Can I do rockstar toes with any gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethG-NailTec

Reaction score
Hiya,

love the look of these rockstar toes! I use biosculpture gel tho, could I still do it with bio gel? Worries me that the gel has no sticky layer to stick to when the glitter covers the sticky layer? (I hope this makes sense)

x x

Then I would add a layer of something that has a sticky inhibition layer or get Shellac base and colour and top and do it with those.

So is shellac a gel that sticks with out needing to be sticky on sticky?

Not familiar with biosculpture but could you put glitter on before curing then??

That's a good idea, I'll try that! Thank u, I best to just try on myself first

So is shellac a gel that sticks with out needing to be sticky on sticky?

All gels will stick in layers, with or without the sticky inhibition layer. The inhibition layer does not add any stickability to the next layer at all.

So yes, to answer your question, Shellac will stick just fine with or without.

I use bio and have done rockstar using it, it does have a level of stickiness....

I sprinkle the glitter onto colour after cure and press the glitter into it using the pink rubber hoof stick then cure again. S gel over the top which I scoop out from the pot using my steel cuticle pusher an apply to the brush so there's no contamination from putting a glittery brush into the gel.

It may not be the textbook way and I'd love to be corrected if I have something wrong but it looks great and feels smooth. A client asked me if my nails were wet as they are soooooo shiny...

It's like being a child again playing with glitter, I love it!

Oh brill, I have tried it and they are still going strong after 2 weeks now. And sorry to change the subject for the others but this week I did my usual gel nails and I've had 2 clients say they have lost 1 the next day then 1 the day after, I've been doing gels for about 9months, do u think my lamp bulbs need changing? Or anything like that, can't think of any other reason?

Latest posts

Back