Can anyone recommend an alternative PR strip wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrimouse

Reaction score
Hi there, please can anyone recommend an alternative PR strip wax. I use crystal ocean and love it for all the reasons everyone else does. Wonderfully thin application and no reactions (as yet anyway) but i do struggle with those clients that have really deep rooted strong hairs and i find that the CO doesn't always get all the hairs out.
On another note i apply very differently to the way i was taught at college with the CO wax. I find that if i (hard to explain) dip my spatula then wipe the product onto the clients skin then spread downwards, it goes on much better than the other way of applying with the spatula if you know what i mean.
x

Have you tried any of the other Perron Rigot waxes?
I only wax male clients and I use two PR waxes the CO as my main one and I also use Nacree Blanche as my cream based wax, I use it for the same reasons as you do and if I find clients that have shaved or have stubbly hairs in the areas I use a strip wax I find the cream base works best.

Thats why I really like PR waxes as they have a range that suits different needs.

Take a look on their site and try some of the other waxes.

Jack

Maybe you are just not applying enough pressure with stronger hair clients to ensure the wax is reaching the root of the hair.Also the pressure needs to be applied consistently all the way down your area.

Its lovely to have this choice of different waxes to meet clients hair needs but im finding ive got three waxes on the go now!!!
I have my standard size wax pot with Crystal Ocean wax for eyebrows underarms facial wax, then my Ceteum wax cartridges for legs and backs (men) and a small pot for hot wax used for brazilians & hollywoods!!!

I have a standard wax trolly so cant fit both wax pots on!!

I have on my trolley Escential Green Tea strip (really not a fan of CO), Euroblonde non strip, Pure non strip all in hive 1000cc heaters (getting third digital one at Pro beauty) and then a Hive three chamber roller heater with PR Homme roller wax.

I have on my trolley Escential Green Tea strip (really not a fan of CO), Euroblonde non strip, Pure non strip all in hive 1000cc heaters (getting third digital one at Pro beauty) and then a Hive three chamber roller heater with PR Homme roller wax.

Mat, what is it you dislike about Cristal Ocean?

Im not to keen on Cristal ocean but will have to wait till its all used up which will take a long time!
i find it a bit too thin & clear it goes a bit stringy. I love the euroblonde hot wax.
I think its because ive been so used to a cream wax before.
Fozzyo what trolly do you have then just like a facial trolly?

Its lovely to have this choice of different waxes to meet clients hair needs but im finding ive got three waxes on the go now!!!
I have my standard size wax pot with Crystal Ocean wax for eyebrows underarms facial wax, then my Ceteum wax cartridges for legs and backs (men) and a small pot for hot wax used for brazilians & hollywoods!!!

I have a standard wax trolly so cant fit both wax pots on!!
I bought a wider trolley and can fit all my wax pots on the top ( I have a Hive double and two Hive 1000cc pots) with enough room for the bottles of pre and post wax products- there is a picture in my photo album on my profile so you can see the size of the trolley.

Jack

ah thank you 'male waxer' i will try the Nacree Blanche and see how i get on with that, i love your room (had a quick peep at your pics, absolutely gorgeous and very relaxing which is what its all about, even the harsh sound of ripping hairs out of follicles will seem so much nicer in those beautiful surroundings)
Thanks Gillian i will ensure even pressure right the way through next time, i think i do anyway but without this valuable advice from you guys we may all just bumble along without thought of it.
I love the sound actually of the tea tree one, i wonder though if you would have any reactions with anyone sensitive to it, i have unfortunately sensitised myself to tea tree ess oil through dabbing it on spots a bit to liberally and too much.
I already use the euroblonde for all sensitive areas (UA's, bikini, face etc)
Thank you so much guys for your advice

xxxxxx

hiya,
I use salon serve cream wax, just the pink one and its great. If there are short, strong hairs i apply the wax as normal and then rub the area in circles so the wax really gets into the hair. Then i leave it for a second longer and pull off strip. Works every time.:D

ah thank you 'male waxer' i will try the Nacree Blanche and see how i get on with that, i love your room (had a quick peep at your pics, absolutely gorgeous and very relaxing which is what its all about, even the harsh sound of ripping hairs out of follicles will seem so much nicer in those beautiful surroundings)
Thanks Gillian i will ensure even pressure right the way through next time, i think i do anyway but without this valuable advice from you guys we may all just bumble along without thought of it.
I love the sound actually of the tea tree one, i wonder though if you would have any reactions with anyone sensitive to it, i have unfortunately sensitised myself to tea tree ess oil through dabbing it on spots a bit to liberally and too much.
I already use the euroblonde for all sensitive areas (UA's, bikini, face etc)
Thank you so much guys for your advice

xxxxxx
Thank you... and good luck - Im sure that within the range of strip waxes you will find one that suits you.
jack

hiya,
I use salon serve cream wax, just the pink one and its great. If there are short, strong hairs i apply the wax as normal and then rub the area in circles so the wax really gets into the hair. Then i leave it for a second longer and pull off strip. Works every time.:D
ah thank you for that one too lovely lady xxx

Latest posts

Back