Can Perron Rigot Hot Wax go in any heater?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
I will be using Clean + Easy roller wax to start, but would like to be able to use Hot wax for underarms, eyebrows etc.
I really like the look of Perron Rigot hot wax for a number of reasons, which are all backed up by the praise that alot of you sing for it.
In a few months I will be doing the next course - Clean + Easy Brazilian waxing.
The kit which comes with the course includes the Clean + Easy Hard wax heater and I wondered if I could use it with Perron Rigot wax? I would like to avoid paying for two heaters if I can!

I will be using Clean + Easy roller wax to start, but would like to be able to use Hot wax for underarms, eyebrows etc.
I really like the look of Perron Rigot hot wax for a number of reasons, which are all backed up by the praise that alot of you sing for it.
In a few months I will be doing the next course - Clean + Easy Brazilian waxing.
The kit which comes with the course includes the Clean + Easy Hard wax heater and I wondered if I could use it with Perron Rigot wax? I would like to avoid paying for two heaters if I can!

i have got the clean and easy brazilian hard wax pot and firstly i want to say that the clean and easy hard wax is rubbish!!! When we got the perron rigot hot wax from excel we bought an empty tin to put it in but..the tin doesn't fit in the clean and easy heater so i ended up emptying the C&E wax in to the bin and melting the perron rigot wax in that pot instead if that makes sense?!

HTH xx

i have got the clean and easy brazilian hard wax pot and firstly i want to say that the clean and easy hard wax is rubbish!!! When we got the perron rigot hot wax from excel we bought an empty tin to put it in but..the tin doesn't fit in the clean and easy heater so i ended up emptying the C&E wax in to the bin and melting the perron rigot wax in that pot instead if that makes sense?!

HTH xx
Brilliant, so they can be used together! So all I need is an empty clean + easy h/w tin and refill it with Perron Rigot hard wax....... think I understood correctly. Am I right in thinking that the Perron Rigot hard wax comes in pellet form? - If it does, then this should be easy.
I am a mobile tech and will only really want to melt down what is required for the job - eyebrows and lip, that kind of thing - so that I can cut down on how long it takes to melt down and also reduce the risk of spillages in the car on the way home!
What would be the smallest amount you would melt at a time? And also, how quickly would you say the Perron Rigot wax takes to melt in comparrison with c+e h/w?
Thanks for your help!:green:

Brilliant, so they can be used together! So all I need is an empty clean + easy h/w tin and refill it with Perron Rigot hard wax....... think I understood correctly. Am I right in thinking that the Perron Rigot hard wax comes in pellet form? - If it does, then this should be easy.
I am a mobile tech and will only really want to melt down what is required for the job - eyebrows and lip, that kind of thing - so that I can cut down on how long it takes to melt down and also reduce the risk of spillages in the car on the way home!
What would be the smallest amount you would melt at a time? And also, how quickly would you say the Perron Rigot wax takes to melt in comparrison with c+e h/w?
Thanks for your help!:green:

I filled mine just over half way, and because it's in pellet form it melts alot quicker than C&E hard wax. The density of the wax is alot different too, the perron rigot is just sooo much better in every way! I'm not sure what the least amount to melt would be maybe just 1/4, be careful it doesn't burn though!

I filled mine just over half way, and because it's in pellet form it melts alot quicker than C&E hard wax. The density of the wax is alot different too, the perron rigot is just sooo much better in every way! I'm not sure what the least amount to melt would be maybe just 1/4, be careful it doesn't burn though!
Ooo I hadn't thought of it burning:eek: - that would have been embarassing!:lol:
I am sure that it was because of something you said within another thread that got me interested in this wax and the more I have researched it the more it impresses me. So thanks very much!

Hi Gelly,

As Littlepinkfairy has already said - yes you can melt the Perron Rigot hard wax in the C&E heater, but I would advise keeping it topped up to at least 1/2 way - any less and the wax tends to get a bit difficult to control temperature wise. Unfortunately the Perron Rigot tins don't fit in a C&E heater (but they do fit in the bigger 1000cc Hive heaters), so you will need to empty and thoroughly clean one of your exisiting C&E wax tins or pour the pellets directly into the heater itself (which I personally don't recommend).

