Can anyone help with my cat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Any one know what's wrong with my cats eyes they have been like this for a few days now started from one and now it's the other. His inner eye lid should be hidden away when eyes are open as far as I know. He seems ok in himself and purring etc and eating just wondering if anyone knows thanks xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382198531.533732.jpg

Hi. I have a cat that this happens to a lot and one that I have never seen it!
The vet was concerned about Missy's 3rd eyelid even though she seemed fine. To cut a long story short I discovered she had tapeworms (yuk). After treatment she started putting on weight more and her eyes were fine.
Shes quite a stressy sort of cat, jumpy and scared of her own shadow and I think stress shows in her eyes too.

Hi. I have a cat that this happens to a lot and one that I have never seen it!
The vet was concerned about Missy's 3rd eyelid even though she seemed fine. To cut a long story short I discovered she had tapeworms (yuk). After treatment she started putting on weight more and her eyes were fine.
Shes quite a stressy sort of cat, jumpy and scared of her own shadow and I think stress shows in her eyes too.

Oh no tape worm? I de flea him etc with advocate and I think that's meant to cover tape worm but I've left it a bit late this month to do him. It's bizarre he looks sorry for himself because of it but seems fine otherwise very odd

This is how it started the other day I noticed in just the one eye ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382200574.699007.jpg

I used Advocate too. I got a stronger one which the vet gave her. I think she'd had the parasites from her first home.
It could be anything from toothache to belly ache. Or it could be nothing.
Hope it's nothing but a bit of an under the weather spell x

He could have been in a fight or scraped his eye on a twig or something. I have 2 cats and never come across this, so only guessing, sorry I am not more help, hope it gets better soon:)

Looks like an eye infection, my cat had this before and that's what it was, her nose was runny too x

My cat had this last year, went to the vets and its because he was in a fight and his eye was scratched so the third eye lid protects the eye whilst it heals. Xx

Laura x

U could always try tear drops (human ones are fine- same ingredients just cheaper). They won't do him any harm~ his eyes might be dry that's why his eyelid is sticking.
Hope it's nothing to serious ! x

My cat had this about 5 years ago. I read up about the 3rd eyelid and because it could be indicative of something serious, I took her to the vet. It can also be just protecting the eye from a scratch or infection.
The vet told me my cat had tumors in her stomach and would need an op. I was devastated as she was the baby of the family.
My sister said not to trust the vet I had gone to and told me to get a 2nd opinion. So I took her to another vet and there was nothing wrong with her!
I was gob smacked. The vet even said I could take her back again the next week and he would check her again for free to put my mind at rest.
So that was 5 years ago and I still go to that nice vets even though it's 20 mins away in the car and the cat meows the whole way there!

This is a classic reaction to something being wrong with your cat and you should see a vet to rule out anything serious. It is now necessarily anything with eyes but can be a sign of infections elsewhere. Always get you cat to the vet when this happens though.:wink2:

This is a classic reaction to something being wrong with your cat and you should see a vet to rule out anything serious. It is now necessarily anything with eyes but can be a sign of infections elsewhere. Always get you cat to the vet when this happens though.:wink2:

I agree re the vets. Hopefully they can rule out anything serious but cats do also purr when they are sick/injured not just when they are happy so pain/discomfort isn't always easy for us to spot. Hope he turns out to be ok x

Agree - vet visit to get checked over.

Thanks everyone im going to take him x

let us know how you get on

Hope your cats a bit better soon, try not to worry, easier said than done I know.

Took him this eve and the vet thoroughly checked him over- he said his eyes were perfect and there seemed to be nothing wrong checked his stomach temp etc and he said he must just be a very tired boy and maybe he has had a virus and coming towards the end of it. If still like it next week or progressingly gets worse this week then I have to take him back, it's so strange I wish they could just tell you what's wrong! X

Took him this eve and the vet thoroughly checked him over- he said his eyes were perfect and there seemed to be nothing wrong checked his stomach temp etc and he said he must just be a very tired boy and maybe he has had a virus and coming towards the end of it. If still like it next week or progressingly gets worse this week then I have to take him back, it's so strange I wish they could just tell you what's wrong! X

Atleast you know its nothing serious which is fab. Cats are so resilient. Hope it sorts itself out xx

Laura x

Latest posts

Back