Calgel glitter gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi there, I am hoping someone could please shed some light on my situation. I have purchased 4 or 5 glitter gels from Calgel. I purchaesd them about a year ago - proberly under. I have used each and every one only about 1 or twice. slowly I started to notice that the glitter gels where curing in their pots. I made sure they were stored correctly out of sun, heat ect. made sure they were not near uv light ect. I got a bit miffed about it, but then lost it when I realised all my gels which contained glitter or glitter paritlecs in them had cured like this in their pots. I contacted the lady whom I purchased them from and the only awnser i got was " it happens to me too. Oh well, its just one of those things" - this is not ok in my book. so when I found more of my gels like this I contacted head office who asked me to send the gels up to them and offered to replace them. I would like to point out that I did not ask for replacements - just advice in case it was something I did worng. any way I sent up the gel and was greeted by a rude email saying that the gels where over 2 years old! and that in all fairness I can not expect them to give me new ones. When I told the person concerned that it was ok if I did not get replacement but I did purchase them in the time frame I had said - I was basiclty made out to be a liar and chancer! It was implied that I was out for free gel!!!!!!!!

what should I do? and have any of you had this problem?

Hi there, I am hoping someone could please shed some light on my situation. I have purchased 4 or 5 glitter gels from Calgel. I purchaesd them about a year ago - proberly under. I have used each and every one only about 1 or twice. slowly I started to notice that the glitter gels where curing in their pots. I made sure they were stored correctly out of sun, heat ect. made sure they were not near uv light ect. I got a bit miffed about it, but then lost it when I realised all my gels which contained glitter or glitter paritlecs in them had cured like this in their pots. I contacted the lady whom I purchased them from and the only awnser i got was " it happens to me too. Oh well, its just one of those things" - this is not ok in my book. so when I found more of my gels like this I contacted head office who asked me to send the gels up to them and offered to replace them. I would like to point out that I did not ask for replacements - just advice in case it was something I did worng. any way I sent up the gel and was greeted by a rude email saying that the gels where over 2 years old! and that in all fairness I can not expect them to give me new ones. When I told the person concerned that it was ok if I did not get replacement but I did purchase them in the time frame I had said - I was basiclty made out to be a liar and chancer! It was implied that I was out for free gel!!!!!!!!

what should I do? and have any of you had this problem?

did you buy them from the authourised distributor ?

You must still have the invoice from when you bought them so then you can prove the date of purchase.

yes I did

then i would expect them to replace it. if there is an issue with it being past its best because the gel is old, then the distributor shouldnt be selling you old stock. i would contact the head office again offering some proof of the purchase date or have a word with the distributor.

Carol, I am assuming that you are dealing with a distributor directly in South Africa? If this is the case and you are not happy with the customer service you are receiving in this matter, then I would suggest that you contact Calgel Head Office directly in the UK.

You can either email them on [email protected] or telephone 0845 2301087 (after international/country code, I think you drop the first 0). Izabelle Hammon is the CEO to Calgel and the staff at headoffice are lovely. They are proud of their product and I'm sure you would find them helpful.

This is what I would do if in your shoes. I agree that gels should not be setting after a year or even a year plus if you are sure you are storing them correctly. The fact that it is happening to the glitter gels means there could be a problem with the particular batch.

I have recently had a good experience with Calgel at Luton (UK). My Colour 21 (lilac) was contaminated with little black bits and although I purchased it in Sept 2006 and did not open it until May 2007 they exchanged it without any quible. They did say that I should have checked it within 24 hours of receiving it to be covered by their returns policy, but on this occassion they did exchange it. I have Diamond and that had a disc of cured gel in the bottom which seems to have most of the glitter in it
icon_evil.gif
but I have had it for nearly 2 years. It is still usable but not as glittery as when I first used it. I presume it is leaving the lid of while using it that cured a top layer that has now sunk. I have not had the lid off much but it did not take long as it is like the clear gel and only takes 30 seconds to cure. I have not had this trouble with any coloured gel. I have not used all the glitter gels but assume they are in clear gel not the coloured in which case they will set rather quickly when the lid is off.

Carol, I am assuming that you are dealing with a distributor directly in South Africa? If this is the case and you are not happy with the customer service you are receiving in this matter, then I would suggest that you contact Calgel Head Office directly in the UK.

You can either email them on [email protected] or telephone 0845 2301087 (after international/country code, I think you drop the first 0). Izabelle Hammon is the CEO to Calgel and the staff at headoffice are lovely. They are proud of their product and I'm sure you would find them helpful.

This is what I would do if in your shoes. I agree that gels should not be setting after a year or even a year plus if you are sure you are storing them correctly. The fact that it is happening to the glitter gels means there could be a problem with the particular batch.

Hi there

thank you for the advice, the only problem is that here in south africa, if I contact the head office in the uk, then it turns out to be a whole nasty affair on this end. Calgel here is very small and if you get on the worng side of them then everyone you buy from knows! that is what is worrying me. I really am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have lost a lot of money now.

Hi there

thank you for the advice, the only problem is that here in south africa, if I contact the head office in the uk, then it turns out to be a whole nasty affair on this end. Calgel here is very small and if you get on the worng side of them then everyone you buy from knows! that is what is worrying me. I really am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have lost a lot of money now.
But this is wrong Carol and although I understand that you are trying to handle a bad situation sensitively, the SA Calgel should not be allowed to get away with it. Unless customers complain, poor service continues to be delivered.

I feel certain that somebody like Izabelle Hammon would not approve of this treatment of customers be they SA or UK based. This is her business and in her shoes I would want to have this dealt with professionally and
correctly:hug:.

But this is wrong Carol and although I understand that you are trying to handle a bad situation sensitively, the SA Calgel should not be allowed to get away with it. Unless customers complain, poor service continues to be delivered.

I feel certain that somebody like Izabelle Hammon would not approve of this treatment of customers be they SA or UK based. This is her business and in her shoes I would want to have this dealt with professionally and
correctly:hug:.
g\\

guess what? I emailed the same person whom I have been dealing with here about the gels to ask them a question for a client who is going over to the UK. In my response back from him, he told me he contacted Izabelle Hammon for the enquiry, I get the impression from him that he is very friendly with her.

I understand with what you are saying, but if he is friends with her I dont want to rock the boat to much as this guy swears blindly that I am out for free product. Here in south africa choice is very limited. this could effect me being supplied.

Latest posts

Back