can spiders get out of a hoover??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttynikki

Reaction score
:Scared: ok, i am petrified of spiders! just hoovered one that was in bathroom, that was scary cos i cant normally go near them, but with hubby at work i had no choice, but worried now that it may get out?
aaarrgghh
xxxxxxx

nuttynikki said:
:Scared: ok, i am petrified of spiders! just hoovered one that was in bathroom, that was scary cos i cant normally go near them, but with hubby at work i had no choice, but worried now that it may get out?
aaarrgghh
xxxxxxx

Oh...I can relate to this!!!! I'm just as scared of em as you. As far as I know............they can't get out again. I have a Dyson, and once that sucks spiders up they are DEAD!!!!:D If there's one in the bedroom I won't go to bed until hubby has ousted it out...........and I MEAN OUT!!!!

Martine x

nuttynikki said:
aaarrgghh
xxxxxxx

lol, ive done this loads of times, and i have never known one to get back out the hoover, i think they suffocate on the dust

aarrgh I hate spiders to!!!!I don`t think they can escape from the hoover because they usually have a 1 way valve that lets things in but not out again..hth

nuttynikki said:
aaarrgghh
xxxxxxx

Seriously?? No i doubt it hun xx

whew! thanks! i hate them!! was watchin tv in bed last night, and my cat was sat on bed she suddenly jumped up by head, and i thought, oh no, pls dont let it be a soider, and it was! right behind my head! hoovered that one up too, there are so many in our house lately.

my hubby always teases me & says they can get out, so had to be sure. thanks for putting my mind at rest.
xx

I hate hoovering them up ... I have to squeel loudly so I don't hear it going past my hand in the hose ... Oh I do hope they cannot escape?

In answer to your question ... I bl**dy well hope not !!! :Scared:

Sorry girls, LMAO!!!!
I've hoovered up a few spiders in my time. From my experience, no, the dont crawl out of the hoover! :D

Nats had a mahoosive one in her bedroom yesterday. My client came to the rescue and through it out the window for us - made you tidy up your room thought didn't it Nats!

iv'e hoovered up plenty of them i dont think they escape.

i think someones planted a nest of them in our house there seems to be hords of them at the moment, there was a massive one in our bathroom the other night, i spray them with hair laquer to stop them moving then bang them with a shoe, i no thats terrible but i cannot stand them. :Scared:

lol! im starting to think we have a nest too!! had a bad sleep last night cos i was paranoid there were more spiders! i kept turning my light on every now & then to have another check.sad, i know but i have always been terrified of them

xx

crystals said:

i think someones planted a nest of them in our house there seems to be hords of them at the moment, there was a massive one in our bathroom the other night, i spray them with hair laquer to stop them moving then bang them with a shoe, i no thats terrible but i cannot stand them. :Scared:

crystals said:

At least they go to spider heaven with a fab new hairdo!

LOL Sassy............. Is he or isn't he......... you know the advert on the TV from years ago lol......what was that hairspray called..........???? Harmony????

Sorry to have to tell you girls, but spiders do live on once they have been sucked up in the hoover and there is no reason why they cant crawl back up the suction pipe and crawl out again. How do I know this? Well last week whilst hubby was on nights, I sucked this HUGE spidy up in the hoover. Our hoover is one of those with the see through bag thing and I could see him crawling around in the dust. So I put a plastic bag over the hose pipe end and sealed it up with a plenty of elastic bands, then left it in the bathroom. Rang hubby and told him why hoover was in bathroom with plastic bag on the hose pipe and asked him to empty the bag when he got home. He told me that when he emptied the bag the spider was still alive and kicking and running around the bag. When he opened the container it ran out and scuttled off across the garden at top speed.

So can spiders get out of the hoover.....................YES!

The last time I hoovered up a huge one I put sellotape over the end of the hose & I'm glad I did now!!!! In fact he lived for a few days, the kids were quite sad when he died.....!!!!!!! Not me though, I hate 'em.....

Oh no, it looks like we are a bunch of spider murderers, at least I just whack mine and get the misery over and done with! Just think of those poor spiders dying a long and agonising death in a bag full of dust - still silly buggers shouldn't come into the house uninvited should they - I mean, HOW RUDE!

yeah i have just had the house guest from hell :Scared: no messing it was the size of a tarantula :Scared: i had to phone round few peeps to come and rescue me and james :o , i got daves brother in law to come and get it , dave wouldnt come home from work the selfish effort :evil: ,
so i have been going mad with the hoover just incase there were anymore :eek:

I've seen a spider climb out of a hoover.

If i want to get rid of a spider i trap it in a glass and put it outside - i never squash them! Spiders are great, they catch nasty flies and such.

Poor spiders :cry:

I can't do that catch them with a glass thing, cos spiders can out run a speeding bullet when they want, and then you don't know where they are, and they are lurking there waiting to take revenge and come out when you least expect it. Funny thing is I can pick daddy long legs up no probs - but they are like snails in comparison to spiders.

Latest posts

Back