Call from Yell.com - I've not even advertised with'em!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hiya, I wondered if anyone else has had this?

I advertised on a free listing search site today (Hotfrog not Yell) and within an hour I had some guy ring up and leave a message about how I needed to ring him to finalise my ad with Yell (?)

Seems strange to me :irked:

When I was a Field Sales Rep for Thomson Local we had what we called NOF's (Not On File). These were businesses not already on the dataase and a great way of getting new business ... I am sure this is how they got your details ... and the other bit would probably just be a sales technique to get you interested!

They find out who you are by one means or another (hotfrog may have been a coincidence) and then call you up to see if you want a Yell ad. May as well talk to them - nowt wrong with a free listing on Yell too!

Yeah, I thought they'd get my details some how or other :) No hiding on t'inernet is there?!

I have actually placed a free listing on Yell.com today along with some others which I'll start a new thread about as I think it would be of interest and more people would look at it.

Thanks for your input guys :)

xx

I had a call from them today too but missed it so dont know what they wanted??

Latest posts

Back