You want the hard wax to remain fairly solid in the middle, and melted around the edges - take the wax from the outside of the pot, where it is more fluid, or slightly closer to the middle if it gets too warm. It takes about 45 minutes in one of the 1000cc warmers to heat on a low to mid temperature (2-3) to a point where you can use it, so I imagine it'll take slightly less time in the smaller C&E warmers. Don't "speed heat" on a high temperature as it can burn and degrade the quality of the wax, and it also takes too long to cool back to a workable temp.

My advice is to start with the EuroBlonde (golden-syrup like in texture, the best hard wax I've ever used) or the EuRose if you prefer a creamy texture (the EuRose melts at a slightly higher temp, however). The Perron Rigot hard waxes spread a lot thinner than traditional hot waxes, and you don't need to "swirl" in a figure-of-8 unless the hair is particularly short or stubborn - just apply in the direction of hair growth, wait a minute for the wax to harden (it'll go slightly opaque) then flick up an edge to remove.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask any questions if anything doesn't make sense. Like anything new in life, the wax takes a while to get used to, but it's well worth the effort!

Andy x :D

Hi Gelly,

As Littlepinkfairy has already said - yes you can melt the Perron Rigot hard wax in the C&E heater, but I would advise keeping it topped up to at least 1/2 way - any less and the wax tends to get a bit difficult to control temperature wise. Unfortunately the Perron Rigot tins don't fit in a C&E heater (but they do fit in the bigger 1000cc Hive heaters), so you will need to empty and thoroughly clean one of your exisiting C&E wax tins or pour the pellets directly into the heater itself (which I personally don't recommend).

You want the hard wax to remain fairly solid in the middle, and melted around the edges - take the wax from the outside of the pot, where it is more fluid, or slightly closer to the middle if it gets too warm. It takes about 45 minutes in one of the 1000cc warmers to heat on a low to mid temperature (2-3) to a point where you can use it, so I imagine it'll take slightly less time in the smaller C&E warmers. Don't "speed heat" on a high temperature as it can burn and degrade the quality of the wax, and it also takes too long to cool back to a workable temp.

My advice is to start with the EuroBlonde (golden-syrup like in texture, the best hard wax I've ever used) or the EuRose if you prefer a creamy texture (the EuRose melts at a slightly higher temp, however). The Perron Rigot hard waxes spread a lot thinner than traditional hot waxes, and you don't need to "swirl" in a figure-of-8 unless the hair is particularly short or stubborn - just apply in the direction of hair growth, wait a minute for the wax to harden (it'll go slightly opaque) then flick up an edge to remove.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask any questions if anything doesn't make sense. Like anything new in life, the wax takes a while to get used to, but it's well worth the effort!

Andy x :D

Wow! Loads of info Andy, Thank you very much!!:green:
Would you ever figure-of-8 when waxing eyebrows - they can be short, stubborn hairs - but it seems like it would be very fiddly to do a f-o-8 on such a small area? Sorry if this is a stupid question......:rolleyes:

Wow! Loads of info Andy, Thank you very much!!:green:
Would you ever figure-of-8 when waxing eyebrows - they can be short, stubborn hairs - but it seems like it would be very fiddly to do a f-o-8 on such a small area? Sorry if this is a stupid question......:rolleyes:

You're welcome, and it's not a stupid question at all :biggrin:

You wouldn't need to figure-of-8 with eyebrows - as you rightly said, it would be too fiddly - but you do need to be quite firm with the spatula (not to the point of hurting, obviously! :lol:). Push the wax right down to the skin to ensure each hair gets a really good coating. The beauty of the Perron Rigot hard wax is that it will "shrinkwrap" the hair as it cools, getting a good grip on even the shortest of hairs without the need to build up multiple layers or work thickly.

To be honest the only time I need to figure-of-8 (bearing in mind I work in a men's salon) is on really short, tough hair that doesn't come out first time (which is rare), or on multi-directional hair (e.g. the "treasure trail" of hair between the navel and pubic bone, underarms, etc).

HTHs :D

Andy x

Thanks to you both for your answers, it's really appriciated.:green:

Latest posts

Back