Calling all gel users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Gel System Do you Rate !!!!!

• Brisa

Votes: 75 31.3%
  • Bio Sculpture

Votes: 37 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 134 55.8%

• Total voters

Reaction score
Ok

I know there are a lot of gel users out there and myself i use brisa but i know that some use bio sculpture.

some have used bio, done brisa and gone back.

my questions are what do you use

why

what do you like about

what would you like from a gel system

look forward to hearing your replies

also why do clients think gel is better for their nails.

Hunny, Little Angel did a poll similar to this recently so you may get some advice of there. Brisa and Bio are such different gels that it would not be fair to compare them. I know Bio is great for NNOs and is soak off with lots of different colours, whereas Brisa is much stronger and is a buff off.

Personally i use Bio. i have never used brisa so dont know whats its like but ive heard it doesnt soak off so in that respect i would prefer bio.

my friend went on hols 4 weeks ago for 2 weeks. she was in and out of the pool all day on the beach etc. she showed me her toes last night that i had done and they're still totally intact and looking great. i felt really proud! and she loves them, and says she will have them on all the time.

for me im sold. bio is fab and theres no way id change over as i have no problems with it. its also great for colours but i find most of my clients prefer french anyway!

xxx

I use Brisa, as I like is strength and look, I am still struggling with its application but that’s me and not the product.

I don’t rate Bio Scultpture due there training on how to market their products!

Only just 5 minutes ago I took a call from a potential new client looking for a gel infill on her Biosculpture overlays. Her opening line was Do you do gel nails as I want Gels as I've been told they are kinder to my nails :( well I cant tell you how much it irritates me to hear this statement and it something I hear all too often from anyone enquiry that wears BioSculpture - why does this company tell their technicians such baloney, and I can't believe this is a purley a coincidence, as its only the Biosculpture clients that say this to me I wish I knew..

Phew sorry for this vent but I had to get that off my chest as it really winds me up

PS I realise there are many BioScultpture Technians that don't sell on this premise so please dont take it personally

I use BIO SCULPTURE, Brisa and IBD. I love ALL products for different reasons!!!:)

Here is why i like each one......

BIO SCULPTURE
  • FLEXIBLE. Will not crack, i swear my life on this!!:) You can reduce the length of nails at refill time by clipping them!!! Can clip away lifting!
  • COLOUR RANGE. Heaps of colours, and if the colour does not exist, you mix it!
  • SOAKS OFF.
  • SELF LEVELS impercerbly.
  • LOW DUST, almost none.
  • SUPPORT and TRAINING is professional, supportive and thourough.
BRISA
  • EAST TO FILE and buff.
  • DOES NOT YELLOW at all!!!
  • French white is BRIGHT WHITE.
  • STRONG.
  • VALUE FOR MONEY.
IBD
  • COLOUR RANGE is great and very affordable.
  • VALUE FOR MONEY.
  • SELF LEVELS beautifully, their clear gel levels as flawlessly as what Bio S does.
  • BUILDER GEL is abslolutley amazingly strong for sculptures. I swear by it for this.
  • RARE LIFTING, most of my IBD gel clients never get any.
OK, here is MY PERSONAL reason why i beleive clients say gel is better for their nails...................

Firstly MOST, not all, technicians seem to apply gel much thiner than acrylic, hence when you smash a nail, the damage isant as painful, the prodcut, being thinner, gives more.

Secondly, my clients have said that when they smash a nail with gel, the gel 'pops' away from the nail, leaving the natural nail in tact. When they smash an acrylic nail, they find it takes all of the free edge of the nail with it.

Thirdly, It seems gel is being marketed as the Hypo-allergenic alternative in natural nail care, and clients have this impression in their minds.

