Can anyone help with my pick-me-up boxes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma84

Reaction score
Basically I put together a box when my mother in law was going through her treatment for cancer, as a little pick-me-up for her through a difficult time.

What is it?
The box consisted of small gift cards in envelopes that I had given out to family and friends to write either a funny memory, a joke or jut something to cheer her up a bit.
Then it had small presents, a small hand cream, some essential oil to pop in the bath, some socks ( as your circulation can be affected by the treatment ), we made a smurf poo and put a little smurf in there as we were told her poop may turn blue ( that made her chuckle ) and lots of other little bits.
Thoughtful and funny bits aswell to lighten the situation but also to say we are all here for you.

Everyday she felt a bit down she could go to the box and choose either a little present to unwrap or a card and it would give her a little pick-me-up.

Now I want to put together at least 3 boxes that I can sell all ready for a family to create their own pick-me-up boxes for a loved one.
I need help in filling the boxes and in actually getting them, is there anyone out there that can help?
All if the proceeds of these will be going to The Harmony Therapy Trust, whom provide free holistic treatments to those suffering with illnesses such as cancer.

The money will help go towards paying the self employed therapists that carry out the treatments at a reduced cost and cover product costings.

Thank you in advance x

just wanted to say i think this is such a lovely idea well done to you xxx

Thank you, it seemed to help my mil so I thought why not try to do it for more people and help raise funds for the trust at the same time x

What a lovely idea! You sound a lovely daughter -in-law.

It's not much, but I could send you a selection of Neal's Yard sachet samples, if you pm the address. I'll totally understand if it's not what you have in mind, they tick a box as they are so pure, and might act as a bit of a filler, and they are lovely products. x

No that would be fantastic thank you my
Email address is [email protected]
If you would be so kind as to send me a message I will forward you my details.
Thank you x

I have some dermalogica samples? xx

That would be great, thank you!
My email address is [email protected], it would be great if you could send me a message and I can send you my details if you dont mind? Thank you x

Thank you I have replied :)
There honestly isn't anything that's too small, anything that may make people feel a little better about themselves is perfect ( male or female ) x

Hi Emma, fantastic idea. What sort of price would the be? I have a few clients who would be interested for their loved ones.

Ahh fantastic I was thinking maybe £10 for a small one ( I obviously need to see what I can get to put in them ) and maybe £15 for a larger one? What do you think?

These can then either be personalised by myself ( ie the family tell me their fav sweets etc ) or just given as Skeleton packs for the family/friends to do?

What does everyone think?

It's a bit like the love, daughter ect boxes you get but yours will be more pamper and useful.
I'll post pic so you no what I mean xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395346880.063860.jpg

I don't suppose anyone knows of anyone who may be willing to donate cards like these ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395346930.848776.jpg

That's fantastic I have never seen this, I love it!

That's fantastic I have never seen this, I love it!

Sorry it's upside down, maybe collect what you can, so you no what is going in then price them, I paid £5.00 for my boxes but very small.
I'll think of ideas, xxx

The boxes will be quite large like the size of the memories/ keepsake boxes as there will be cards & gifts wrapped up x

Sound fab, hope you get some more bits you need xx

I'm still trying to brainstorm and get in touch with people lol I am so rubbish but fingers crossed it will all come together xx

Emma,

I have got at least 100 cream little voile drawstring bags with ribbons around the tops left over from my wedding favours?? You can have them,they are ideal for putting little sweeties in...I filled them with love hearts...message me your address and I will post them ASAP xx

Thank you I've messaged you x

Latest posts

Back