Buying more than one domain name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabtans

Reaction score
HI,
So sorry if this is listed somewhere ( I have beens seaching for over an hr)!

Ive absorbed a huge amount of useful info from here regarding the steps to follow in order to build a website. This site is invaluable at times!

My question is (and bare with me I am such a numpty regarding this topic)......when you search (for example) with 123.reg for your preferred domain name you may get several suggestions ending in co.uk, .com etc.
I then search for a similar domain name and also have the choice of buying .co.uk .com etc domains using that different but similar name.
The domains I am entering are either linked to my current business name FABTANS OR I am entering what I feel local potential customers may search under ex; 'spraytanningtrowbridge' ....What (if any) benefits are there in purchasing ALL the relavant/connected domain names to my business please?
THANK YOU in advance, off to take a couple of headache tablets now!! x:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have bought so many domain names for various websites that I had and I often bought both the .com and the .co.uk so that I could secure the domain without someone else buying it, I think I ended up withover 20 in the end!!. So I have let some expire and retained some of the more popular and just pointed them to one website. One of the main problems now is that are are so many other options now as well the .com and co.uk.. so it can be very expensive if you have lots of different ones. There are often lots of ways that you can improve your SEO and get your website to appear without having to buy loads of domain names.

HTH jack

Thank you.
Another light bulb gone off in my dim head!:idea: That makes sense...more time spent on incorporating key phrases local customers may search for me into the website itself - rather than purchasing an endless list of possible domains which relate to search titles?
Just need to understand this before I press the 'confirm order' button!

You should buy .com and .co.uk You could try to find something like eg nailstrowbridge.co.uk or tanning-trowbridge.co.uk depends what you do. You can use Google Adwords to find out what key phrases people search for.

Latest posts

Back