Can going brown help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natm

Reaction score
Hello all, at the moment i have bleach high lights! always have! i went brown once a few years back.

I am now worried that my hair is becoming over processed even though i know the person who does my hair never overlaps! but more and more now i am getting frazzled hair that is snapping off. I look like a peacock as this breakage is really short on my root.

I have tried redken cat spray, moisture treatments. my hair is one length bob and i blow dry it daily! never straighten just blow dry.

If i dye my hair brown more to my natural colour base 7 will this really change the condition of my hair drastically?? and will it help the breakage to grow!!

I kind of already know the answer! Yes! but i just need some reassurance from other hair dressers!! xxxxxx

Hello all, at the moment i have bleach high lights! always have! i went brown once a few years back.

I am now worried that my hair is becoming over processed even though i know the person who does my hair never overlaps! but more and more now i am getting frazzled hair that is snapping off. I look like a peacock as this breakage is really short on my root.

I have tried redken cat spray, moisture treatments. my hair is one length bob and i blow dry it daily! never straighten just blow dry.

If i dye my hair brown more to my natural colour base 7 will this really change the condition of my hair drastically?? and will it help the breakage to grow!!

I kind of already know the answer! Yes! but i just need some reassurance from other hair dressers!! xxxxxx

It's not gonna alter the condition of your hair. It will just make it look a lot healthier.
It might be the daily blow drying that you are doing which is causing damage. Also what base is ur hair and Wat is beig used and what is the end result??

Heya I would say naturally base 7. I have full head bleach high lights using 20 vol possiby 30 every now and again every 4 weeks. I have a one length bob, no layers.

I wash my hair every other day and that's when I blow dry. I love being blonde but hate my sprouting breakage :-(

Just feel stuck :-( x

Will colouring (not dye, we dye clothes, not hair) your hair darker make it better? Are you really a hairdresser? Chemicals on top of chemicals.... All it will do is cover up the bleach, not help its condition in any way ever.

If your base is a 7, you don't need bleach to achieve a gorgeous light blonde. Next time your roots are done, Hilift tint or even a level 10 base alternating with another blonde of level 8 or 9 would work really well without you having to abandon your blonde look. Especially if you are doing your roots so often.
My hair can't take bleach any more either.

Actually, you could also try just lowering the peroxide volume,!using 5 or 10 vol with the bleach instead. It just takes longer, but still lifts well.

Hahah Tomme yes I am a hairdresser of 5 years but what I mean is by using a semi and not colouring it ever 4 weeks like I do now surely will help the condition!

Honestly the criticism these days on this site is atrocious. People should be supportive not slate each other.

I kick up a lot of warmth and a high lift goes very yellowy for me and I don't like the end result. That's me personally x

I have been using the TIGI s factor leave in moisture spray , also the TIGI s factor serious conditioner that really helped my damaged hair , maybe give it ago , that way you may be able to keep your blonde Xx

Try Schwarzkopf fibre force range! Brings your hair upto Virgin quality within 4-10 weeks! Been using it on my own hair & think it's amazing, I'm already seeing a difference xx

Shampoo conditioner treatment ect... X

Shampoo conditioner treatment ect... X

personally i love TiGi bedhead rezurrection shampoo and conditioner for getting the condition good, just try to lay of the dryer if you can for a bit too. xx

What pre lightener do you use?
Try dropping from 6 & 9 to 3 and leave on longer

Going darker will only make your hair appear in better condition so I would only do so if you want to be darker, as long as your only pre lightening the roots you should be ok.

I would try not washing it as often get done dry shampoo and a natural bristle brush to spread natural oils,

Invest in some good shampoo and conditioner as above said tigi resurrection is good

Some nice oil to use after washing & conditioning treatment once a week

And a good cut

Hey all thanks for the responses. I have been using Tigi ressurection and s factor mask for a while now and I tried Tigi elasticate. They def help to maintain but they don't work miracles.

I'm umming and arring! I think I will continue with treatments and stop blowdrying and see if this helps.

I love being blonde and don't want to do anything drastic and it doesn't help! Xxx

Sorry the lighter is either loreal platine or Tigi xxx

Hey all thanks for the responses. I have been using Tigi ressurection and s factor mask for a while now and I tried Tigi elasticate. They def help to maintain but they don't work miracles.

I'm umming and arring! I think I will continue with treatments and stop blowdrying and see if this helps.

I love being blonde and don't want to do anything drastic and it doesn't help! Xxx

Kerastase initialiste (think that's how u spell it) is really good. It's relatively new and gives the hair strength from the bulb so it grows stronger and is then less prone to breakage.
Also kerastase fibre architect is a dual treatment/serum which is lovely. It has the cream to nourish and rebuild the hair and the oil to hydrate and smooth the cuticle. It's a really lovely product.

Applying a semi perm will be the best option this is what I would recommended to clients in this position, colour touch plus is great for shine and condition and had glimmer pigments

Sorry the lighter is either loreal platine or Tigi xxx

Drop your peroxide and try the treatments recommended plus oil

Have you tried L'oreal Platinium pink ... The ammonia free option, I personally would try that with just 20vol. Like said above a dark colour semi or other will only mask, likewise a gentler application will only effect the regrowth.

Be kind to your hair and it will pay off :D blow/wash it a little less, pamper it a little more and use the best products you can afford, time is a great healer ;) ... I would persevere and just go with better options otherwise you'll do it dark, hate it in a few months and damage the hair further by lightening again!

Good luck hun xx

If you arent already using a sulfate free shampoo, switch to it. You'll notice the difference. I think tigi make one, though I use affinage, and what brand of bleach are you using? Certain types are more harsh than others. 3% with bleach is much kinder as others have said. If you do actually want to go dark, then quasis and semi top ups will help prevent fade, but it takes while for hair to recover in any case. Took me about 6 months to get mine back in good condition when growing it out.

Hmmm I don't know if I actually want to be dark I just thought it may help to be dark for a year where I won't need to have it done every 6 weeks and just had regular cuts and colour when it needs. But I do love being blonde. 3% on my hair is orange. Tried it and it wasn't a nice colour. Xxx

Latest posts

Back