as you know and EZflow... but I will NEVER stop using the snow monkey with the m.shine! I don't think there is another answer for your system unless you do cut out the sand shark and snow monkey and just top coat with your gel it? I do find if you're used to buffing to a shine, then revert to UV top coat, you will not be satisfied in your own eyes! jmo

With EZFlow you do the same (well with any system). you go through 4 stages of files and then use the snow monkey with miracle shine with EZFlow. So, yeah by the time Wendy has got to the snow monkey shiner she has got little work to do really. Think what she is saying is the buffing bit can be hard work (especially when you've got client after client).

I dunno Wendy! I use Creative as you know and EZflow... but I will NEVER stop using the snow monkey with the m.shine! I don't think there is another answer for your system unless you do cut out the sand shark and snow monkey and just top coat with your gel it? I do find if you're used to buffing to a shine, then revert to UV top coat, you will not be satisfied in your own eyes! jmo

I totally agree with you Kirsten, i used to use a gel top coat to save the elbow work, but it isn't the same and as you say, it's not as good. I think i will just have to do exercises and build up my buffing muscles. pmsl.:lol:

The Gel it finishing gel is fabulous though, thin as polish and beautiful shine.

Generally though I use the Creative finishing block....get quite a few uses out of them....also I charge extra if they have Finish It!

Actually probably the same price to use Finish It! as Miracle Shine as it ain't cheap lol!

I would agree with what's been said before, working down your files and I love my snow monkey and miracle shine, but if your elbow is giving you problems then Ezflow's uv 30 is fantastic and gives a fabulous shine :)

hth

Latest posts

Back