Can I use a Bio Sculpture base with a gelish colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanningrach

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to gel nails, i had training when i used to work in a salon in the most basic of gel nail products and now i want to start doing gels from home.

I have been looking into buying Bio Sculpture products as i have heard they are the best, but as i am not trained in Bio Sculpture the colours are quite expensive to buy. Can i use a Bio Sculpture base and Gelish as the coloured gel and then Bio Sculpture top ???? Please help.

If not does anyone know where i can buy Bio Sculpture coloured gels (in the uk) cheaply?

Thanks geeks.x

Hi, I am new to gel nails, i had training when i used to work in a salon in the most basic of gel nail products and now i want to start doing gels from home.

I have been looking into buying Bio Sculpture products as i have heard they are the best, but as i am not trained in Bio Sculpture the colours are quite expensive to buy. Can i use a Bio Sculpture base and Gelish as the coloured gel and then Bio Sculpture top ???? Please help.

If not does anyone know where i can buy Bio Sculpture coloured gels (in the uk) cheaply?

Thanks geeks.x

Why would you want to do that? By mixing systems you will not get the best from either.

If you want Gelish colours you should use Gelish foundation base and Gelish top it off. If you want to use Bio base and top coat you should use Bio colours.

I've never used Bio but from what I understand they are both quite different. Bio is a soak off gel which you can extend with. You will need Bio Sculpture training and can only but products from them. Gelish is a very thin gel polish, more like a long lasting polish.

Thanks geeks.x

You cant buy Bio Sculpture "cheaply" (if there were, we would all be buying it cheaply if we could:))

Ebay- but who knows what is in the pot when you get it there?? very dodgy

If you want to start doing gels from home it would be best todo a conversion course,otherwise you wont be insured.HTH.x

It is true, it is usually best to stick to a whole system however, the whole thing with Harmony products (Gelish brand) is that they promote themselves as working in harmony with all other systems... It will work, but best to try it on your self. I use both and have recently tried used the bio clean gel as a foundation, then he Gelish colour and topped it off with the S Gel.. I think i prefer to keep the systems separate, there is a gel like quality about Bio which you don't get with Gelish but that is because Gelish is not a gel.... Have a play on your nails, it will work and may give you a bigger range its about what you prefer.. Plus, if someone is paying you for a set of gels, then that is what you should be giving them. I use the Gelish as the next step up from nail varnish and price it slightly less then my gels... Hope that helps?

I have Gelish on my CND acrylics at the moment. Just to try a color that a friend had, it works fine. BUT no matter what you want to do or try, because I am sure you will try many things as so many of us have, DO not buy a cheap light!!!! I can not rate the CND light high enough! I am in love with it!! Plus no matter what system you go with (Brisa IMO is the best ;) ) it will cure any system out there. So if you do go through all of them till you find YOUR fit, you will not have to get a new light for any! CND makes Shellac, Brisa, And CND Acrylic as well as a great lamp. Good luck in your play I hope you find what works best for you. And DO watch out for Fleabay! Would you just die if you bought L&P CND from there just to find it was replaced with MMA powder when you got it!

Latest posts

Back