Calgel or Biosculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choc choc

Reaction score
any advice on which company to go with pros cons etc. had a search but still not sure any help would be great.

Well I am a true Calgel girl :), But I have just booked a Bio day course. So there is your answer really, best to train with both lol.

Calgel are lovely and helpful, no minimum order, 30 sec curing time for clear gel, roughly the same price for products but the down side is the lack of colours.

Bio on the other hand -The colour range is outstanding and the new sculpting edge gel I just have to try! but they want a minimum order of £40 and I hate that bit. But I have mulled the idea of training with them for a while and now is the right time for me as so many clients want more colours.
I have some long standing clients who have been through all the Calgel colours and I need to expand so Bio has come to my aid.

I just have to add tho. The Bio Swirl application brushes are the best I have ever used and I have tried a lot of others.

Can you get to a trade show before you choose to test out the gels as this may save you a lot of money as trianing is expensive?

I hope this helps.

Calgel for me! Great & friendly and efficient customer service and always very helpful. Refresher courses, great colours which can be matched with polishes, self leveling gel which is strong enough for enhancements for both tips and sculpts, not rubbery and soaks off easily which I favour.

Calgel for me.I have never tried bio so do not know how it compares in use.
The only advantage i feel bio has is that it is more well known.Their advertising and promotion is a lot better and more ''out there'' than Calgel.

I am a Calgel lover, its great for natural nail overlays and strong on tip and overlay, the customer service from all the staff at Luton Head office is exceptional. No minimum order and next day delivery.

However, I am looking into training with bio too, there colour range is vast, and my clients are requesting new colours. Both companies have excellent reputations.

You could always try an insight day into both before you make your decision. I know Calgel do this at Luton.

Best wishes with whatever you choose.

BioSculpture for me...no contest. I have looked at both extensively, and at one point considered switching to Calgel (I even trialled it), but they just couldn't come up with the goods for me.

On the upside Calgel does have a great customer service and no minimum order, but having now used both gels, I really prefer Bio Sculpture.

Calgel yellowed quite badly on me....not just on the nails, but a pot of clear had gone yellow by the time I got to the bottom (admittedly not very fast, but I still don't expect that) Bio used to yellow, but since the introduction of S-gel that never happens now.

The Bio colour range is quite a bit larger and seems to have more selection, and the Free Edge sculpting gel is out of this world. It allows for the most gorgeous natural sculpt....I don't believe Calgel has the equivalent. I can knock a set of Bio Sculpts out now in less than an hour...

And the most important thing....Bio Sculpture is known and asked for by clients.....I have had people ring me up and specifically request Bio Sculpture.....several times. I've never had a call for Calgel. Bio Sculpture have also taken to advertising in woman magazines and clients have noticed it.

And ok the minimum order is annoying, but I've always ordered more anyway apart from the one time I needed an item in a panic, so I collected in person and they put aside the minimum order for that.

I love calgel, and think it is a fantastic gel for natural nail overlays, which is what i do most of. However, I am toying with training with Bio, and have just received their info pack through, as they do have a larger colour range. As mentioned, i do have clients who have worked their way through the majority of the calgel colours, and have nothing left to offer them. Money permitting, i will train with Bio with a view to offering both.

Biosculpture, due to colour selection. And their new brushes are fantastic

Bio Sculpture for me!
Ive never had to spent a minimum order with them, and i love there customer service and help if you every need it.
PLUS ....i just love the application.

Personally I dont think it makes much difference, Im a user of Calgel but just recently have looked at biosculpture because of the colour range...as for customer service....calgel are helpful when you ring up, but I dont have emails or a call to ask how things are going etc. It would be nice to know what was coming up in the way of Calgel and the nail market

If you can afford it do both just now. If not go with Calgel first then Bio later on when you can afford it. Just my opinion, its a lot of money i know.

I use Bio, mainly because their branding is so strong and people ask for it by name.

My local distributor is very helpful and I collect so no minimum order for me.

The colours are fab as are their matching varnishes. I've had no problems with yellowing nor with soaking off.

HTH's Louise x

Like some of the other guys... I've tried both gels. I prefer Biosculpture for the ease of its application. All gels shrink, however, I found that Calgel shrunk quicker more than Bisoculpture. I also find the consistency of the gel to be slighly runnier. These are all my personal experience, some people might disagree.

The only things about Bisoculpture that I dont like is that their gels have a rubbery texture and you have to be careful with them when you are doing infills. Calgel on the other hand is easier has it files done easily and sensibly!
Biosculpture needs to improve thei clear gel, its not strong and it yellows on some clients.

Overall, Bio is the winner for me. Their customer service is another issue:)

bio sculpture is great. I did the course years ago and have used it since. I wanted to try the s-gel when that came out but was told that I would have to do a refreser course to train me to use the s-gel. I decided to stick to the old clear gels and sculpture gels. do u think u should have to pay to retrain to use the new gel? am I being too picky?

i trained with calgel but never got my certificate ! the colours aint as nice as bio so im thinking of tring them out -however iv just bought brisa colours and im very impressed ! just gotta do a bit of tweaking like preventing chips but i think i may have applied too thick soo ill have another play x

how do u prevent chips on bio ? do u find its strong enof ontips ? x

how do u prevent chips on bio ?

Cap the Free Edge, and ensure your bulbs are up to scratch

do u find its strong enof ontips ? x

No....I no longer use it over tips and only sculpt with Bio

HTH x

Latest posts

Back