Can anyone Help me choose the best gel to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapphire nails

Reaction score
Whats the best gel to use??
Im a creative acrylic fan but have been advised not to use there gel system?

Who has advised you not to use Brisa and what was their reasoning. Brisa is one of the most popular gels on the market.

i think it was just a personal response, ive never really been into gel, so i thought i wont get as many suggestions as possible

As a Creative user you will know the quality of the products and the excellent customer service.

My best advice would be to try Brisa since you are using CND any way and then make up your own mind. If you dont like it then you will be able to say why you dont like it and then try something else.

In my experience when someone says oh dont touch it, it is generally because they have their own agenda!

I always find I prefer to try a product myself than take some one else's word for it. so don't make up your mind against Brisa until YOU have tried it. You never know you may like it!!

What kind of gel system are you after though....is it definitely a buff off gel you want like Brisa, or would you prefer a soak off Gel ?
You need to know what kind of service you want to provide, if it is mainly overlays and colour gels then 1 system may be better than others for you.
If you have a read over some of the great gel arricles in the Tutorials and Articles section here on the site you will pick up loads of great information regarding all the different types of Gel systems there are out there.

I bet you thought this would be easy lol:lol: ;)

Here is a start.....http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35483-choosing-correct-gel.html

Last edited:
Calling all Geeks! I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me?

I've just started a home learning course in gel nails and was wondering which system you would recommend:

1. CND Brisa
2. NSI Balance Gels
3. Entity One Gel
4. ibd Soak Off Gels (are these the soft gels you mentioned?)

Also, I was wondering if you can mix and match 3 phase gels, or if you start with brisa you need to complete the other phases with brisa?

Plus do all hard gels need to be filed off or can you buy any that soak off but are still hard?

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate any help you can offer!
Cheers, Jen :)

Hi Isabel! I'm just learning gel nails and was wondering if you could help me chose the best gel system that I can carry on with once I'm fully trained?

Which system you would recommend:
1. CND Brisa
2. NSI Balance Gels
3. Entity One Gel

Also, I was wondering if you can mix and match 3 phase gels, or if you start with brisa you need to complete the other phases with brisa?

Plus do all hard gels need to be filed off or can you buy any that soak off but are still hard?

Cheers, Jen

Hi Isabel! I'm just learning gel nails and was wondering if you could help me chose the best gel system that I can carry on with once I'm fully trained?

Which system you would recommend:
1. CND Brisa
2. NSI Balance Gels
3. Entity One Gel

Cheers, Jen

Sorry Jen but as you have stated on your profile that you don't intend to do nails on a professional level but on yourself and unwitting friends we wont be giving any professional advise,
no offense intended.

:lol: Thanks Lellipop! :lol:

Hi Loubylou, I obviously haven't updated my profile since I joined out of interest a few years. I have since enrolled in 3 nail tech courses with Essential Nails and plan to be a professional nail technician ASAP. Therefore, I will update my profile immediately and would appreciate any advice you could offer.
Thanks. :)

Hi Jen,

Another gel to look at is NCO London, they do soak off and file off gels and also have a great range of colours.

Bky :)

Sorry about that Jen :green:
CND brisa gel would be my recommendation,
you shouldn't really mix any products as this will give you service break down, so if you start the enhancement with brisa, finish it with brisa,
all hard gels have to filed off but brisa is really easy to file down,
all gels set hard but the soak off gels are more flexible so lose some strength when the nail is longer
hth :hug:

No worries loubylou! I should have remembered to change my profile details, so it's a good thing you reminded me I hadn't done so! :lol:

That's useful advice about the gel system, I think I'll start off with CND Brisa, as the gel provided with the course is a simple basic 3-in-1, so I'm not getting the full range of practice I'm really looking for.

Thanks again for your help! Would you mind if I contact you again if I have any other beginners questions? It's always helpful to know some people to help you start out! :lol:

Thanks very much Izzidoll! I think I'll start off with Brisa, then try some ibd soak-off. It's just so expensive when you're just learning, so it might take a while to work through the various systems, but at least by then I should really know what I'm doing!

I'm still familiarising myself with the nail geek site, so thanks for pointing me in the direction of all the tutorials!!! :green:

Please feel free to keep in touch! Cheers! :hug:

No worries loubylou! I should have remembered to change my profile details, so it's a good thing you reminded me I hadn't done so! :lol:

That's useful advice about the gel system, I think I'll start off with CND Brisa, as the gel provided with the course is a simple basic 3-in-1, so I'm not getting the full range of practice I'm really looking for.

Thanks again for your help! Would you mind if I contact you again if I have any other beginners questions? It's always helpful to know some people to help you start out! :lol:

I dont mind at all hun but there are other geeks that can answer your gel questions much better than me,
i am a L&P girl when it comes to nails :hug:

I am a Brisa user and in fact have built my enhancement business based on Brisa.

It is really strong, always looks beautiful and I simply cannot fault it. I have found that once a client has had Brisa enhancements, they are hooked.

I agree with Adele about Brisa. I've only recently completed my conversion course and am absolutely hooked on it. So is the model I took with me! I've experimented with many gels but Brisa definitely ticks all my boxes.

TrudyB

Latest posts

Back