Cambridge Diet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
I am thinking of trying the Cambridge Diet. I have had a client in today who is a C/D Counsellor and she has almost talked me into doing it! Does anyone have any positive experience with this diet than you would share with me please?

Gosh I feel so unfit .. I must do something :(

:cry:

I lost nearly 4 stone on it, and when ever I feel I'm out of control I go back to it sometimes its only for a week but I think its better to do something when the gain is small then to go back to a my mothers size again:irked:
The trick is to drink your water, if you make sure you have a pint of water with each of your shakes then that only leaves a one more pint to have during the day. and that 5,6,7 pounds of every week is fantastic.
Its not a quick fix though hun, you need to really work with your councilor to work out your relationship with food and change it. That can be a hard one to do, you cant lie to yourself.
I would say do it. I love walking into a shop and knowing the size 12 jeans will fit.:lol:

Thanks Susie ... I am sooooo very tempted. I am going to be doing some research tonight :)

Hi Jen,

If you have the will power then I'd say go for it.:hug: I have tried the Cambridge diet, but I couldn't survive the first three days (felt too hungry), but then I have very little will power:smack:

Good luck.xxx

Hi Jen,

If you have the will power then I'd say go for it.:hug: I have tried the Cambridge diet, but I couldn't survive the first three days (felt too hungry), but then I have very little will power:smack:

Good luck.xxx

Thanks Louise.. I really think I am going to give it a go ... but I am doing a Male Intimate Waxing Course at the end of the month down in London, so I want to get this out of the way first.

I have little will power too ... however I did manage to give up the ciggies 8 years ago, so who knows, I might manage to overcome the hunger pangs.. or the boredom lol!!

I dont know what this diet is, I'm guessing its a complete meal replacement?

My advice to you is that for any diet you are tempted to try, dont go on it because a friend recommends it, get proper medical advice to make sure that the diet is safe and is suitable for you. Some more drastic dieting measures can cause side effects that are just as dangerous as obesity (I'm not saying this about this diet, or calling you obese!).

Different diets work for different people, but dont be seduced by promises of rapid weight loss, get some professional advice first.

'chelle is very right in her advice, hun.

I'm sure it was Cambridge diet that Trinity very successfully lost tons of weight on - it obviously suited her, yet I heard only today from a friend who know has gallstone problems and will for the rest of her life because of the Cambridge diet, as it just didn't suit her. (she has been on and off it and is quite...erm, drastic when she does it)

I think the sensible viewpoint is that it probably works, but best to get it professionally checked out, and see if there are any diet no-no's for you!

I have tried the Cambridge twice but had to stop both times as I get really bad itchiness on my lower legs when I am on the diet. Cambridge counsellor thinks I am sensitive to aspartame which is the sweetener used in the shakes and bars.

It is difficult to stick to but the weight loss is quick - it just didnt agree with me, but I think it is a great diet. :hug:

I lost 6.5 stone last year on it, it's all documented in my journal if you fancy a read :biggrin:

hi jen, one of the ladies i work with is doing this right now and i must say the results are outstanding! she lost 9lbs 3 consecutive weeks then 7lbs and 5 last week, she was a larger lady, but the results are just amazing, i have another friend who did it and lost similar amounts of weight although she was only about 2st overweight! amazing as it is.. i know i would struggle with the whole, no food in mouth thing!! (and it is expensive!) goodluck hun xx

lighter life i believe is also one to consider jen

amb xx

I lost 6.5 stone last year on it, it's all documented in my journal if you fancy a read :biggrin:

Ah I did read some of your journal last year Trin.. I hadnt realised it was the Cambridge Diet you were following. Have you kept your weight off?

Thanks everyone for your comments and views. :hug:

lighter life i believe is also one to consider jen

amb xx
Hi minkus haven't seen you for ages:hug:

the same company make lighter life, cambridge is half the price, the trick is the water, your body says I'm thirsty and you mostly ignore it then it says I'm hungry because you get moister from food, so if you drink your water all day long you shouldn't feel hungry, I love the rapid weight loss and have learned a lot about myself on the way, yes I still have issues with food, I think I always will, but at least now I can face those issues head on and deal with them instead of reaching for another mars bar:lol:

hi jen, one of the ladies i work with is doing this right now and i must say the results are outstanding! she lost 9lbs 3 consecutive weeks then 7lbs and 5 last week, she was a larger lady, but the results are just amazing, i have another friend who did it and lost similar amounts of weight although she was only about 2st overweight! amazing as it is.. i know i would struggle with the whole, no food in mouth thing!! (and it is expensive!) goodluck hun xx

Wow these are exciting losses.

As for the expense.. I have been told its about £40 a month. My daughter is interested in doing and if I put my hubby in the equation too that would be around £130 - £150 per month.... sounds a lot. But this is for everything that you eat. Currently we spend on average around £700 per month on groceries... :eek::eek: so the expense is not an issue... I wish I could talk my hubby into it then we would be saving so much money per month lol!!!

He isnt interested in it at all.

Sole source diet (3 cambridge meals a day) is roughly about £30 a week each. It is less if you are just using a couple of meal replacements a day but results are slower. x

Wow these are exciting losses.

As for the expense.. I have been told its about £40 a month. My daughter is interested in doing and if I put my hubby in the equation too that would be around £130 - £150 per month.... sounds a lot. But this is for everything that you eat. Currently we spend on average around £700 per month on groceries... :eek::eek: so the expense is not an issue... I wish I could talk my hubby into it then we would be saving so much money per month lol!!!

He isnt interested in it at all.

Sorry babe, it's more like £40 per week not per month (each) - depending on your height you might need 4 shakes a day which will increase the cost. Your Husband would need 4 a day anyway as men and anyone over 5'8" should have 4 per day not the 3 most women have.

I could never last on 3 per day so always had 4 as did Husband - it was somewhere in the region of £76 per week and there has been a price increase since then.

That said, it was still cheaper than the food we were buying, when you add up all the milk, bread, snacks, cakes as a treat, etc. it soon mounts up :lol:

I've put a stone back on and am currently hovering somewhere around the 12 stone mark, a damn sight lower than the 17stone 6lbs I started at. I still have a shake for breakfast and try to have a bar for lunch and unfortunately I get a bit less committed for my tea, but hey, I'm happy :lol:

It's a big step, for me, it was one of those 'that's it, I've had enough and I will do whatever it takes, I don't care how much it costs, how restrictive it is, I just want this weight gone and I want it gone now!'

When you reach that kind of breaking point, there is no 'shall I, shan't I?' you just go for it not matter what.

Good luck with your decision, all I would say is if you decide to do it, go in wholeheartedly and stick to it, it's ten times harder to get back into if you quit and try to go back. I know it works, I know what is involved but I just can't get back into it again - that's really really frustrating.

Sorry babe, it's more like £40 per week not per month (each) - depending on your height you might need 4 shakes a day which will increase the cost. Your Husband would need 4 a day anyway as men and anyone over 5'8" should have 4 per day not the 3 most women have.

Good luck with your decision, all I would say is if you decide to do it, go in wholeheartedly and stick to it, it's ten times harder to get back into if you quit and try to go back. I know it works, I know what is involved but I just can't get back into it again - that's really really frustrating.

Thanks Trin... its still a lot less that we are currently spending... and I am totally sick of trying with S/W. I know that works but it didnt work that well the last time I went back to it.. so I just thought a kick start with something completely different.

Hubby is not considering it.. he said he likes his bottle of wine too much lol!

Latest posts

Back