Bulb life - on zero, should I keep going?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
My CND lamp is indicating that I am using my bulbs on zero minutes left...must I change them or keep going til they give up?

My CND lamp is indicating that I am using my bulbs on zero minutes left...must I change them or keep going til they give up?

One of my girls found out yesterday that the lamp will just stop working when the bulbs are 'out of minutes'.

Why would you want to and risk undercuring?

you HAVE to change them when there's no minutes left as the lamp will actually just shut down and will not restart until new bulbs and the timer is reset.

It's really your choice what you do but if your lamp is saying "0 minutes left" then it's saying it because they need changing and this is there to help you to offer the best possible service by making sure your products are cured correctly.
By continuing on until they die, this will only put the product and clients at risk and put you at risk of having clients leave because they get service breakdown.
There is no positive outcome really if you choose to continue using globes with "0 minutes" left.

I can't imagine the bulbs will continue for very much longer after 0 hours ... probably 59 more minutes.

The lamp seems to be built with a fail safe mechanism and the lamp will just shut down when the bulbs reach their limit.

One of my girls found out yesterday that the lamp will just stop working when the bulbs are 'out of minutes'.

Well that's what happened last time, I've been waiting for it to just stop but it's not.

I just don't want to put new in if there's some life left, I want to make the most of them.

Dumb question but where on the lamp does it tell you how much time you have left in your bulbs ??

And there's my answer!! Doing my own and it's stopped! Bulbs changed. 😋

Dumb question but where on the lamp does it tell you how much time you have left in your bulbs ??

The bulbs have one hundred hours of life.

To find out how many hours you have left - just press the reset button and keep your finger on it until the amount shows up - once this happens remove your finger from the button.

I always buy new bulbs when I have 10 hours left (although I usually have spare bulbs in stock at all times just in case) and wouldn't wait until the lamp cut out, as I could be in the middle of a service.

HTHS

I had to change my bulbs when I had 40 odd hours left , as my Brisa Gel wasn't curing properly and my shellac was chipping quickly . I was told that I must been putting it on too thick ( I wasn't ) . Changed the bulbs and problems solved instantly , so I don't really believe that you can always get a full 100 hours from cnd bulbs .

I have been using my CND lamp for two and a half years now and have never had any issues with my bulbs.

However, for optimum cure you need to ensure the bulbs don't have dust on them or a lot of cured product such as Shellac or Gel on them.

I have been using my CND lamp for two and a half years now and have never had any issues with my bulbs.

However, for optimum cure you need to ensure the bulbs don't have dust on them or a lot of cured product such as Shellac or Gel on them.

My bulbs where spotless they always are , may of been a dud set I dont know but I did not get a full 100 hours - seen others say similar too x

I too have been using my CND Lamps for over 2 years and have never ever had a problem with the bulbs.
I regularly check the bulbs by taking the lid off, turn them after 50 hours and make sure they are not lose.
I have used many sets of bulbs, I use them until I have 1 hour left then change them to make sure I get the optimum cure.

How quickly are you using your bulbs though ? As my first set that had 40 hours left had been in my lamp for 9months (im in my first 12 months of doing shellac so not busy everyday just yet ) I know some can use up their 100 hours within 3months are they are busy xx

How quickly are you using your bulbs though ? As my first set that had 40 hours left had been in my lamp for 9months (im in my first 12 months of doing shellac so not busy everyday just yet ) I know some can use up their 100 hours within 3months are they are busy xx

That won't make any difference.

There is no best before date on your bulbs, so if you don't use your lamp for 6 months, they won't be affected at all. :)

I'd been worrying about my bulbs because I still have hours in them but was picking up on here that they should be changed after 6 months even if there is a good few hours left in them.
I've just bought new bulbs so I have them there when I need to change but its good to know that the bulbs are good for the whole 100 hours, irrespective of how long it takes to use the hours!
Must flip them actually.

I look at it this way: When your car is running low on petrol do you wait until the counter says "zero miles left" before refuelling? Of course not! You wouldnt want to risk running out of petrol in the middle of a journey, so you fill up when its low, sometimes very low, but you dont wait till its actually run out. Same goes for bulbs. Wait until they're down to one hour by all means, but once its hit that I would change them even if the bulbs are still working. If they conk out on you mid service it doesnt look great, and takes your time up having to change them

I look at it this way: When your car is running low on petrol do you wait until the counter says "zero miles left" before refuelling? Of course not! You wouldnt want to risk running out of petrol in the middle of a journey, so you fill up when its low, sometimes very low, but you dont wait till its actually run out. Same goes for bulbs. Wait until they're down to one hour by all means, but once its hit that I would change them even if the bulbs are still working. If they conk out on you mid service it doesnt look great, and takes your time up having to change them

Good analogy, I can work with that! Thank you 😊

Latest posts

Back