Can I use a food steamer for heated mitts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly girl

Reaction score
I have just completed my Faith Lift conversion course today and I am now completely smitten with heated mitts for my facials. I haven't really got the space for a hot towel cabi and as the title says would a food steamer (as used to steam vegetables) be suitable? Seems like a cheaper option and would take up less space. Thanks in advance for the replies.

No! Products are used for the home and commercial products for work.

I use one for steamed towels that I use to remove some of the foot mask / scrubs before soaking ,
Clients love it . :)

I only asked this as i read that other people used them in the past and the steamer i used during training today was Russell Hobbs so I'm pretty sure that was a food steamer and it worked fine. I know posts on this site can be taken out of context sometimes but I don't know why some people need to come across so hostile on a forum that is for sharing ideas.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I only asked this as i read that other people used them in the past and the steamer i used during training today was Russell Hobbs so I'm pretty sure that was a food steamer and it worked fine. I know posts on this site can be taken out of context sometimes but I don't know why some people need to come across so hostile on a forum that is for sharing ideas.

Aww I don't think she was meaning to come across as hostile , we all have different views and opinions , I guess that was hers ,

Some nail techs would only have a pro nail desk with bells and whistles . While others are happy to customize and work with an ikea one ,
Doesn't make one less right ,
X

Hi curly girl, I love steamed towels they feel amazing during a treatment I personally wouldn't use a veg steamer just as it's to steam veg not towels 😂 lol but I have heard of people using them before but you can get smaller ones I've seen this one on the beauty express website check it out see what you think 😀
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388887356.707686.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I did look at the beauty pro steamer thanks but it hasn't had great reviews on here and the fact that the lead is shorter puts me off a little.

Ask your insurance if you would be covered

Latest posts

Back