Bunny wunny wabbits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

My friends rabbit has had babies which are now about 8 weeks old & ready to be re-homed.

She thinks she has 2 girls & 2 boys but should be getting them sexed properly tomorrow.

Now, I've promised my daughters a new fluffy bunnie wunnie wabbit as an early Christmas present.

My friend is keeping one of the babies & I would like 2 of them to keep each other company.

I know very little about rabbits so is it best to have 2 boys, 2 girls or 1 of each (obviously the boy would need to be 'seen to' so we don't end up with babies lol).

Any help much appreciated x

Hi, we have two bunnies who are brother and sister, born last new years day and they get on great. We had the male done before the female was old enough to have babies and thought she might get broody but so far no problems. They love each others company, always snuggling up to each other. The only problem we got them for our 2 sons aged 9 and 11, but guess who ends up cleaning them, ME..xx

hiya...its not really a prob as long as you have them neutered...which can be done at 4 months old...if out door rabbits well worth having them vac against myxo and a nasty viral disease called VHD both vac can be done at 8 weeks old and cost bout £15 each..if you have any other questions i.e feeding etc just message me hun...

hiya...its not really a prob as long as you have them neutered...which can be done at 4 months old...if out door rabbits well worth having them vac against myxo and a nasty viral disease called VHD both vac can be done at 8 weeks old and cost bout £15 each..if you have any other questions i.e feeding etc just message me hun...

Excellent advice already given by divadeva. I had two girl rabbits as they apparently don't fight, but its best to have them neautured then it dosnt matter.

Defo ensure you get them vaccinated against myxie. Mine were both outdoors and caught myxie and died a horrible death. It was really upsetting for my kids and me. Its worth every penny to save heartache. I had never considered it before mine died.

Hope your children love their pressie. And hope you love cleaning them out just as much lol!!

Kate xx

Excellent advice already given by divadeva. I had two girl rabbits as they apparently don't fight, but its best to have them neautured then it dosnt matter.

Defo ensure you get them vaccinated against myxie. Mine were both outdoors and caught myxie and died a horrible death. It was really upsetting for my kids and me. Its worth every penny to save heartache. I had never considered it before mine died.

Hope your children love their pressie. And hope you love cleaning them out just as much lol!!

Kate xx

lol, i'm used to clearing up after poop. I've got 2 children, a dog & we have had a rabbit up until recently so used to clearing out hutches. (and here I am going through it all again, I must be mad :)).

Thanks for the advice gals x

I had 5 chickens, 2 rabbits, 3 cats, a dog and fish along with the 3 children that wanted said animals. It was a nightmare trying to work and look after the house the kids and the pets!!! I have learnt my lesson the hard way. Gave the dog away, the rabbits and fish died still have the cats and gave the chicks away too.

Want my chickens back but we live in rented at the minute and they smell!

Why do we do it to ourselves lol!

Hope your kids love their bunnies.

Kate x

I had 5 chickens, 2 rabbits, 3 cats, a dog and fish along with the 3 children that wanted said animals. It was a nightmare trying to work and look after the house the kids and the pets!!! I have learnt my lesson the hard way. Gave the dog away, the rabbits and fish died still have the cats and gave the chicks away too.

Want my chickens back but we live in rented at the minute and they smell!

Why do we do it to ourselves lol!

Hope your kids love their bunnies.

Kate x

Blimey!! I think, no, I know, I will be stopping at the dog & 2 rabbits.

Our beloved pooch Lucy is now 8 1/2 but I defo won't get another one when she finally departs.

Now off to go pick them up :green:

Hi geeks,

My friends rabbit has had babies which are now about 8 weeks old & ready to be re-homed.

She thinks she has 2 girls & 2 boys but should be getting them sexed properly tomorrow.

Now, I've promised my daughters a new fluffy bunnie wunnie wabbit as an early Christmas present.

My friend is keeping one of the babies & I would like 2 of them to keep each other company.

I know very little about rabbits so is it best to have 2 boys, 2 girls or 1 of each (obviously the boy would need to be 'seen to' so we don't end up with babies lol).

Any help much appreciated x
i have a black rabbit called bubble shesadorable but im living in a flat now with my boyfriend so i had to leave her at my mum and dads. i clean it out once a week and its let out in the garden each day for about 3 hours if its rainy or too cold she goes in our lane. you also have to sit them on your knee and stroke them alot to tame them. mine licks you and follows you around. she also lives in one of theseOmlet UK | Product and Services | Rabbits | introduction which if you love your rabbit you would buy. it keeps them warm in winter and hot in summer but they are 200 quid. but they are meant to last 15 odd years

Does anyone live in Southampton and by chance know if anyone has lost 3 rabbits, maybe they just let them go. They are 3 boys (grey and white and one grey) and so friendly and tame. Iam keeping them in a large conservatory for now but wish to find a home for them if I cannot find the owner. They were taken to Portswood police station Sunday 21st December and I ended up with them...long story. Huge animal lover but need to rehome them soon. They are too tame to be let lose in the country they would not survive. They cannot be separated as all get on so well. If you can help please call 07772 700232. Many thanks and Happy New Year to everyone. Fiona x

if you have a pets at home near you ..they have adoption centres...i am sure if you explain whats happened they will take them in and rehome themfor you hun..x

Latest posts

Back