Can I go red red red?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddlesore

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask if its possible to get my hair from dark brown/red to pillarbox red?
When I touch this subject with my hairdresser shes always so negative about doing it and tells me my hair wont take....its naturally ginger and like I said I have it dark red/brown normally.

I love Johnathon Ross's wifes hair its brilliant...will I ever achieve this or it just too hard?

xxx

Any hair colour is possible! Red heads are notorious for being quite resistant/overly porous. Id try a test piece, but it is doable, nicola from girls aloud has had some lovely enchanced bits of colour put through, just be aware that if your hairdresser does go with it, reds fade pretty quicky normally within 4 weeks or so, so keep up with maintence.
rossys wife jane goldman, has had red hair for years, i think she has pre lighten it and added a semi permanent. Ask for a couple test pieces! Hope you love your new hair colour!! xoxo

Everything is an option.......Sounds to me like she is unsure about you doing whats required...maintaining and using all recommended product. No other color is more work. Be prepared to color every third week. I am a redredred head. And I love it:green:

Im not a hair dresser but I used to have proper red hair when younger (old punk days) and I used to have to bleach it first, cant remember with what - it was 20 yrs ago, and then I used to dye it with Directions Hair Dye - pillarbox red. My hair is dark brown.. I have recently been having it done a darker brown then sectioned the top layer with foils and bleached then then dyed with Directions rose red, then when its started to fade I could just put on the rose red myself as it doesn't take on the brown hair.

But I would deffo see your hairdressers to do this, as you don't want to be self lightening/bleaching your hair. I only have mine done every so often, and have not had it done for a few months now as Im letting it 'rest'. And if you do go red do be prepared to be getting it re-done every 4 weeks or so. It really is a ball ache to keep up with - but I LOVE my red.. :green:

Hope you get the colour you are wanting x

ooh and Jane Goldman - Ross's wife, also uses the Directions Hair Dye.

Thanks for much ladies for all the advice...I wouldnt try and do this myself I realise its a proff job that needs to be done properly....just really hope that my hairdresser will do it for me.

I get my hair coloured very regularly and so I understand the need for monthly appointments.

If and when it happens I will post you some pics :p

Latest posts

Back