Hope this is helpful and makes sense.
Scuse my spelling!!:)

cnd girl through n through:green:

I've never tried Brisa but would be really interested in doing so as I have heard so much good suff about it. I have trained in Bio Sculpture and I have no complaints with their system or the support they offer. The gel is on the pricy side but I do think you get what you pay for. The colours are fab as well! :)

Would have been good to see more gel systems in the poll, not just 2 as you won't get a clear response from this. Brisa and Bio are just 2 of many good gels in the market. LCN should definatley be there as it is a really superior gel in my opinion, and I know other geeks agree.

hi

i used i.b.d

the only one i really like
never tried brisa

have tried nsi balance, that is ok too

I've used LCN and IBD and OPI and Designer Nails Phase Gel, but Brisa is the one I have had the best and longest lasting results with for my clients and it is also the one that has stayed looking wonderful for the longest time. It is very strong too so never had an issue when L&P clients have changed to it or Visa Versa. So for me it is Creative Brisa Gels.

Ok

I know there are a lot of gel users out there and myself i use brisa but i know that some use bio sculpture.

some have used bio, done brisa and gone back.

my questions are what do you use

why

what do you like about

what would you like from a gel system

look forward to hearing your replies

also why do clients think gel is better for their nails.

Hi, Tracey,
I was trained in LCN and liked the product once I really got into working with my own clients but found the products not to be consistant, in texture or color. 'Seemed each pot would be different. I sculpt and rarely use tips.
I had the opportunity to use Brisa a few months ago and just loved it, the way it can be applied so thinly and still be strong. It fit me well- seems to self level better for me. I, like Sassy, introduced it to my salon with the intention of using both, but my clients and I were so happy am now Brisa all the way!
LCN's phasique was not white enough for me , the FM white was nice, but difficult to keep in place long enough to create a good smile .........I FELL IN LOVE WITH BRISA POW! :hug: It just seems to melt in place, I am mastering the sculpting white quite well now too.
I do not like the packaging for the Brisa finishing gloss or the POW. I don't want to get shot for saying this :cry: but I tend not to like enhancement products that you can paint on straight from a bottle, ( except nail polish) it seems less professional to the client ( THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION!!!) so I transfer to other little pots I have and use my regular gel brush to apply.
Good luck, whatever you chose it will have to fit you and your needs.

mine is Calgel and Akzentz - I love both x

Crikey this thread is nearly a year old! I am still loving Brisa, although I agree I prefer the finishing gloss and white paint gel in open pots like LCN use. Maybe that's more to do with that's what I first started with and so prefer it. (old dog and new tricks comes to mind lol!!!!!!!!!!)

i use nsi but have found a company in germany called nail-discount-24 i know it sounds tacky but there gel is really good and i find it easier to use than nsi.

i used to be an acrylic girl until i thought of trying gel and im glad i did

i love it and find it looks and feels much better than acrylic

angela xx

i use ibd gel and love it.

well where I work at the moment they use Bio so thats the only gel I've ever used but as I'm going to be opening my own buisness very soon I looked into offering the Bio to my own client but as it turned out it's very expensive to do the course and also to buy the products so as we are on the subject of this anyways could anyone give me any good advice on another gel thats just as good as Bio or near enough and the prices aren't so expensive????? xxxxx mwah xxx

Personally Tracy I use Calgel for a number of reasons. I get better resulkts (more natural, longer lasting) than any other product, the custiome service is A*, the people are great (Robyn is really knowledgable, Chris is really funny etc) and it feels like you are part of a big family. Plus, my clients absolutely love the look and feel and you can't say fairer than that!

I use Brisa in the salon i work at, Pronails gel at home and have used bio at a previous job.

I hadn't used Brisa before i worked where I am currently. took me a while to get the hang of the application, :rolleyes: as it was a lot thicker than any gel I'd used before. I find it very strong for extensions, though I don't like it as much for natural nail overlays.

Used bio for natural nail overlays in my previous job and loved it,:) thin and flexible and lots of colours to choose from. Soaks off quickly too.

I use Pronails at home for both extensions and overlays, and get on with it really well. also love the range of colours they do. Probably my fave gel out of the three:green:

CND Brisa Gels for me. I am really anxious to get my hands on the coloured line, too!

Latest posts

Back