Butterfly100 & Traceylouise...i think ive done it..(rockstar toes) my 2nd attempt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra1984

Reaction score
Hello again.. ive have taken your very good advice, In the end i mixed a ratio of my glitter wuth my finish clear and applied with a gel brush.. and i think..... It looks loads better!! I might till not have it perfect yet but im counting on you girls to tell me? Answers please...Alex xxx:)

i have uploaded some more pictures in my album, maybe actually some that are slightly better for loooking at faults.. Clearer image. x

Last edited:
these look great well done i think they look alot neater
the only thing i will say is try to make the margin just a little bit smaller but im sure you can see this yourself and realise that its just practice.having said that i do understand why you have done it decent margin as that was what was picked out last time so im sure you were just being cautious
the glitter looks very sparkly though i love it
how did you find applying it with a brush?

Ah thanks Tracey... Im not saying i found it easy but it was a bloody breeze compared to tapping glitter on ..ha ha.. So thank you very very much.I feel 100% better now xx

I love them-they must look great !!!!

Ah thank you so much, Its really lovely to get compliments, It is what makes all the hard work and tears worth while. They are my sisters toes, I did them on Saturday but she text me yesterday to say the 4th toe had come off:( ...very disappointed.. :cry:How am i meant to do them on paying clients?? I did the proper Preperation too?? why oh why???.. I love your cute little avatar by the way!!

xx

thank you!!!!
Due to my experiences with Glitterpowder and Gel-and I did a lot bcs. I love any kind of it-
bcs. Glitter is a "lot of material" in the gel-sometimes it does not harden properly-esp. if you want it to look totally covered.
*For me* for the toes the best way is:
proper PREP, then a thin base of strong BaseGel or 1PhaseGel, dont clean, put an other VERY thin layer where you want the glitter to stick, with an old brush I put on the glitter very tight, with some metall tool I press it on thightly to get it really flat, and put it in the lamp for 2 min.
After that I blow away the non sticking glitter-not brush-it may com off too much. Then I put on a good layer of 1PhaseGel-wrap the edge properly-and try not to touch or push the glitter-just put the Gel on "flowting" -in the lamp for 2x2min.
Then shape-trying not to reach the glitter :)
And then I seal it with an UV-TopCoat for more shine- and in the lamp 2min.
This way it never came off, bcs. the glitter is properly wrapped in 2 layers of a strong 1PhaseGel. :green:

Latest posts

Back