Can anyone recommend an excellent Indian Head Massage course/venue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairchild

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just finished a reflexology course and am awaiting results :eek: Am currently updating my skills as have come back to the industry. Would love to do an Indian Head Massage course but was not very impressed with my reflexology course so wondered if anyone may be able to make a recommendation? I live in Surrey but am prepared to travel in order to find someone who really knows their subject and is an experienced teacher. Thanks all. Much appreciated.

I did the Indian Head Massage evening course at Northbrook College in Worthing, the tutor was excellent. It was a 6 weeks evening class which gave you an insurable qualification at the end, I can't remember if it was an NVQ as I had to pull out in week 5 due to breaking 4 toes :cry:

Thanks for that. I will take a look at the college info but if it is an evening course, I would probably be better doing one a bit closer. I lost faith a bit with the quality of teaching at my last college but should probably not let that taint my desire to learn IHM - think it would be a really lovely treatment to offer all those stressed out folk out there.

I am sure Hippy-Chick is running indian head massage courses in the near future.:)

Check out her website and hopefully she'll post on here some info:

guru holistic training - Home

I am sure Hippy-Chick is running indian head massage courses in the near future.:)

Check out her website and hopefully she'll post on here some info:

guru holistic training - Home
thanks for the recommendation Urban Geek!
Yes I have a course running on August 25th - one place remaining, but am in Durham.

I was going to recommend Helen McGuiness who is in Southampton, google her. I trained with her myself and she writes all the VTCT coursebooks.

Thank you sooooo much all. Hippy-Chick, looked at the link for your site and all looks really interesting. So much of what I am wanting to train in - one at a time ! Such a shame you are maybe that bit to far away :sad: Will look at the other recommendations and see if I can do it a bit closer. Really appreciate your help though all. :D

No problems, distance is a bummer, I know.

In the future, you could co-ordinate a course, and I'll come down and teach you and a few others.

Managed to get in on a course with Helen yesterday. Excellent recommendation - just wanted to thank you.

Also have noted your offer of getting a group together - should I be in that position I would get in touch. :)

Such a shame you are maybe that bit to far away :sad:

Is Cardiff too far for you to travel? As Hippy Chick does do training courses at Triniti in Cardiff from time to time too...

You could take the train to a training course lol... much easier than the M4!

Cardiff could work as I have a dear friend near(ish) to there so it would be a good excuse to combine the two. The more you learn the more you get the taste for it!

Glad you went with Helen, she is inspirational and one of the first people to teach IHM in this country, the nice thing is you can use her text book and its her routine in it.

I'm at Triniti in Cardiff on October 9th for Colon Massage training if that would be any good for you.

Yes, would be happy to travel down for a group in the future.

Latest posts

Back