Calling all e-file users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmberlei

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Before i go on my training course for the e-file, i wondered if you could tell me which drill 'bits' are the best for gel nails? im buying the file without any bits and i wondered what types are the best and why? There are so many, i dont know which ones to buy for my course???Help!

Cheers in advance xxx

No drill bits are good for gel, there should be no need for them at all, unless you are using it to create a runline for white gel free edges.
I recommend using your product line better before resorting to unnecessary shortcuts.

I must admit I do not use the drill on gel nails. Gel is quite soft and doesnt really need a lot of filing once the application is correct. But I do drill under the nails (carefully) on infill appointments to remove discolouration and dirt. I use a very small, diamond drill piece. Hope that helps!

I just use a medium grit sanding arbor band to file off the old white inorder to do infills. I don't have any other bits, never had a need for them.

Joanne

I use a diamond cone bit (for around the cuticle and for cleaning under the free edge). I use a diamond backfill bit for do my french fills, along with a fine grit arbor band.

Try Deb Jacklin's message board. There is lots of info there directed towards gels and using your e-file with gels. Here is a link:

Just Nailz

I also use the sanding bit. Have fun in class, I LOVE my e-file! At first I was nervous about using it considering the bad rep it gets from the pain caused by the NSS shops, but it turns out that once you have been trained well, it is a great tool. Best of luck!

I also use the sanding bit. Have fun in class, I LOVE my e-file! At first I was nervous about using it considering the bad rep it gets from the pain caused by the NSS shops, but it turns out that once you have been trained well, it is a great tool. Best of luck!

Thanks all for your imput! I know, as some of u have commented, that some are opposed to efiles but i think when coming to infills, they could be of enormous benefit. I think i have the application fine, its the infills/rebalance that i was looking to buy a file for.

Some products (such as efiles) work for some and not for others and i do believe that people are to sharp to judge others how they work just becasue they want to try new things. Thanks for the luck, im really excited! I will definatly have alook into your suggestions!

xxx

Evening all!

Just wanted to update you and let you know i have now bought the NC3000 from Shesto and its fab!!!! Booked on training course but not until January!!!!:sad:

Anyway....are there any good links regarding gels and efiles??? Lizzy Lizzy gave me a link Just Nailz but i cant seem to find anything...probably just me. Can anyone else point me in the right direction?????

Evening all!

Booked on training course but not until January!!!!:sad: ...
Anyway....are there any good links regarding gels and efiles???

Hi Hun,
Ms Sensible needs to speak! :)
If I were you, I would put that new tool of yours away in a cupboard until January!
Reading up is fine, as long as its just in preparation for your course, but that is all!!
Hopefully you will learn all you need to know about drill bits etc. at the time, ask your tutor for advice, but NO HOME PRACTICE UNTIL THEN! :lol: :hug:

Hi Hun,
Ms Sensible needs to speak! :)
If I were you, I would put that new tool of yours away in a cupboard until January!
Reading up is fine, as long as its just in preparation for your course, but that is all!!
Hopefully you will learn all you need to know about drill bits etc. at the time, ask your tutor for advice, but NO HOME PRACTICE UNTIL THEN! :lol: :hug:

Thankyou Ms Sensible! lol. I just wanted to know like whats the best bits to buy for gel filing....where the best place to get them..if people find it alot better or worse with it..... im excited! I bought my efile but it has no bits and i have to buy some...thats the reason.... can anyone advise??? Cheers xxx

My e-file has saved my life! (slight exaggeration) but I do so many infills it has literally ruined my posture.

I just use medium sanding bands (disposable) to remove old white, or thin the enhancement down on gel but only on the ends and zone 2 (after a few fills it can get thick) and it keeps the enhancement nice and smooth.

My e-file has saved my life! (slight exaggeration) but I do so many infills it has literally ruined my posture.

I just use medium sanding bands (disposable) to remove old white, or thin the enhancement down on gel but only on the ends and zone 2 (after a few fills it can get thick) and it keeps the enhancement nice and smooth.

Thanks for the advice!!!! xxx:)

Hi Geeks,

Before i go on my training course for the e-file, i wondered if you could tell me which drill 'bits' are the best for gel nails? im buying the file without any bits and i wondered what types are the best and why? There are so many, i dont know which ones to buy for my course???Help!

Cheers in advance xxx

The lady at the course has drill bits that she uses and will tell you which ones to get.

Diamond cut are the best, they last the longest but are more expensive.

She only uses 3 or 4 bits, a barrel, a small barrel, under nail cleaner and I cant remember the other one (if there was one)

HTH

Rachel

Evening all!

Just wanted to update you and let you know i have now bought the NC3000 from Shesto and its fab!!!! Booked on training course but not until January!!!!:sad:

Anyway....are there any good links regarding gels and efiles??? Lizzy Lizzy gave me a link Just Nailz but i cant seem to find anything...probably just me. Can anyone else point me in the right direction?????

Try the Akzentz DVD #1 (full set with tips) or 2(full set sculpted and then filled). An efile is used through out and it's very upclose.

Latest posts

Back